Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandofgod

How did Niall McKenna at full forward work out yesterday???

In hiding

Quote from: skeog on December 19, 2016, 12:30:42 PM
Tyrone 3rd team was out yesterday
Just a small bit insulting I suppose.

jp2020

Quote from: In hiding on December 19, 2016, 02:13:39 PM
Quote from: skeog on December 19, 2016, 12:30:42 PM
Tyrone 3rd team was out yesterday
Just a small bit insulting I suppose.
Armagh were hardly at full strength, whatever that is! And as for MH coming out and saying he had an inexperienced team playing a seasoned team, wise up!

Hope he tries more new lads in McKenna Cup and give lads a game instead of this must-win approach and get dumped on our rears in July or August cos lads didnt get game time!

southtyronegael

peter harte and niall sludden both played for ulster on saturday then came on as subs on sunday. what exactly is mickey harte trying to achieve here? its december.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Is there anyone on here who can explain to me what Conor Clarke has to offer, the man is actually struggling to play well at club for a few years now never mind being the standard of county. When I think of the likes of Dan Mc Nulty sitting at home who can offer us size and power in a ff line whilst we run out a player clearly not at this level. Bewilderingly to say the least.

southtyronegael

to be fair to clarke he has had alot of injuries this last few yrs. showed alot of potential as an underage player. mc nulty should have got a chance but id say its more to do with us keepin the running game so wont need a target man in full foward. its a real mess.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on December 19, 2016, 11:44:53 PM
Is there anyone on here who can explain to me what Conor Clarke has to offer, the man is actually struggling to play well at club for a few years now never mind being the standard of county. When I think of the likes of Dan Mc Nulty sitting at home who can offer us size and power in a ff line whilst we run out a player clearly not at this level. Bewilderingly to say the least.

Does Dan McNulty actually want to play for Tyrone? His name gets bandied about on this thread quite a bit but I'm quite sure if the lad had indicated a desire to play and that he was going to fully commit then he would be on the panel.

I agree with the previous post about Harte and Sludden. Mickey made the point that he doesn't like throwing young players in without having a certain number of senior players to help guide them through. But I really cannot agree that having Peter Harte play two games in two days in December 2016 is going to help us win an all-Ireland in September 2017. I'd actually question the necessity of Peter Harte playing much football in January in the Mckenna cup never mind the O'finch Cup in December.

Also has anyone heard about anyone who might be dropping off the panel this year?

Il Bomber Destro

I think it's about time someone told Clarke to lay off the gym, he comes back bigger and more immobile everytime he returns from injury.

A shame as he looked a great prospect when he burst on the scene but the injuries look to have done for him.

southtyronegael

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on December 20, 2016, 12:02:19 AM

Does Dan McNulty actually want to play for Tyrone? His name gets bandied about on this thread quite a bit but I'm quite sure if the lad had indicated a desire to play and that he was going to fully commit then he would be on the panel.

I agree with the previous post about Harte and Sludden. Mickey made the point that he doesn't like throwing young players in without having a certain number of senior players to help guide them through. But I really cannot agree that having Peter Harte play two games in two days in December 2016 is going to help us win an all-Ireland in September 2017. I'd actually question the necessity of Peter Harte playing much football in January in the Mckenna cup never mind the O'finch Cup in December.

Also has anyone heard about anyone who might be dropping off the panel this year?
    hopefully aiden mc crory and tiernan mc cann.

bogball88

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 20, 2016, 12:02:49 AM

I think it's about time someone told Clarke to lay off the gym, he comes back bigger and more immobile everytime he returns from injury.

A shame as he looked a great prospect when he burst on the scene but the injuries look to have done for him.

Wasn't he on the back page of the Irish News last year saying that he knew he needed to lay off the gym?

southtyronegael

i see the irish news have wheeled out mark donnelly today to give his tuppence worth on who should be tyrones full forward line. for the record, mc curry, s cavanagh, m bradley. duh.

Fuzzman

With the McKenna cup about to begin who do folks think we will see coming through into the starting team?
Last year Niall Sludden seemed to be the player who made the most improvement as the year went on.

Are Hampsey and McGeary the best positioned to state a claim for a place in defence?
Is this the year we finally see Lee Brennan given his chance or is he still too young? Is he still U21 this year?

omagh_gael

I think McGreary and Hampsey will see more game time, surely Lee will get plenty of time over the coming weeks as well. As far as I know he may have 2 years left at u-21, open to correction on that though.

GaelTheGael

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 03, 2017, 03:17:46 PM
I think McGreary and Hampsey will see more game time, surely Lee will get plenty of time over the coming weeks as well. As far as I know he may have 2 years left at u-21, open to correction on that though.
This is his final year of U21s. Mulgrew has two years left at U21 level.
As bes the case with U21s they leave the senior squad to focus on the U21s and therefore after the McKenna cup we probably wont see him.

WBF

I would like to see Munroe & Hampsey get a bit more game time!