Ulster U21 Football Championship 2010

Started by AFS, January 15, 2010, 02:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

What the weather like up around Enniskillen?  Does the pitch hold up well with this weather?  Hope the semi final isn't postponed
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

unitedireland

Its snowing heavy the match will be cancelled, especially after what happened stephen O'Neill in the  McKenna cup final when the pitch was frosty

sheamy

can't see either of the games being on. Omagh is not good at the best of times during the early part of the year.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: unitedireland on March 30, 2010, 02:58:24 PM
Its snowing heavy the match will be cancelled, especially after what happened stephen O'Neill in the  McKenna cup final when the pitch was frosty

It was the frost what did it, alright. If the sun had been splitting the stones when Hughes ran into his arm, he would have been grand. The cold made his bone brittle
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Celt_Man

Quote from: unitedireland on March 30, 2010, 02:58:24 PM

Bollox to that, I can see a postponement and this weather f**king up our club league fixtures already!!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Denn Forever

When will an announcement be made?

I assume if it is snowing in Enniskillen it will be snowing in Omagh.  God I hate snow.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

RMDrive

Both games off until Saturday. Same venues.

Ulster U21FC semi-finals postponed to Saturday

31 March 2010

Due to the inclement weather, both Cadbury's Ulster Under 21 Football Championship semi-finals scheduled for tonight (March 31st) have been postponed.

Derry had been due to face Donegal at Healy Park at 8.00pm, while Cavan were set to meet Monaghan in Enniskillen at the same time, but both games have now been moved to this Saturday and will throw-in at 2.00pm.

Saturday 3rd April:

Cadbury's Ulster Under 21 Football Championship semi-finals:
Monaghan v Cavan at Brewster Park, Enniskillen (2.00pm)
Derry v Donegal at Healy Park, Omagh (2.00pm)

http://www.hoganstand.com/Donegal/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=126482

thewanderer

Quote from: orange2009 on March 25, 2010, 10:40:32 AM

Video Interview with Brian after Armagh's disappointing defeat.  Match Report to follow

http://armagh-gaa.com/Armagh-TV/News/VIDEO--Brian-McAlinden-disappointed-by-U21-defeat.aspx

dont think mc alinden made the right choices in team or even squad selection this year. as usual your face fits or it doesnt. lets give some one else athe job next year ( but thats for another day). i still think a title was there for the taking but also feel that there are more seasoned 21 year olds in armagh and the squad that could have replaced some of the boys who started. especially when some of the team that started dont even get game time at senior level for their clubs at present.

Archie Mitchell

Bit of an upset today when Donegal beat Derry 1-11 to 0-10 despite being down to 14 men for all of 2nd half.

AFS

Surprised by that, Donegal were a bit underwhelming when I watched them last week. It could be quite a weak year at this grade, with no real stand out team. Big opportunity for a less successful county to go all the way.

passedit

When was the last time we've had an All Free State Ulster Final at any grade?
Don't Panic

Schkite

Quote from: passedit on April 03, 2010, 04:06:50 PM

Was just thinking that myself, the last time Monaghan won an Ulster u-21s it was against Donegal, that may well be the last one in that grade, I wouldn't say there would have been a more recent one at minor level.

J70

Quote from: AFS on April 03, 2010, 04:00:03 PM
Surprised by that, Donegal were a bit underwhelming when I watched them last week. It could be quite a weak year at this grade, with no real stand out team. Big opportunity for a less successful county to go all the way.

Murphy got 1-3 apparently. You'll always have a chance at underage with a top senior player on your team.

Etienne Lantier

Quote from: passedit on April 03, 2010, 04:06:50 PM

Monaghan and Donegal have played the last three vocational schools finals.

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard