Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

driveherin

Any word of League fixtures??? Starts in a few weeks and no one knows what's happening!!! What is the hold up??? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

keepherlit

Quote from: driveherin on March 13, 2017, 04:50:16 PM
Any word of League fixtures??? Starts in a few weeks and no one knows what's happening!!! What is the hold up??? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Supposed to be out this week. If Tyrone make it to league final won't start until Sat 15th April.

Club boi

Quote from: Dire Ear on March 13, 2017, 10:20:07 AM
Division 1 Cillian O'Connor, Mayo 1-22 (25)
Dean Rock, Dublin 0-25 (25)
Paul Geaney, Kerry 3-15 (24)
Ciarain Murtagh, Roscommon 2-8 (14)
Conor McManus, Monaghan 0-14 (14)
Michael Murphy, Donegal 1-10 (13)
Ciaran Thompson, Donegal 0-13 (13)
Seanie Johnston, Cavan 0-11 (11)

Top scorers so far, I think it's good that Tyrone have scorers from all over the field.

Couldn't disagree more. The above named players almost certainly GUARANTEE their teams regular scores per game. Tyrone have no reliable person who you can be confident will get you the scores needed to get over the line

Il Bomber Destro

What's the expectations for the u21s this year?

We haven't pulled any trees at minor level in the past 3 years. One win against Down back in 2014 and three defeats to Monaghan, Donegal and Derry. Apart from Brennan, Mulgrew and McKernan there wouldn't be too many players there who would be weighted in expectation for the future as well, that I know of anyway.

On the plus side we have a good management side in place and they will have had full access to the whole panel in preparation to the build up in comparison to Donegal say who will have had a lot of players involved with seniors and who have picked up injuries as well.

Could well turn out to be a very good side but a lot of them would be unknown of players as of yet in comparison to previous U21 sides.

Bring back club football

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 13, 2017, 05:52:36 PM

We haven't pulled any trees at minor level in the past 3 years. One win against Down back in 2014 and three defeats to Monaghan, Donegal and Derry. Apart from Brennan, Mulgrew and McKernan there wouldn't be too many players there who would be weighted in expectation for the future as well, that I know of anyway.

On the plus side we have a good management side in place and they will have had full access to the whole panel in preparation to the build up in comparison to Donegal say who will have had a lot of players involved with seniors and who have picked up injuries as well.

Could well turn out to be a very good side but a lot of them would be unknown of players as of yet in comparison to previous U21 sides.
Surely they should be winning this with all these great players and even better management

BennyHarp

Quote from: Club boi on March 13, 2017, 05:19:37 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on March 13, 2017, 10:20:07 AM
Division 1 Cillian O'Connor, Mayo 1-22 (25)
Dean Rock, Dublin 0-25 (25)
Paul Geaney, Kerry 3-15 (24)
Ciarain Murtagh, Roscommon 2-8 (14)
Conor McManus, Monaghan 0-14 (14)
Michael Murphy, Donegal 1-10 (13)
Ciaran Thompson, Donegal 0-13 (13)
Seanie Johnston, Cavan 0-11 (11)

Top scorers so far, I think it's good that Tyrone have scorers from all over the field.

Couldn't disagree more. The above named players almost certainly GUARANTEE their teams regular scores per game. Tyrone have no reliable person who you can be confident will get you the scores needed to get over the line

Tyrone just don't have this type of player at the minute so it makes sense to have a game plan which spreads the scores. An over reliance on one man isn't a good thing. Look at Monaghans inability to get past the last 8 every year.
That was never a square ball!!

RedHandTom

I've seen the 21s a few times this year cos of nephew in the panel and I'd be impressed with the set up. We beat a lot of very good sides including Dublin, Cork, Down, Slaughtneil and Kildare. Make no mistake we're very well prepared for this game. Donegal should be equally strong but most definitely haven't been going as well. The reliable word is they've struggled to get players together and have half a dozen key men injured.
I don't really know what to expect but from what I've seen we are in a damn good position to win this one.

oakleafgael

Quote from: RedHandTom on March 13, 2017, 09:01:25 PM

I've seen the 21s a few times this year cos of nephew in the panel and I'd be impressed with the set up. We beat a lot of very good sides including Dublin, Cork, Down, Slaughtneil and Kildare. Make no mistake we're very well prepared for this game. Donegal should be equally strong but most definitely haven't been going as well. The reliable word is they've struggled to get players together and have half a dozen key men injured.
I don't really know what to expect but from what I've seen we are in a damn good position to win this one.

Not that it matters in the bigger scheme of things but they didn't beat Slaughtneil.

RedHandTom

I was at the Slaughtneil game. I thought we won by a couple of points no? It was a tight enough game. It was abandoned by the referee after 15mins after a melee. Ref had to be persuaded to come back.

Fuzzman

GetOverTheBar

Think most people prefer Mattie Donnelly driving at opposition defence like we are used to - but this is a nice mix up in tactics, it's been obvious Tyrone are light up front (without Cavanagh) and maybe these two paired in the full forward line with a Mark Bradley playing just off them could cause chaos, certainly something they should give a go considering the year has went very well for Tyrone so far.

omagh_gael

This year has been going good, however, this isnt directly due to Sean and Mattie in FF. I am struggling to think one score that came from early, long ball into them. Would this be correct?

Now I'm not saying this should be abandoned as I think it's the right way to go. Maybe their presence is causing teams to focus more energy to cover them and allowing more space out the field.

nrico2006

Quote from: RedHandTom on March 13, 2017, 09:37:44 PM
I was at the Slaughtneil game. I thought we won by a couple of points no? It was a tight enough game. It was abandoned by the referee after 15mins after a melee. Ref had to be persuaded to come back.

I heard Tyrone u-21s beat Slaughtneil too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Redhand Santa

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 14, 2017, 03:52:02 PM
This year has been going good, however, this isnt directly due to Sean and Mattie in FF. I am struggling to think one score that came from early, long ball into them. Would this be correct?

Now I'm not saying this should be abandoned as I think it's the right way to go. Maybe their presence is causing teams to focus more energy to cover them and allowing more space out the field.

Sunday was the first time it was tried with the two of them on so I think it'll need a bit more time to see how it works out. There is no way they'll both stay in there for full games but they can be moved in an out. On Sunday Mattie scored a point but I think he won another 3 frees which were scored. He needs to work on what he does when he gets the ball but he definitely got his hands on a lot more ball than some of our full forward line usually do.