Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandefender

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 24, 2018, 03:29:09 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on May 24, 2018, 02:24:44 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on May 24, 2018, 02:13:50 PM
Very surprised to hear that re Lee. Usually with a significant hamstring pull it goes straight away and it's obvious you need to go off. Lee went of without any major fuss and looked like he was taken off as he was gassed through lack of match sharpness.

I'm no Mickey loyalist, and some of the usual mouthpieces in here will be loving it, but he majorly screwed up by starting all the injured men.

Bigtogs, who are the three starting forwards? Bradley, Brennan and ?????

Peter Harte??

Of course, was thinking of injuries and forgot all about his red card!

Our training (Loughmacrory) was in Garvaghey Tuesday night as pitch had work done to it. Tyrone senior team trained on next pitch. Seemed to be a very light session for no more than an hour. Obviously didn't watch too closely but no clear sign of anyone getting significant injury. Although he could have pulled up without their backs/forwards game stopping.

You go to watch your team training?

omagh_gael

I was training myself. Kept half an eye on pitch next door when I was avoiding puking up my guts!

bogball88

Thought I heard that Mulgrew was out for the year?

redzone

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 24, 2018, 12:07:29 PM
U20 Team v Monaghan:

1. Benny Gallen;Aghyaran
2. Antoin Cox, Loughmacrory
3. Connor Quinn, Galbally
4. Peadar Mullan; Tattyreagh
5. Conal Grimes, Loughmacrory
6. Ryan McCusker, Dromore
7. Cahir Goodwin; Dromore
8. Ruairi Gormley, Strabane
9. Brian Kennedy; Derrylaughan
10. Conor Shields, Clogher
11. Emmett McNabb, Dromore
12. Ryan Gray; Trillick
13. Tiarnan Drayne, Donaghmore
14. Mattie McGleenan, Eglish
15. Paul Donaghy, Edendork

No canavan, is he on the squad. And no peter og

redzone

That's a great looking team on paper, hope they go out and play well

Therealdonald

Quote from: redzone on May 24, 2018, 06:25:43 PM
U20 Team v Monaghan:

1. Benny Gallen;Aghyaran
12. Ryan Gray; Trillick

Canavan still a minor, so as far as I know I don't think he's able to play.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Therealdonald on May 24, 2018, 07:05:45 PM
U20 Team v Monaghan:

1. Benny Gallen;Aghyaran
12. Ryan Gray; Trillick

Same age as Antoin Fox at corner back. Think he left the panel, heard because he was playing to much football.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 24, 2018, 07:10:51 PM
U20 Team v Monaghan:

1. Benny Gallen;Aghyaran
12. Ryan Gray; Trillick

Same age as Antoin Fox at corner back. Think he left the panel, heard because he was playing to much football.

He could be the same age, but Canavan has an extra year at minor. There's a rule of some kind that they can't play for the u20's while they're still minors.

redzone

Fox is  a minor this year. If canavan was a year younger he would still be on the u17 team 

southtyronegael

lee brennan has been on the tyrone panel for over 2 years and mickey refused to start him in games even though most tyrone people wanted to see him. then he starts him when his is already injured and now he is out for 8 weeks. well done mickey. im sure the people of trillick are delighted with you.

sensethetone

Quote from: WT4E on May 24, 2018, 12:42:26 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 24, 2018, 12:28:35 PM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 24, 2018, 11:39:52 AM
4 days on from the game - is it out of the question to call for some balanced thinking? I think we are all disappointed with the result but, all things considered, the game was won by Monaghan in the last ten minutes and we entered this period without Colm Cavanagh, Tiernan McCann, Lee Brennan and Mark Bradley on the field, whereas Monaghan had they full compliment on at this stage (after bringing on McCarthy and Walshe). This was arguably the difference as a fit Colm Cav could have made the difference at midfield where we really struggled.

Also, we were level with Monaghan after 65 minutes despite injuries to the above players and with barely any of our other players playing to their full potential. I still feel that on any given day if we play well we are capable of beating any team in Ireland, possibly excluding the Dubs. So, going forward, with the right draw I feel we can reach the All Ireland final which would obviously be progress from last year and all anyone can ask for.

Finally, looking at positives coming out of the defeat, playing in the Qualifiers may give some of our less experienced men room to breathe and play their way into form in a less pressurised environment whilst getting experience at inter-county level. I'm thinking of the likes of Brennan, McClure, McShane, McKernan. With a few games under their belt i think these guys could gain momentum and really become key players as the year goes on.

