You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Louth Exile on November 08, 2007, 11:17:43 AM
I probably posted this one before but.....

Feckin eegits who drive up your hole when you are trying to parallel park  >:(

Wankers!!!  If you've started to indicate, then stop alongside another car, just in front of a space, where do the cnuts think you're gonna park?? on the roof of the other car??

Louth Exile

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 08, 2007, 11:19:05 AM
Feckers that take 20 minutes to parallel park on a main street. Causing a tailback to Ballydehob. ;)

It only takes 20 minutes when I am stubborn enough that I don't drive. Instead I wait for the gobshite behind me to sort it out and somehow manoeuvre out of the way so as I can park in the spot  ;)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

pintsofguinness

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 08, 2007, 11:19:05 AM
Feckers that take 20 minutes to parallel park on a main street. Causing a tailback to Ballydehob. ;)
They normally have me sitting on the horn.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Those new KitKat adverts that are used as a sponsor for Prison Break are fair annoying and bloody stupid
You'll Never Walk Alone.

lynchbhoy

cowboy electricians from laois
who wire up the houses so wrong that when you switch on the front hall light, the toaster explodes  ;)

ziggysego

People who only do the Lotto when it gets up to like ¬ 6.2 million!
Testing Accessibility

Hardy

Ziggy - there's an argument that that is the only time it might be a reasonable decision (based on the odds and potential return vs. layout) to do the lotto. Of course the lotto is still a tax on people who are bad at maths.

ONeill

People crying.

There's no such thing as pain in my book.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

billy the kid

I think the GPA should be ashamed of themselves they are undermining everything the GAA stands for.  What they are asking for is Pay for |Play dressed up in fancy clothes.

They are an elitist Organisation who are only concerned with themselves and I firmly believe its a case of a few leading the many.

Don't get me wrong i totally agree with players being treated well and looked after if they get injured but they are always looking for more and more.

Currently every season inter-county players in Derry get:

2 pairs of boots
2 full kits a season,
2 full sets of training gear. (1 wet and 1 normal)
1 rain jacket
1 zip up top
1 jumper
2 polo shirts
1 tracksuit
Home training Equipment
Free access to state of the art gym

All the above are official Derry gear from O neills with emblems and crests and this is only the gear I KNOW FOR CERTAIN they get!

Also they have access to a top class physio, team doctor dietician and heart screening facilities.

they receive meals after ALL games and on the way to away games

they get fed after every training

and they also get VERY GOOD rebates on their mileage expenses.

Again these are jut the things i KNOW FOR CERTAIN!!

for each national league game they receive 4 passes each allowing friends and family to gain admission to the games for FREE and the passes can be used for both hurling and football even if only involved in one code.

They receive at least 2 and sometimes more FREE tickets for ALL championship matches they are involved in

They receive 2 good tickets for the all Ireland final in their code (hurling or football) for FREE

Before the club championship begins they receive a pass allowing them to gain FREE entry to ALL championship matches within the county in EITHER code at ANY level

The above list was given to me when I asked a PRESENT COUNTY PLAYER from our club about conditions at inter-county level.

I don't think anyone would begrudge them these things as the gear and medical farcicalities are a MUST and so are the mileage expenses and the meals.

The other stuff are added perks and again I would say Just right they are training very hard and giving a big commitment to Our County.

Looking at the list I would say our county players are fairly well looked after wouldn't you? And this is just the example of our county alot of other counties like Armagh and Tyrone get even more gear and perks which again is fair enough.

But to ask for money and to make out that they are so hard done by and listening to some of their leaders you'd think some were hardly fit to feed themselves and on the way to financial ruin is an absolute myth and border line lie!! Nobodies making them play!!!

What ever happened to being proud to play for your county and pride in the jersey? That used to be enough to make people play for their counties.

Has Pride and honour fallen of the radar of the GPA in their obsession with self-worth and self-gain.
If pride in the jersey and being honoured to represent your County plus the list i have supplied aren't enough to make individuals play for OUR county teams do we really want them to? The type of character who would undermine the very fabric of our great organisation to line his own pockets.   

I was also informed by the County player from my own Club that most county players don't want to strike but are being openly pressurised to do so. Is this Democracy?

Its also evident the GPA are so far removed from the grassroots GAA and the supporters that they haven't noticed that the vast majority are strongly against it, but why would they listen to us mere mortals?

Down Manager Ross Carr has the right idea:

If these prima donnas strike and refuse to play Each County should find a panel of players who will represent their counties for pride honour and the other perks i listed. There would be a stampede to trials and it would totally negate the strike and render their actions futile and meaningless.

We cannot let the elitist few hold the rest of us to ransom while they try to gain financially for doing what most TRUE Gaels consider an Honour and a privilege – PLAY FOR YOUR COUNTY  
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

el_cuervo_fc

Good lad Billy, you've got you number of posts well up now

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 09, 2007, 12:07:26 AM
cowboy electricians from laois
who wire up the houses so wrong that when you switch on the front hall light, the toaster explodes  ;)

They were probably from Rathdowney...dodgy lot them Rathdowney Electricians...
Want a good Sparks ya should have got me  ;D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

heganboy

Xmas, or "the holidays" ffs its Christmas say what you mean instead of the fecking politically correct nonsense, you're killing me.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

ziggysego

"The holidays" don't annoy me.

"Xmas" does, because you're deliberately taking Christ out of Christmas and that to me is offensive.
Testing Accessibility

inisceithleann

Ones in work waffling on about Christmas and shopping in November when some of them are atheist. Christmas is most definitley a great time for gifts and extra pints but these people take the piss.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

J70

Quote from: heganboy on November 12, 2007, 07:59:17 PM
Xmas, or "the holidays" ffs its Christmas say what you mean instead of the fecking politically correct nonsense, you're killing me.

Did you miss the thread last week? ;D