Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LackenLegend

I hear Martin Cahill was brought in for three trainings (1 week) and was told he was cut from the panel. I'd say there is more to that than meets the eye. Spite maybe. Also, i heard the departure of Nicholas Walsh has more to it. I won't say what happened but it looks bad on the manager. Why are they putting Martin Reilly back into the forwards after playing him corner back for the last couple games? Why is Anthomy Forde playing? Who am i? Are those my feet?
Timmmmy!

mylestheslasher

There have certainly been some strange goings on. I heard the same about Cahill alright. Then there were two guys from our parish on the initial team. Austin Fitz who played some part in 3 McKenna cup games and then got cut and Mark Johnston who didn't play in any games and he stays on the panel. If it was anyone but Keoghan I would give him the benefit of the doubt but I don't think I trust Keoghans judgement. Mulvey and Cunningham at midfield worries me greatly. Mulvey big but slow and Cunningham very inexperienced. We could be taken to the cleaners in there. I am less optomistic that we can get something from this game.

cavan4ever

Quote from: LackenLegend on January 31, 2008, 09:37:53 AM
I hear Martin Cahill was brought in for three trainings (1 week) and was told he was cut from the panel. I'd say there is more to that than meets the eye. Spite maybe. Also, i heard the departure of Nicholas Walsh has more to it. I won't say what happened but it looks bad on the manager. Why are they putting Martin Reilly back into the forwards after playing him corner back for the last couple games? Why is Anthomy Forde playing? Who am i? Are those my feet?

It looks like Cahill may have been just brought in so he could be dropped he was giving no playing time and should have been let work on his fitness.  I haven't heard much about the Walsh thing but if there is more to im sure it will come out eventully.  Martin Reilly, id rather see him  in the forwards anyway but the only reason he might have been playing corner back was to see if he could play there if required.  As for Forde i don't think he is worth a place.  The last while all he does is turn ref's against Cavan with mouthing and constant fouling.   Midfied is a worry i don't know much about John Cunningham.

Hollow Man

Quotedont think Donal Keoghan or his selectors read the Hoganstand though,so i dont know exactly what difference it makes? Hoganstand is full of Children.
Or do you have something personally against Sean?

Sure I have never met you...

cavan4ever

Quote from: Hollow Man on January 31, 2008, 12:15:02 PM
Quotedont think Donal Keoghan or his selectors read the Hoganstand though,so i dont know exactly what difference it makes? Hoganstand is full of Children.

Careful now !!!!

cavan4ever

For anyone not going to the game sunday this is bound to be better than Northern Sound.

Sunday Sportsound returns to BBC Radio Ulster medium wave this week for the start of the National Football League. The programme will have a fixed time-slot of 2.02 to 5pm every Sunday afternoon for the entire season on 1341 MW There will also be a results round-up in the evening at 6.07 on MW and FM.

The programme will aim to have a strong sportsnews content - with GAA at the heart of it.

We'll be featuring five live matches during our first programme.
The main commentary game will be Armagh v Cavan at Crossmaglen. There will also be a commentary team in Clones for Monaghan's meeting with Roscommon.

BallyhaiseMan

J Reilly; M Brides, D Sheridan, K Fannin; B Watters, P Reilly, J McCutcheon; L Mulvey, J Cunningham; M Reilly, R Donohoe, A Forde; J O'Reilly, E O'Reilly, S Johnston.

They should have put Barry Watters up to wing forward and kept Martin Reily in the Backs, Watters is a great footballer,but i dont think he has the defensive qualities at this time to play in the backs at IC Level.

Mulvey,Cunningham midfield is big,but wouldnt be the most mobile as has been said before.

You would think Keoghan would know by now Rory Donohoe isnt an IC Centre Forward.

Should be tried as a wing back or nowehere.

dont think Forde should be on the Cavan team anymore, agree with C4ever, he offers nothing but jawing at the referee

Quote from: Hollow Man on January 31, 2008, 12:15:02 PM

;D  ;D  ;D Nice response HM

ive now been accused of being Fergal Slowey and Sean McCormack on this board  :D

Hollow Man

I wouldnt be that quick to write off Forde, he's in good nick and brings a lot of experience. He'd definitely be ahead of Watters (far too light as of now) for me.

As for the midfield - the worst to line out for Cavan since McCrudden/Doonan a few years ago? I'd say McCrudden/Doonan were better actually...

