Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

What a victory that was and although the football was division three quality it was as exciting game as was played over the weekend.

These bunch of lads deserve great credit for not lying down and showing character I hope people come out to support them against Tipperary on Saturday week.

Again as I always Say my ratings are only my opinion I respect every one of these lads who put so much time and effort into wearing the blue and white jersey.

Brody 9 -He would get a ten if he had to have kicked a point  :),on a serious note he was superb the difference for me.

Strong 6-Jamie clarke really ran him into the ground but the Emo man showed great skill in curling over the winner.Credit due

Booth 7-One of his better performances in a Laois jersey was physical and got one great block in.This should give him confidence

Kelly 8-I thought he was excellent never gave up and was tigerish in the tackle.Has great pace to recover which is a bonus.

Buggy 6-Tried hard but was a little bit off the pace and struggled in the tackle.Was a decent option from kickouts .Will learn a lot from this game.

Lillis 6-Decent game from Kieran picked up a few kickouts and breaks ,certainly adds composure to the back line.

Atttide 8-Another great performance from the Killeshin man set up so many attacks and whats more he can't half defend.

Meaney 9-Best game in a Laois shirt in years.Hit hard ,caught ball ,passed off at the right times .Well done Digger.

Luttrell 6-Got one nice point and put a lot of energy into the game not physical enough on or off the ball for this level yet in my opinion.

Murphy 5-Got a point but didn't really feature much.Lost a few balls but again is learning all the time.Will grow and learn from each game.

Doran 5-I can't remember Ambrose getting on the ball at all that much surprised he last till 50 minutes.He will have better days.

Donoher 8-One of the Courtwood man's best games in a Laois jersey he did well up there last year aswell. Two great points and a sublime goal.

O'Connor 5-Lost three early ball's and this was a catalyst for him being subbed.there will be other games to suit the skillful forward.

Kingston 8-Hot and cold one report says,I thought he was more hot showed well won free's and a peno that changed the game.Kicked a free from 50 yards not many in Ireland would.#Class

Ramsbottom 7-Ran out of steam after the late call up but can be happy with his days work.Got stuck in and what a pass for the first Laois goal.

Subs
Conway 7-Can't believe he didn't start and proved why he should have when he came in.A great outlet for a ball always seems to be able to win it.Needs however to add scores to his game!

Munnelly 5-Never really got to the pitch of the game but did well in possession and showed his experience.

McMahon 6- Thought he was decent made one great interception and was confident on the ball looks in good shape too.

P.Kingston 6-Got the red card but put himself about and fouled in the right areas .Was certainly hungry for it Sunday.

O'Reilly and Doran did nothing wrong and got a few possessions unfair to rate them for the five/six minutes they were on.

Overall a great 2 points ,whilst I won't be getting carried away and I believe Tipperary will be a tougher test I'm happy with the heart this side showed and it will give the camp an great boost for the two weeks of training ahead of the Tipp game.

Hopefully a few more might come back in contention for that game.

Still Damien O'Connor,James Finn,Evan O'Carroll,Colm Begley,John O'Loughlin,Brendan Quigley,Mark Timmons ,Gary Walsh to comeback and compete for places.
LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Great report UnLaoised, love reading these.. Is there any truth that MJ Tierney was back on the panel???
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Laoisguy

Are we really thinking about MJ at this stage folks

Tony

MJ is a great guy and works very hard but I personally don't see him as a starter. Great to have on the panel though - best placed ball freetaker in Laois. In play though, I don't see him adding much to the team but i hope i'm proved wrong on that. He just always seemed a bit small and light for inter-county open play and was never tigerish enough in the tackle or tracking back, in my opinion - again I hope i'm proven wrong on that as MJ is a fine man with plenty of talent.

Clubber Lang

If he proves himself in training and wins a place in starting team on merit then by all means I'd welcome him back. I have respect for anyone who commits himself to playing intercounty football in this day and age, especially those who don't make the starting team. Huge ask on anyone and when you're not getting any game time even more so.   

Giovanni

Always thought he was underappreciated in his own county. He was one of those lads that suffered from the consensus that we weren't big enough to play football 10 years ago or so. I remember he scored 10 or 11 points against Donegal in a league match when they were approaching their prime. We haven't too many to do that today.

redsetanta

I don't think it was that Giovanni. He was an excellent freetaker without doubt but he could be very frustrating to watch in open play. He woould often take on impossible shots and you would have to question his workrate at times. I don't think he was a great team player, although he wouldn't be alone in Laois in that regard.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

Before Donie came along he was worth his place for frees and 45s alone...even still he is the only one on the panel bar Evan O'Carroll who could kick a 45 I'd say!
LAOIS ABÚ

BallyroanAbu

If M. J good enough to back in I am surprised they have not looked at one or two more of ours.  Gavin Tynan is prob a better ball player than the vast majority of senior panel but thus far has not had a look in.

OTF

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on February 16, 2017, 03:32:56 PM
If M. J good enough to back in I am surprised they have not looked at one or two more of ours.  Gavin Tynan is prob a better ball player than the vast majority of senior panel but thus far has not had a look in.

What age is he BA, never heard of him before is he from the village.

theoldvet

YES Giovanni, I remember that game against Donegal when MJ gave a exhibition off free taking from all
over the park that day, I heard that Jim McGuinness said he never saw anything like it.
thank MJ for a great memory.

town1980

Tierney I seen no impact on the club champ last two yr,,,, nvr made it at senior grade

Ballygowen

[/quote]

MJ is 30 heading for 31, I played under age football with him for Ballyroan nearly 15 years ago, even at under 16 he was slotting over 45's, and had serious skill back then, but always lacked in size, but there's nothing he can do about that, when you're short you're short!!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on February 16, 2017, 01:24:47 AM
Is there any truth that MJ Tierney was back on the panel???

Still didn't get an answer, IS he on the panel this year does anyone know ? ? ? ? ?
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

OTF

Quote from: Ballygowen on February 16, 2017, 11:38:54 PM

MJ is 30 heading for 31, I played under age football with him for Ballyroan nearly 15 years ago, even at under 16 he was slotting over 45's, and had serious skill back then, but always lacked in size, but there's nothing he can do about that, when you're short you're short!!
[/quote]

It was Tynan I was wondering about