Belfast rioting over removal of Union Jack

Started by Maurice Moss, December 04, 2012, 02:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Still no plastic bullets only a water cannon. If it was up in ardoyne they would have been out on the 1st night!!
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Gabriel_Hurl

List of planned protests doing the round on Twitter

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

I managed to drive into the Cloughfern protest. Surely these are all illegal?

Where the heck is the parades commission?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Onion Bag

Quote from: ONeill on December 07, 2012, 10:00:56 PM
Kent tomorrow. Should be good.

There would be a lot interest in Kent. Why the f**k didn't they just take the flag down and say nothing. No one would have even noticied, I have been round the city hall dozens of times and never even noticied it.
This country is a joke, can't even agree on whether a flag being flown on the city hall, this time last year there was a row over the happy Xmas sign going up in Irish. Sinn Fein, DUP, UUP, SDLP etc are all the f**king same they couldn't agree on the colour of shite. I won't set foot in another electoral office again, shower or w**kers!

Rois

Just back in from town and the Christmas Market. Didn't see anything but taxi driver said Shaftsbury Sq was closed. We drove home along Shore Rd bedecked in Union Jacks, very quiet, all away rioting elsewhere no doubt.

We're having my sister's 30th in town tomorrow, and Rois's family will be shouting "No Surrender" to the spidey rioters!

trileacman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 07, 2012, 09:46:08 PM
List of planned protests doing the round on Twitter

Ye can't be f**king serious? FFS would their Unionists MLA's not tell them to pipe down!
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Onion Bag

Would they listen? Anyways the MLA's are probably going

imtommygunn

Who's coordinating this whole thing?? It seems to have a significant level of orchestration to it.

It has to be illegal too. You can't just start going out blocking roads.

trileacman

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 07, 2012, 10:41:25 PM
Who's coordinating this whole thing?? It seems to have a significant level of orchestration to it.

Dead right. I thought it was just a load of lads pulled out of the knee-breakers. This is getting serious now, the sad thing is that beating them off the streets with batons would only antagonize further numbers out onto the streets.

Pity, I'd have enjoyed that.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

charlieTully

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 07, 2012, 10:41:25 PM

drove past an orange hall in banbridge earlier this evening and a load of people congregating there before making their way to the town centre. i reckon they are playing a major role in it. and you can be sure the uvf in belfast are heavily involved.

imtommygunn

There were a few peoplelast summer peddling an erosion of culture bullshit argument with parades etc. It seems to be gathering momentum.

If it's like this in off season then i don't hold out high hopes for july time.

There are a lot of politicians with a lot to answer for over this.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: hardstation on December 07, 2012, 11:04:43 PM
This Custer's last stand bullshit happens every couple of years. They are the people.
They were the people. Think that's what's annoying them most.

Last Man

All this manipulation of the ignorant masses by Robinson, just to get his Westminister seat back in E.Belfast.. ...played for fools again. I know some of the rabble rousers directly and they could hardly string a sentence together nevermind enter into an informed debate.
I'm inclined to vote Alliance next elections considering how they have been fcuked over here and hopefully everyone with a brain in E.Belfast does the same by backing Naomi Long and keeping the facists skulking around in the shadows. >:(

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 07, 2012, 10:12:09 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 07, 2012, 10:00:56 PM
Kent tomorrow. Should be good.

There would be a lot interest in Kent. Why the f**k didn't they just take the flag down and say nothing. No one would have even noticied, I have been round the city hall dozens of times and never even noticied it.
This country is a joke, can't even agree on whether a flag being flown on the city hall, this time last year there was a row over the happy Xmas sign going up in Irish. Sinn Fein, DUP, UUP, SDLP etc are all the f**king same they couldn't agree on the colour of shite. I won't set foot in another electoral office again, shower or w**kers!
That's a bit simplistic to be honest. If SF had their way the flag would be gone completely, or flying alongside the tricolour - obviously never going to happen. A motion for compromise was put forward by Alliance and passed. Unionists didn't like it - they just seemingly don't like democracy.

They've made an absolute show of themselves, telling us what we already knew - the majority of them are ignorant backward-thinking dinosaurs that are stuck in a f**king time warp.