Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

From Hoganstand.

27 May 2011

Leinster J.F.C. Semi Final - Cill Chainnigh v An Cabhan

In view of last night's results it is now not necessary to change the date of this fixture. It remains on its original date of Wednesday 8th June 2011.

The game will be played in Nowlan Park, Kilkenny at 7.30p.m.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

PhilsJemmysField

It must b a good sign that the camp r united going into Donegal game absolutely no mention of anything anywhere

boojangles

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on June 02, 2011, 05:15:19 PM
It must b a good sign that the camp r united going into Donegal game absolutely no mention of anything anywhere

I really admire your optimism.
It is very low key alright. The same with our Minors. Nothing in the Celt last week about them. Usually a 2 page spread done and all that bla bla bla. TBH I didnt know our Minors were out until last Friday evening. Obviously my own fault but just goes to show how quiet things are on the GAA scene in Cavan since the AI final.

Westside

It was good that there was no big build up of the Minors but the match reporter in the first few lines of the report wrote that the minors shone as no other Cavan Minor team has done over the past 40 years if ever.... It was a fine victory and fair play to them but I really do think this type of hype just goes to young lads heads.

Westside

Some great scored there Myles.. Full forward line looks very sharp and some kick by the sub at the end. I saw Bouchier against Cavan Gaels in the Minor Final this year, great movement and skill. The management leaves something to be desired. I know lots of guys that played under Donohoe and the reports would suggest he shouldn't be anywhere near a county setup.. If he can get them past Tyrone I'll happily eat my words.

anglocelt39

Hmmm, very hard to comment based on 8 minutes of highlights but..............some great scores and there's a Lacken lad in there in the full forward line that looked the business at winning ball and doing something with it. The little bit we saw of Antrim attacking wouldn't fill you with huge hope. Minor level being so unpredictable don't be surprised if the defenders play a blinder next day and we kick 100 wides. Wasn't it two years ago that all 4 provincial champions were beaten in the AI quarter finals?

Would some of our posters from up Glan gap way (i.e. Westside) filll us in on an O'Donnell lad that played a lot of good ball last year and, I believe, is still underage. I've heard he's back from injury and in contention for a place in the next round.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Westside

Nevin O'Donnell is a fine player. 6''2, well built can win ball and kick a score. Came on against Armagh in the minors last year and gave Cavan a chance with his free taking. Did his cruciate after that and from what I hear isn't the most committed to his recovery, which had went over the usual time. He was involved with the Minors all through the league and I believe was dropped before the Championship, perhaps that gave him a kick in the arse. I did hear he had been asked back though and those familiar with the team would suggest that if fit he would be a definite starter. Not that it means much particularly at Minor level but I believe he was picked on some list of Minor Players to watch out for in 2011.
It would be harsh on any lad to get dropped after the Antrim game given the forwards performance. But Nevin would be an excellent substitute particularly if the two lighter inside forwards were being muscled out.

mylestheslasher

There is a young lad called conor smith playing div 1 football at corner back for killeshandra. He's only 16, 2 yrs left at minor. The lads at home tell me he is something else at corner back but didn't get a call up to minors initially, however I believe he got called in this week.
Some big skillful players on that team but we don't know what the standard of football in antrim is.

Westside

By way of comparison with the Minors, take a look at the scoring ability of the Kerry and Tipp minors, an exhibition of long range scoring. Our Minors, much like the U21's need to work the ball in a lot more to take scores. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWCn68GqKvk

Dougal

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 04, 2011, 09:29:34 AM
There is a young lad called conor smith playing div 1 football at corner back for killeshandra. He's only 16, 2 yrs left at minor. The lads at home tell me he is something else at corner back but didn't get a call up to minors initially, however I believe he got called in this week.
Some big skillful players on that team but we don't know what the standard of football in antrim is.

smith is something else,has barely put a foot wrong so far this year for the seniors.consistently our best player.i hear hes called back in,hasnt been the most committed in the last few years but hasnt missed a training session this year for minors or seniors.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Denn Forever

The young fella sounds good.

Quotehasnt been the most committed in the last few years

jeez, the 12 to 16 years are the years to show commitment.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

boojangles

Miller
O Dowd
Carroll
McEnroe
Niall Murray
McCutcheon
Damien Reilly
Cullivan
Givney
Fergal Flanagan
Lyng
Gearoid Mc
Jelly
Keating
McDermott

The Half forward line may be a bit different but thats the 15 named to start.

boojangles

Best of luck to Cavan Juniors 2mrw evening. Good to see we still have a Board member on the team flying the flag. Hopefully they can make another Leinster Final and who knows after that.

BigMac

Aren't you the member flying the flag Boo?
With regards the senior team, I'm sure Niall Murray will be in the forwards, and Flanagan in the backs, and possibly Cullivan and Gearoid switching. All in all, its a very young team, with only Miller, Lyng and Jelly what you would called "seasoned campaigners". Surprised not to see Dermot Sheridan in the full back line. Hopefully the lads that are picked are there on merit and will do the job on Sunday.