Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: Angelo on April 03, 2021, 09:15:32 AM
Interesting story breaking this morning.

https://www.ontheditch.com/taoiseach-micheal-martin-breached-public-health-guidelines-at-prohibited-event-honouring-his-father/

Maybe Louther can advise if that is a far right editorial.

I expect Colum to be calling for Martin to go.

Much as I think Martin is a very poor Taoiseach, this seems not as big a story as this new site is trying to make out:
https://www.echolive.ie/corksport/arid-40190700.html

That is Mary Lou and Martin now breaking lockdown rules.  Our next coalition partners in social distancing crime?

Angelo

Quote from: weareros on April 03, 2021, 03:54:56 PM
Quote from: Angelo on April 03, 2021, 09:15:32 AM
Interesting story breaking this morning.

https://www.ontheditch.com/taoiseach-micheal-martin-breached-public-health-guidelines-at-prohibited-event-honouring-his-father/

Maybe Louther can advise if that is a far right editorial.

I expect Colum to be calling for Martin to go.

Much as I think Martin is a very poor Taoiseach, this seems not as big a story as this new site is trying to make out:
https://www.echolive.ie/corksport/arid-40190700.html

That is Mary Lou and Martin now breaking lockdown rules.  Our next coalition partners in social distancing crime?

It's a very big story.

No indoor public gatherings were allowed at the time.

Of course RTE are not interested.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Rossfan

Good to see we have at least 1 party leader from a modest down to earth background, and a good GAA man to boot.
Mloo and the Leak on the other hand........
Not to mention Murphy and Boyd Barrett.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

These were the regulations in place at the time of the event Martin attended.

It's a cut and dry breach of his own regulations.

In fact he is encouraging others to break them.

skeog

Angelo great man on the regulations when it suits you.What about the 4 million sterling think you got from a British citizen kept it in the North to avoid scrutiny.

Angelo

Quote from: skeog on April 03, 2021, 05:58:14 PM
Angelo great man on the regulations when it suits you.What about the 4 million sterling think you got from a British citizen kept it in the North to avoid scrutiny.

Skeog a great man on the "What about SF"

skeog

Angelo i admire your dedication to the cause so i am going to refrain from any more postings on politics.Going to stick to the GAA stuff.

dublin7

Quote from: skeog on April 03, 2021, 07:41:23 PM
Angelo i admire your dedication to the cause so i am going to refrain from any more postings on politics.Going to stick to the GAA stuff.

A sensible decision. You're wasting your time arguing with him and it'll save you alot of time and energy in the long run

Angelo

You're wasting your time arguing with the facts. That's the issue.

It was a clear breach by Martin.

Dublin7 acting like a 5 year old as usual when the facts show him up to be a vacuous hypocrite.

Louther

I see the Times reporting that SF TD has settled a claim against RTE and Liveline for in excess of €150,000 for some comments made on air. Don't seem to be anyone able to report what the comments where. TD was Donnchadh O Laoghaire.

Wonder will he put the funds into party coffers?

Hope the fella has recovered from what was side that hurt him so much.

Angelo

RTE are very quick to slander, defame and misrepresent SF but seem very unwilling to cover stories when they break on a FFG scandal.

They do it on a routine basis so good to see them finally held to account.

Joe Brolly makes accurate charges against the DUP and is taken off air.

general_lee

Quote from: Louther on April 07, 2021, 11:02:42 AM
I see the Times reporting that SF TD has settled a claim against RTE and Liveline for in excess of €150,000 for some comments made on air. Don't seem to be anyone able to report what the comments where. TD was Donnchadh O Laoghaire.

Ha. Rent-free.

Snapchap

I hope you are equally concerned for Pascal O'Donoghue, that he will make a full and speedy recovery from his trauma. It was just last week that Paschal demanded RTÉ apologise for simply referencing in an interview that FG introduced VAT on childrens shoes in 1982. And believe it or not, RTÉ did swiftly apologise, both to him and to Fine Gael. Interesting precedent - I wonder will RTÉ presenters no longer ask Sinn Féin about events of 40 years ago too.

Louther

Quote from: Angelo on April 07, 2021, 11:06:12 AM
RTE are very quick to slander, defame and misrepresent SF but seem very unwilling to cover stories when they break on a FFG scandal.

They do it on a routine basis so good to see them finally held to account.

Joe Brolly makes accurate charges against the DUP and is taken off air.

This is why Joe Brolly got cut off. Are RTE to allow anyone say what they like knowing they foot the Bill.

150k a massive pay out and no one even seems to recall what was said or how the TD was defamed. Must have really upset the poor fella.

Louther

Quote from: Snapchap on April 07, 2021, 11:28:19 AM

I hope you are equally concerned for Pascal O'Donoghue, that he will make a full and speedy recovery from his trauma. It was just last week that Paschal demanded RTÉ apologise for simply referencing in an interview that FG introduced VAT on childrens shoes in 1982. And believe it or not, RTÉ did swiftly apologise, both to him and to Fine Gael. Interesting precedent - I wonder will RTÉ presenters no longer ask Sinn Féin about events of 40 years ago too.

Did he sue or accept what was said and move on like a grown adult? Was childish even looking an apology on a trivial comment that he should have addressed when he answered.