With that in mind I would home we get an easy enough draw (a Division 3 team for example) in the first round and gradually face better teams as we progress. Although I think we could beat Mayo if we drew them.

I admire your positivity, but this team will not reach an All Ireland final. The legs will be gone by the time the Super 8s / Quarters finish. It's too much of an ask for a team that looked laboured in their opener v Monaghan to now win maybe 7/8 in a row with limited rest.

Anyone thing regular games might help a team rather than hinder them - games get/keep players sharp.
That would depend on the opposition and beating them to get the extra matches. Not playing challenge matches could be catching up.

youhavenofans

Quote from: Therealdonald on May 24, 2018, 07:56:34 PM
U20 Team v Monaghan:

1. Benny Gallen;Aghyaran
12. Ryan Gray; Trillick

He could be the same age, but Canavan has an extra year at minor. There's a rule of some kind that they can't play for the u20's while they're still minors.

Canavan and Fox are the same age, don't think he even made the panel at the start, had a broken thumb for a while after Christmas. Also Matthew Murnaghan came out of that un17 team and in the un20 squad.

Peter Og came back and done his other hamstring last week. Also can't see Brian Kennedy playing as he also pulled up with hamstring in friendly against Galway last week.

WT4E

Quote from: sensethetone on May 25, 2018, 08:14:19 AM
Quote from: WT4E on May 24, 2018, 12:42:26 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 24, 2018, 12:28:35 PM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 24, 2018, 11:39:52 AM
4 days on from the game - is it out of the question to call for some balanced thinking? I think we are all disappointed with the result but, all things considered, the game was won by Monaghan in the last ten minutes and we entered this period without Colm Cavanagh, Tiernan McCann, Lee Brennan and Mark Bradley on the field, whereas Monaghan had they full compliment on at this stage (after bringing on McCarthy and Walshe). This was arguably the difference as a fit Colm Cav could have made the difference at midfield where we really struggled.

Also, we were level with Monaghan after 65 minutes despite injuries to the above players and with barely any of our other players playing to their full potential. I still feel that on any given day if we play well we are capable of beating any team in Ireland, possibly excluding the Dubs. So, going forward, with the right draw I feel we can reach the All Ireland final which would obviously be progress from last year and all anyone can ask for.

Finally, looking at positives coming out of the defeat, playing in the Qualifiers may give some of our less experienced men room to breathe and play their way into form in a less pressurised environment whilst getting experience at inter-county level. I'm thinking of the likes of Brennan, McClure, McShane, McKernan. With a few games under their belt i think these guys could gain momentum and really become key players as the year goes on.

With that in mind I would home we get an easy enough draw (a Division 3 team for example) in the first round and gradually face better teams as we progress. Although I think we could beat Mayo if we drew them.

I admire your positivity, but this team will not reach an All Ireland final. The legs will be gone by the time the Super 8s / Quarters finish. It's too much of an ask for a team that looked laboured in their opener v Monaghan to now win maybe 7/8 in a row with limited rest.

Anyone thing regular games might help a team rather than hinder them - games get/keep players sharp.
That would depend on the opposition and beating them to get the extra matches. Not playing challenge matches could be catching up.

If we can avoid Mayo in R1 I'd be confident we would make it to super 8 decider - is it round 4?

GaelTheGael

Quote from: youhavenofans on May 25, 2018, 09:25:39 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on May 24, 2018, 07:56:34 PM
U20 Team v Monaghan:

1. Benny Gallen;Aghyaran
12. Ryan Gray; Trillick

Canavan and Fox are the same age, don't think he even made the panel at the start, had a broken thumb for a while after Christmas. Also Matthew Murnaghan came out of that un17 team and in the un20 squad.

Peter Og came back and done his other hamstring last week. Also can't see Brian Kennedy playing as he also pulled up with hamstring in friendly against Galway last week.
Emmet McNabb also carrying an injury.
As we seen with the seniors Sunday past how carrying an injury affects performance and i dont see enough quality elsewhere on that team to trouble Monaghan if McCartan, McNabb and Kennedy are carrying injuries.

The Golden Years

U20 Team v Monaghan:

1. Benny Gallen;Aghyaran
12. Ryan Gray; Trillick

Quite a few names i have never heard of here.  Who would the main players be?  A bit  surprised no Carrickmore players on considering the won the minor double for this particular group of players.