Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 02, 2018, 10:36:36 PM
Surprised Harry Loughran is named with The Moy in action fairly soon!

The Slaughtneil lads arent togging out for Derry.

Surprised at this myself, but I wouldn't be shocked if the team named is changed before the start of the game as MH likes to do (catch Antrim of guard  ;) ). Harry probably wants to be more than a spectator this season so if that's the case unfortunately for him and the Moy that means McKenna cup football. I doubt we will see Colm Cavanagh anywhere near the Tyrone set up until Moy end their interest in the championship.
Living the dream!!!

southtyronegael

harry loughran put in an impossible situation. big club game coming up, but he knows if he doesnt make himself available for mc kenna cup then his chances of playing league or championship football are next to zero. just ask owen mulligan. colly cavanagh will get away with not committing to mc kenna cup as he IS the tyrone football team at the minute. prob cost him the captaincy though.

Jim Bob

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 03, 2018, 10:15:34 AM
harry loughran put in an impossible situation. big club game coming up, but he knows if he doesnt make himself available for mc kenna cup then his chances of playing league or championship football are next to zero. just ask owen mulligan. colly cavanagh will get away with not committing to mc kenna cup as he IS the tyrone football team at the minute. prob caused him the captaincy though.

Folks, I think idiot above  meant it 'cost' Cavanagh not 'caused'

southtyronegael

tanks fir corecting me spillins jumbo.

tiempo

Completely unnecessary to play Harry Loughran unless specifically requested by the player/club and hard to fathom why they would. More than enough players to stand on the penalty spot for a couple of McKenna Cup games. Is this not the time of year Niall McKenna gets a few scores at FF and gives Mickey every excuse to retain him as training session fodder for the rest of the year?

redhandefender

Everythings a drama lol, what a way to start the year, complaining about Team Talk Awards and a fella lining out for the county probably for the specific reason mentioned above that he put himself forward. I'm sure he cleared it with his club. The risk is on his shoulders but I am sure he has weighed up risk v reward!

Nothing to see here

Helpline

Why is Harte fielding such an experienced team, surely the McKenna Cup should be used for assessing the younger and new faces in the team, you would think it was all-ireland final or something.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

The Bearded One

Tyrone have limited enough numbers due to the lads away with colleges, they have at least 3 games in 7 days, possibly 4 in 11 days. Harte can't play the same 15 in each game so the younger lads will get a chance. He typically mixes the youth with experience, it is hardly that surprising.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Helpline on January 03, 2018, 01:13:42 PM
Why is Harte fielding such an experienced team, surely the McKenna Cup should be used for assessing the younger and new faces in the team, you would think it was all-ireland final or something.

We've only brought in four new faces to the squad. There's not much experimenting to be done.

shyted

STG you have won knob of the year three years straight and long odds on for this year too

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: tiempo on January 03, 2018, 12:08:16 PM
Completely unnecessary to play Harry Loughran unless specifically requested by the player/club and hard to fathom why they would. More than enough players to stand on the penalty spot for a couple of McKenna Cup games. Is this not the time of year Niall McKenna gets a few scores at FF and gives Mickey every excuse to retain him as training session fodder for the rest of the year?

I would imagine Harry Loughran is very keen to get a run in the McKenna Cup. After being injured a lot of last year (his only previous appearance for Tyrone is 5 minutes at the end of the Mayo league game), he is in the form of his life and it gives him a chance to shoot the lights out against the fodder of Antrim and St Marys to stake a claim for the league and championship. I would assume he will play a part in the first 2 or 3 matches before heading back to the Moy, I think some of the Pomeroy lads did the same last year.

Are Petey Harte, McCrory, McNamee and McCarron on the McKenna Cup panel? Don't see them named in the squad for tonight and I think the rest would do them no harm. Errigal and Ahyaran had long club seasons last year while McCarron is now the oldest man in the panel and doesnt need to be playing football in January at this stage.

Tyrone Gaa

Couldn't see McCarron being brought up from Kildare to play mid week football. Other boys get their chance in his position. Is McCarron older than McCrory? Regarding Harry Loughran and his injury record that's probably more reason for him not to play. You say Harte, McNamee has long club seasons Harry's hasn't stopped. I'm sure Moy are still training away.

I understand he is maybe keen to impress so hopefully it's his call and not something he's been pressured into. I think he can be a big asset to our full forward line, his brief outings with Tyrone last year as at half back.
Living the dream!!!

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on January 03, 2018, 03:16:58 PM
Couldn't see McCarron being brought up from Kildare to play mid week football. Other boys get their chance in his position. Is McCarron older than McCrory? Regarding Harry Loughran and his injury record that's probably more reason for him not to play. You say Harte, McNamee has long club seasons Harry's hasn't stopped. I'm sure Moy are still training away.

I understand he is maybe keen to impress so hopefully it's his call and not something he's been pressured into. I think he can be a big asset to our full forward line, his brief outings with Tyrone last year as at half back.

In relation to Harte, McCrory and McNamee, i meant that they are established players at this stage who have nothing to prove in the McKenna Cup so after a long season i think the break would do them good. Whereas Harry Loughran is at the beginning of his county career and untested players need to do their time in the pre season competitions.

Which lads are playing with their colleges this year? Off the top of my head I can only think of Bradley, Rory Brennan, Meyler and Mulgrew that are missing from the squad for tonight.

Does anyone know if the game is on Armagh tv tonight?

southtyronegael

Quote from: shyted on January 03, 2018, 02:12:47 PM
STG you have won knob of the year three years straight and long odds on for this year too
knob? im not the one with shite as a profile name.

Jim Bob

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 03, 2018, 11:26:20 AM
tanks fir corecting me spillins jumbo.

Wasn't a spelling mistake. You actually believed the proper word was 'caused' in that case!
That's how thick you are!!!