I think Sean McCormack should be played as the entire full back line which would allow us two extra forwards. The lad is that good...

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Hollow Man on January 31, 2008, 02:19:40 PM
I wouldnt be that quick to write off Forde, he's in good nick and brings a lot of experience. He'd definitely be ahead of Watters (far too light as of now) for me.

As for the midfield - the worst to line out for Cavan since McCrudden/Doonan a few years ago? I'd say McCrudden/Doonan were better actually...

I think Sean McCormack should be played as the entire full back line which would allow us two extra forwards. The lad is that good...

Sorry i have to disagree HM,Forde offers nothing to the Cavan team, he doesnt have the very good speed he had a few years, hes never had great feet, and he continuously barks at referees aswell as tackling with a closed fist most of the time.

as for the Midfield,
well we are quite limited in that particular area to be fair,Might as well Give those two a chance, although a bit like Mulvey last year against Down, i dont think either will have the legs for the hard ground come championship time.
id say we should play Sean on his own against Antrim,well maybe with Miller in goals, and rest all the other  players for the Armagh game, Hes quite obviously that good that he can beat a whole county team on his own....

cavan4ever

Mr. Pain

Jibber jabber and blabber! Hollow Man flyin' in with these accusations about this Sean guy. Maybe im Sean. Maybe Ballyhaise dude is actually a little old lady wearing very old panties, with a hole in them because she can't control her bladder or bowel movements. Lets talk about the game guys. We have a very average team and a below average manager to play Armagh on Sunday. I say it's up to us to win the game. Go support the guys, i don't care if it's a flamin' piece of shit wearing a blue jersey, you support it. Mr. Pain will be there with Mrs. Pain and the Paininis. He'll be the one wearing the Cavan jersey beneath the trenchcoat. Rant over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

mylestheslasher

There is traditionally a lot of guys wearing trench coats in the cross area  ;) You might be hard to spot. You are right though, we must support the team anyway. I think there will be a good crowd travelling over. It is the 1st league campaign in 3-4 years where we get to play some of the heavyweights of football so hopefully we do the county justice.

cavanmaniac

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 31, 2008, 04:40:07 PM
It is the 1st league campaign in 3-4 years where we get to play some of the heavyweights of football so hopefully we do the county justice.

The mystery behind Lorcan Mulvey's selection, revealed at last...

Very dodgy-looking midfield. If it was a pie-eating contest I'd fancy Mulvey but then again he might be too slow to get to the table ahead of younger more fleet of foot opponents. Ach sure he has to be given a go I suppose, he can only improve and if he'd only do some real training he'd be a worthwhile addition, possibly an option at no.14 maybe.

I haven't seen Cunningham (was he U21 last year, no?) or any of the other new lads yet so I'll hold fire until after Sunday before passing judgement...

I am mystified by Rory Donohoe's persistent selection though, he has never looked the first cousin of a decent county footballer, and nobody here had a good word about his McKenna campaign. Ho-hum, we'll wait and see.

Homer

Keogan welcomes Johnston back into the fold
01 February 2008

Cavan football boss Donal Keogan says it's time to let bygones be bygones and move on after ace attacker Sean Johnston apologised to the team-management and his team-mates.

Johnston - and team mates Paul Brady and Martin Cahill - quit the panel last year after the Ulster SFC and didn't hang around for the qualifiers, preferring to travel to the US for a holiday. At that juncture, team-manager said all three wouldn't play for Cavan again while he was manager.

However things have been patched up . . .at least with Johnston.

"On the spur of the moment you say things," Keogan admitted. "Seanie Johnston is a talent. I am big enough to realise he is a scoring forward which are scarce in Cavan.

"He was wrong at the time. He accepts he was wrong. He came back in and apologised to everybody concerned and let's move on for the good of Cavan football."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote"Donal Keogan says it's time to let bygones be bygones and move on.....

......... provided you have a sufficient amount of talent of course!

Mr. Pain

There is traditionally a lot of guys wearing trench coats in the cross area  ;)
Mr. Pain's trenchcoat is not like any other. It is very distinct. It has more pockets than your traditional trenchcoat plus a lovely furry lining in the pockets which feel good on my skin....... >:( This ain't no fashion parade. I'd whoop those wannabee Mr. Pains with my eylids so you better hope you're not around when Mr. Pain decides to blink. Mr. Pain will self-destruct in 30 seconds if he doesn't take his tranquiliser. Rant over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.