Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the goal was on

Players and management meeting last night in kellys. Must have confirmation of new deal or why would you call this meeting?.

omagh_gael

Quote from: the goal was on on September 05, 2017, 10:24:32 AM
Players and management meeting last night in kellys. Must have confirmation of new deal or why would you call this meeting?.

End of season wrap up? Us this not a pretty common thing amongst high level sports teams?

Tyrone Gaa

Nothing can be sown up with out confirmed approval from the county committee.  Most of them are YES men so if a proposal is made the nodding dogs wont challenge it.  But until that vote is taken Mickey cant count his chickens, there previously was enough opposition not to award him a 3 year term he got 2 years (now expired).  It will be interesting to see the outcome tonight.

Id guess the media will be watching for some kind of white smoke coming from Garvaghy  :)
Living the dream!!!

Ty4Sam

Management committee have proposed a 2 year term for Mickey, up to the committee now to vote on it.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Ty4Sam on September 05, 2017, 10:49:43 AM
Management committee have proposed a 2 year term for Mickey, up to the committee now to vote on it.

If that's the case the 1st thing that should be discussed is the management committee and their inability to keep things confidential.
Living the dream!!!

southtyronegael

Why are the clubs not having their vote? Why should everything be confidential? Bit of transparency would be good.

The Bearded One

Are you a member of your club committee STG? Did your co committee delegate not provide feedback from the last two county committee meetings regarding Mickey's future and indeed Peter Donnelly's?
It is what it is. Presumably.

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 05, 2017, 11:50:16 AM
Why are the clubs not having their vote? Why should everything be confidential? Bit of transparency would be good.

He is a Fermanagh man who I doubt has any club affiliation from the sounds of him. Too busy on here crying to do anything

southtyronegael

That's the prob with comittees, full of brown nosers and yes men like redhandefender. Only in it for themselves and what they can get out of it.

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 05, 2017, 12:56:59 PM
That's the prob with comittees, full of brown nosers and yes men like redhandefender. Only in it for themselves and what they can get out of it.

I am on no committee, few years off that yet, couldn't hack listening to yapping about everything and everything from people who have never actually played like yourself

RedHand88

Quote from: DEL on September 05, 2017, 12:08:38 AM
Could one man name a manager who could do more than Harte? Truth is we are short up front we just don't have the forwards we had during glory years. Badly need a 14. I get it people don't like Harte for a variety of reasons (most not football related) but he's unquestionably the best we had and have. Sick of men spouting shite after a defeat and secretly delighted to stir the pot. Unless you are contributing something to Tyrone/your club in some shape or form away and follow the Irish league they are mad looking clowns.

Nope because there isnt... I heard someone mention Banty. True story!
Its likely that if Harte isnt offered the contract he would have an offer from another county in the morning.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 05, 2017, 01:44:06 PM
Could one man name a manager who could do more than Harte? Truth is we are short up front we just don't have the forwards we had during glory years. Badly need a 14. I get it people don't like Harte for a variety of reasons (most not football related) but he's unquestionably the best we had and have. Sick of men spouting shite after a defeat and secretly delighted to stir the pot. Unless you are contributing something to Tyrone/your club in some shape or form away and follow the Irish league they are mad looking clowns.

Its likely that if Harte isnt offered the contract he would have an offer from another county in the morning.

I've decided that I'm not a Harte supporter but I wouldn't want the job going outside the county.  Tyrone should be managed by a Tyrone man.  There are plenty of Tyrone men that could be considered when the day does come that Harte is no longer at the Helm weather that next week or 3 years.

Raymond Munroe - All Ireland Minor Winner
Fergal Logan & Team - All Ireland U21 Winner
Collie Holmes - All Ireland U17 Winner

There are 3 men that have tasted All Ireland success during Mickey's reign, maybe laughed at in some circles as not an option but a Tyrone manager should be from Tyrone.  Banty can do one!!!!
Living the dream!!!

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 05, 2017, 02:03:47 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on September 05, 2017, 01:44:06 PM

I've decided that I'm not a Harte supporter but I wouldn't want the job going outside the county.  Tyrone should be managed by a Tyrone man.  There are plenty of Tyrone men that could be considered when the day does come that Harte is no longer at the Helm weather that next week or 3 years.

Raymond Munroe - All Ireland Minor Winner
Fergal Logan & Team - All Ireland U21 Winner
Collie Holmes - All Ireland U17 Winner

There are 3 men that have tasted All Ireland success during Mickey's reign, maybe laughed at in some circles as not an option but a Tyrone manager should be from Tyrone.  Banty can do one!!!!
Munroe stepped away from Management has he not? His record with the U21s for the 3 years he was there also doesnt inspire much confidence considering the quality players he had at his disposal.
Say Holmes rightly down the list and will be staying with U17s going forward.
Logan and the team probably best in line as replacement. Tally would be a welcome addition to that team as well.

Ty4Sam

Munroe stepped away from Management has he not? His record with the U21s for the 3 years he was there also doesnt inspire much confidence considering the quality players he had at his disposal.
Say Holmes rightly down the list and will be staying with U17s going forward.
Logan and the team probably best in line as replacement. Tally would be a welcome addition to that team as well.
[/quote]

Got to agree with that, if Harte is to go the only option within the county I feel would be Logan as manager with Canavan, Dooher, Peter Donnelly & Tally as a support team.

Legoman5

What I believe will happen is that Mickey Will stay on and will not be pushed out, Weather or not that is 1 or 2 years I dont know but I believe he will definately be back to defend his Ulster title!
As for future replacements within the next year or 2, there are 3 main men to choose from in my opinion:

O'Rourke
McGleenan
Logan

This is just what I think, Men like Canavan would be in the backroom team, Porter will O'Rourke Etc