Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

The Gaels will never have much bother finding a manager with such an amount of potential at their disposal.

When do Ballinagh take on Roslea?

Westside

Also, Quigleys cleared to play which will make the task a lot harder.

Itchy

Quote from: tommysmith on October 23, 2013, 05:00:01 PM
He may have stayed if he wasn't assaulted by one of his players.

What's this? I feel sorry for the young lads in that club. Thank god the nagh won that final.

rodney trotter

[
Quote from: Westside on October 23, 2013, 10:45:36 PM
Also, Quigleys cleared to play which will make the task a lot harder.
[/quote

One of the Quigleys was suppose to be making an appeal, They play Sunday week.

Whatever happened in the Gaels is their own business ,lads don't reveal their own clubs and like to talk about other clubs.

tommysmith

Quotelads don't reveal their own clubs and like to talk about other clubs.

So true Rodney

rodney trotter

Westside

Belturbet have conceded tonight's relegation play off. Sad to think that a town the size of Belturbet couldn't muster 15 players. Their team has been decimated by immigration.

rodney trotter

They were hammered 2 weeks ago against Crosserough in the League play off. Had a disastrous year, don't have an awful lot coming through. Bud Fitzpatrick was a huge loss and Garreth Fitzpatrick, among others.

Westside

Mark Teevan, Conor Vaughan both gone to England. Johnny Klusch injured. Enda Henry gone to Australia. Huge losses and sadly I can only see the fall continuing.

rodney trotter

Teevan was just in England for the summer, he was playing against Crosserlough. Jason has featured very little too,  due to managing lacken.

mylestheslasher

U21 panel for next year will probably be put together soon if it hasnt been already. I was looking back at the match program from our minor ulster in 2011 and these are the lads that were on the panel (and so will be U21 this season coming). Anyone any ideas on who else might be in with a shout?

Billy O Mara - Bailieboro
Killian Clarke - Shercock
Francis Moore – Ballyhaise
Brian Sankey - Shercock
Ciaran Brady – Arva
Conor Moynagh – Drumgoon
Gerard Smith – Lavey
Liam Buchanan – Ballymchugh
Paul Graham – Cavan Gaels
Andrew Dewart –Gowna
Conor Fineegan – Lacken
Michael Argue – Bailieboro
Andrew Graham – Cavan Gaels
Joe Dillon – Kingscourt
Kevin Bouchier – Arva
James Farrelly – Kingscourt
Conor Smith – Killeshandra
Dara McVeety – Crosserlough
Jonathon McCabe – Arva
Nevin O Donnell – Shannon Gaels
Vincent Coyle – Gaels
Gary Tubmann – Drumlane
Darren Monaghan – Lavey
James Bradley - Ramor

rodney trotter

James Galligan - Lacken will be likely to be involved  with the panel, played in the Hastings Cup this year. Conor Madden obviously will be there , Tom Hayes from Cootehill would be on the panel too I'd imagine, Minor Captain from this year. 
Greg McGovern from Swanlinbar will probably be around the panel too. Niall Walsh - Shannon Gaels should be be around the fringe of the panel too. Niall Clerkin - Shercock would be another. Plenty of others too.

mylestheslasher

Looks like a strong enough panel but as said before the draw is a tough one. 4 in a row ulster would be simply outstanding, I think only Tyrone did that before.

rodney trotter

Tough draw no doubt, wouldn't be looking past Derry, they have some class players at this level for next year  like
Emmet Bradley, Ryan Bell, Conor McAtamney.

Westside

I heard last night that Galligan, Ben Kiernan Greg McGovern, Benjamin Kelly are all in the preliminary squad. Hopefully Clarke, Argue, McVitty, Gerard Smith can continue last year's form. All capable of making a huge impact at this level. Extremely tough draw though.