Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

Sligo is a hard one to call...

I feel we can go up there and get the two points talking to a Tipp man Saturday night they were  short  and not long back playing ball when they played them in Tipperary.

Tipp had a player sent off early in the second half and were missing a few regulars esp in the backs.

The let in two very soft goals in the first half he said and despite being ten points behind in the second nearly won it with 14 men.

Armagh were well in front of Sligo as well before they had a melt down.

What look like the weakest team Antrim beat them last Sunday so I feel we have a great chance up there.

I hope there might be one or two more back to help the lads and the game last week should bring on O'Loughlin plus Finn can be another option after getting a bit of game time.

We really need to sort out the back line I think Farrell should be given a chance and I'd push Darren strong up a line or two.

My team

Brody
Kelly
Booth
Attride
Farrell
Begley
Dillion

O'Loughlin
Ramsbottom/Luttrell

Strong
Conway
Donoher

Kingston
Kingston
Finn(3rd midfielder as Creedon likes)

Eoin Lowry must be close to starting as well ...

Hopefully Meaney Walsh Lillis and Sean Moore are not far away ...

I know Quigley Timmons and Damien O'Connor will be another while
LAOIS ABÚ

Helix

You're watching too much of the soccer unlaoised with 3 points ;) but agree nonetheless a tough one to call. If we lose any chance of promotion most definitely gone.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Unlaoised

Quote from: Helix on March 02, 2017, 09:19:05 AM
You're watching too much of the soccer unlaoised with 3 points ;) but agree nonetheless a tough one to call. If we lose any chance of promotion most definitely gone.

????Three points??? ;D ;D ;D ;D
LAOIS ABÚ

Giovanni

Quote from: Unlaoised on March 02, 2017, 09:11:58 AM

My team

Brody
Kelly
Booth
Attride
Farrell
Begley
Dillion

I know some lads might argue about loose markers but I'd very much agree with this formation in the back 7

Unlaoised

Quote from: Giovanni on March 02, 2017, 10:17:11 AM
Quote from: Unlaoised on March 02, 2017, 09:11:58 AM

My team

Brody
Kelly
Booth
Attride
Farrell
Begley
Dillion

I know some lads might argue about loose markers but I'd very much agree with this formation in the back 7

Dillion deserves a Start and is a great ball carrier.Attride can play corner back in fact he stared fro DCU there in a few games last year.

I think Farrell would add a bit of pace to the back line and Kelly and Booth deserve to keep their spots after the last day.

Strong is better up the park he can make and kick scores I'd love to see him in the free role!
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Same team named. Strong continues as a corner back.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Pat Spillall

This is off topic I know but when you see below it is hard to see how Football in our county can improve.

·         Féíle na nOg (Fri 7 April / Sat 8 April)

"A" – 5 Teams – Ballyroan Abbey, Portarlington, Portlaoise, St Pauls, St Joseph's;

"B" – 19 Teams - Ballyfin, Ballylinan, Clonaslee St Manman's, Graiguecullen, Kilcavan, Killeshin Crettyard, Mountmellick, Na Fianna Og, O'Dempsey's, Park Ratheniska Spink, Rathdowney Errill, Rosenallis, StradballyParish Gaels, The Harps, The Heath, Camross, Castletown Slieve Bloom, St Fintans Mountrath, The Rock.

clonadmad

Double the numbers of A team's in the feile u14 hurling

"A" – 10 Teams – Borris in Ossory Kilcotton, Camross, Castletown Slieve Bloom, Clough Ballacolla, Portlaoise, Raheen parish Gaels, Rathdowney Errill, Rosenallis, St Lazerians Abbeyleix, The Harps;
"B" – 7 Teams – Ballinakill, Clonaslee St. Manmans, Na Fianna, Park Ratheniska Timahoe, Slieve Margy, St Fintans Mountrath, St Pauls;

Tony

Underage football around that age is always poorly organised. It was poorly organised back in the day when I was a wee lad. And Laois had excellent minor teams when I was a minor. So to say it means that football in the county will be poor because of it, is not necessarily true. Having said that, I'd be nice to get it right.

town1980

Yes totally off the topic start a new thread there... on times game Sligo are as bad as Laois but I still fear for  Laois going up there.... lads commented on eoin Lowry omg lads his way out of shape I feel for a lad training since October.... we loose we're doomed I think to div 4 and lets be honest div 3 isn't a bad division it's winnable,,, county board for all there will in employing creedon his not tactically aware.. that's the problem

town1980

im probably being harsh on the young lowry but i havent seen a thing for him to warrant a start,,,garry walsh a better option or evan o carroll if he has only 10\15 mins in the legs

gaastats

League record v Sligo

Last win: 2011 Laois 1-14 Sligo 2-8 in Sligo
Last defeat: 2004 Laois 0-8 Sligo 2-6 in OMP
Last defeat in Sligo: 2001 Laois 0-7 Sligo 0-13
Biggest win: 1991 Laois 1-17 Sligo 0-4 in Port
Biggest defeat: 2001 Laois 0-7 Sligo 0-13 in Sligo