Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Like Givney, it could be a blessing in disguise if he has. That said, he's put in a few great performances for us and error prone and inconstent as he is, on his day he could mix it with the best of them, so I do hope it's just a rumour.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on January 07, 2015, 07:24:16 PM
Like Givney, it could be a blessing in disguise if he has. That said, he's put in a few great performances for us and error prone and inconstent as he is, on his day he could mix it with the best of them, so I do hope it's just a rumour.

Ah Westside, I know he is frustrating, but we need Keating big time. Otherwise we are a team of small nippy forwards and fairly one dimensional. Keating needs someone to really work with him so he knows how to be a proper inside forward. It would be very bad news if he was not on the panel.

whats my name

He's definitely left the panel keating was talking to one of the players yesterday and he was telling me he'd left.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: whats my name on January 07, 2015, 08:21:45 PM
He's definitely left the panel keating was talking to one of the players yesterday and he was telling me he'd left.

Why is he quitting??

whats my name

From what I heard he's carrying an injury and hasn't trained at all yet with the panel and with working and living in Dublin hasn't time to commit to county football.

Westside

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 07, 2015, 07:37:08 PM
Quote from: Westside on January 07, 2015, 07:24:16 PM

Ah Westside, I know he is frustrating, but we need Keating big time. Otherwise we are a team of small nippy forwards and fairly one dimensional. Keating needs someone to really work with him so he knows how to be a proper inside forward. It would be very bad news if he was not on the panel.

I know where you're coming from myles and I agree we don't have another in his mould physically.. You'd much rather have him as an option than not. But I do think we can get on just fine in his absence. You remember when the game was in the melting pot against Monaghan two years ago and he was taking hail Mary shots from 50 metres.. The Kerry game.. The League Final last year. I just can't see us managing to nick an Ulster title if he's our main man inside. Not an intelligent enough player, not the powerhouse that he threatened to be. Sadly there doesn't seem to be another imposing full forward on the panel, and so you'd be stupid not to regret his absence, he also put in a brilliant effort any time I saw him play even when things weren't going well, I admired that in him. But I think the chance to mix up the forward line and try something new (albeit out of necessity) is a welcome one.

Best of luck to him anyway, he's been knocking around the panel for a good few years at this stage. I'd say he came in there around 2008/9? Lot of commitment. Perhaps he'll make an appearance later in the year if he can get over his injuries. Maybe the break will do him good.

comeysfield

Not aware that Keating has a club so very hard to play county football if you are not playing any club football

whats my name

He signed up with crokes in Dublin this year from what I've heard keating

Smurfy123

Lads Keating would come in handy later in the season if yas are to make any challenge in division 2.From what I seen last Sunday yous are very light and small in the forward line.I expect a far better performance from Down when we meet in the league with a lot of players to come back for us.Although yous will be in the same boat?Were yous missing many on Sunday that might start in the first league game?Fully deserved your win by the way.

Westside

I guess the lads missing that you would expect to be starting were Mackey, Dunne, Argue, Moynagh, Feargal Flanagan, Niall McDermott, James McEnroe.. So the guts of half of the team.

Sure Down don't believe in defensive football so come the League meeting our small light forwards will have lots of space to run into....

Itchy

Where is Niall McDermott, injured?

Gaabellting

Any word if team has been picked to play against uuj tonight. They should be tough opposition with their array of county stars and will be looking to bounce back from last week's loss to monaghan

Itchy

I bet we are tight to get a team out. The u21s are playing today too so none of them lads would be able to play plus the other lads with the college teams.

Itchy

U-21 Cavan Team v Kerry in Hastings cup
M Fegan, D Wharton, A Watson, B Fortune, E Somerville, C Daly, C Brady, L Buchanan, G McGovern, K Brady, J McCabe, B Conaty, N Walsh, T Hayes, C Sheridan

Westside

Would have thought last week's team was stronger.