Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 07, 2010, 06:25:16 PM
Gaels beat Kingscourt in the league final replay. 0-12 to 1-5 I think was the score.

Bit of fisticuffs after I heard??

Ballyhaise walked the U-21 Div 2 final. 3-18 to 0-4 against Cootehill.

Ramor walked the U-21 Div 1 final 1- 16 to 0-4 I think. Some fine footballers on the Ramor team. Very impressed with Ado Cole. The lad has an abundance of talent and makes everything look so easy.He reminds me of Gerald Pierson. If he could get some fire in his belly there aren't too many better forwards in Cavan. I hope Val and Terry have this lad in their plans.

Breffni_Yank

I took the opportunity to head down to the u21's myself. Complete mismatches in both games and I think that was both Ramors and Ballyhaise second year on the trot to win at that level so they are doing something right to keep the young lads interested. Fair play.

Cole just baffles me. He seems to have great natural talent on the field but when playin with Cavan its like he couldn't be bothered working that bit harder to get the ball. Personally, I think he just fancies a kick about on a Sunday so don't see him ever making it with Cavan.

Speaking of Pearson, I hear he is back training with Cavan as are a few Gaels lads!

whats my name

yea there are loads of old heads back in training gaynor,fannin,James Reilly,pierson,podge great to see. At least the management are leaving no stone unturned this year

cavanmaniac

Gaynor? Really? I'm very surprised to hear that, my opinion being based on non-football matters. Has the lad turned a corner? Great for Cavan if so.

Fair play to Terry and Val they've coaxed back a few decent players by the sounds of it anyway.

rodney trotter

yeah i heard gaynor was back aswell..he has had lots of headlines the last few years on/off the field but he is a quality footballer if he plays footballl and stops being a headcase gettin sent off.. that was ramors third u21 title in a row. i would like to see james mccenroe get  arun with the county panel,he is strong as  an oxe,be an option for midfield centre back

Dougal

morris is over crosserlough next year,gaffney looks set to come back to them aswell,they will be very hard stopped next year.

heard ado cole had fingers heavily strapped and was limping on saturday,but was unstoppable yesterday.ive yet to see him have an unbelievable game,but by the sounds of things hes well capable of it.heard butsy and mcdermott were very poor yesterday.

any word on minor or u21 managers?great to see the amount of players val and terry are getting in.

has ballyhaiseman given up on the football altogether?dont think hes been on since they went out of the champ.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Dougal

oh,ive also heard that forde had planned for yesterdays game to be his last for the gaels,and was planning to return to shannon gaels for a year or two to finnish out his career,but shannon gales wont take him back.also heard nic walsh is moving to a club in dublin now that he got that job in croke park.

Terry Coyle

Quote from: Dougal on November 08, 2010, 02:01:46 PM
oh,ive also heard that forde had planned for yesterdays game to be his last for the gaels,and was planning to return to shannon gaels for a year or two to finnish out his career,but shannon gales wont take him back.also heard nic walsh is moving to a club in dublin now that he got that job in croke park.

Dont believe everything you hear Dougal.

Dougal

on both accounts?the lad that told me normally isnt far off the mark,but i dont believe things til ive heard the same from a few different sources. ;)

Terry Coyle

Well I have heard nothing like that about either - whether Fordie stays on is another thing but going back to Shannon Gaels is way off the mark I reckon. He just had another kid and I would say his priorities will be at home as opposed to travelling for an hour to get to Blacklion for training. And Walsh will not be transferring. Have to laugh the way people always add 2 and 2 and get 5.

PhilsJemmysField

Good to see how a bit of a row gets the posters going

Also big win for Arva at the weekend as well

Any news on Minor Manager

tommysmith

Is dere gaels lads doing any of this training for county?

drici

put-it-up-again

put-it-up-again

Quote from: hardstation on November 12, 2010, 11:06:12 PM
We can't have lunatics like that coming on to the pitch during skirmishes. She'd do well to leave the field with her beret on her head.

I honestly dunno how she got there. What the hell is a random woman doing in between 20 odd lads rowing. A good shoulder woulda put her back in her box.

Actually more importantly, what's she doing out of the kitchen?  ;D