Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Westside on October 02, 2013, 09:32:54 PM
For years you've been getting off with fairly dodge looking birds, in fact you've went home with a few real moonpigs. You did pull a bird once that looked like a real stunner when she was dolled up but she treated you like shit and eventually you grew a pair of balls and told her where to go, more in hope that she'd cop herself on and treat you better because she did claim to love you. She moved away and started scoring some gym monkey instead and pretended you didn't exist. In fact one night she was back in town and made a point of going into the bar you frequent and wearing the face of this guy in front of you.

So you get your shit together, you get some new clothes, get a hairdo, work on your chat up lines and suddenly find yourself with a really good looking bird, she's dead sound and there's none of the usual bullshit with her, she's not expecting you to do the chasing, the type of girl you've been looking for. You really think this could be going somewhere, you're hitting it off and you've been out on a few really good dates lately. The ex-stunner walks into the bar one night, still looks pretty well but you're now noticing just how much make she wears. Things didn't work out between her and the gym monkey, he realised when he had her that he didn't really want her, you know that's the only reason she's back in town. You know for a fact that your new girl severely dislikes her and if she see you going over to her it's going to piss her off, might even ruin your chances.

What would you do?

Ride both of them.
As for Jelly however, there would have to be a squad vote before he was recalled, You just had to see the reaction of Niall McDermott and Fergal Flangan, two key members of this team at present, to him when he scored that point for Kildare to know that there will be certain players on that panel that will want nothing to do with him and certainly won't want him on the panel. The question is how prevalent  that particular view is throughout the panel.

rodney trotter

I think the likes of Fergal Flanagan and McDermott would have moved on a bit since the
Kildare - Cavan game. That was over a year ago.

The likes of Ronan Flanagan, Mackey, McKeever are good mates with Johnston, obviously Martin Dunne too.

Anyone at the Gaels- Castlerahan game could see he is still good enough.

Mackey worked hard that year he was off the pane and got back on it, but he wasn't approached by McGeeney., Johnston was.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 02, 2013, 10:47:17 PM

He may be good enough but what i seen he is still a trouble maker who has a chip on his shoulder.

If that's the type of person you would want on a county panel fair enough but i would prefer if he was no where near it.

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on October 02, 2013, 10:51:07 PM

He may be good enough but what i seen he is still a trouble maker who has a chip on his shoulder.
If that's the type of person you would want on a county panel fair enough but i would prefer if he was no where near it.

Hyland wouldn't let a trouble maker on the team, he would change his mentality to be part of the current panel. If he not called back, so be it, thereis good young players coming through,

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on October 02, 2013, 10:51:07 PM

Any return would involve him showing some regret, perhaps even an apology to the Cavan players and fans for what he put Cavan football through. However what I see and hear is like Tommy said, an unreformed character still arguing with his own club (Sectretary at Rahan match, apparently expecting an apology from the Gaels and transferring back to them without even informing the club secretary) and showing no humility.

Westside

Really didn't want Armagh.. But it could have been worse. Means nothing right now anyways.

anglocelt39

Quote from: Westside on October 02, 2013, 09:32:54 PM
For years you've been getting off with fairly dodge looking birds, in fact you've went home with a few real moonpigs. You did pull a bird once that looked like a real stunner when she was dolled up but she treated you like shit and eventually you grew a pair of balls and told her where to go, more in hope that she'd cop herself on and treat you better because she did claim to love you. She moved away and started scoring some gym monkey instead and pretended you didn't exist. In fact one night she was back in town and made a point of going into the bar you frequent and wearing the face of this guy in front of you.

So you get your shit together, you get some new clothes, get a hairdo, work on your chat up lines and suddenly find yourself with a really good looking bird, she's dead sound and there's none of the usual bullshit with her, she's not expecting you to do the chasing, the type of girl you've been looking for. You really think this could be going somewhere, you're hitting it off and you've been out on a few really good dates lately. The ex-stunner walks into the bar one night, still looks pretty well but you're now noticing just how much make she wears. Things didn't work out between her and the gym monkey, he realised when he had her that he didn't really want her, you know that's the only reason she's back in town. You know for a fact that your new girl severely dislikes her and if she see you going over to her it's going to piss her off, might even ruin your chances.

What would you do?

Jesus Westside did you mean to post this on the Holidays In California Thread?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

rodney trotter

It was unusual reading that in the middle of discussing Johnston.

BallyhaiseMan

rodney trotter

Suppose a bonus to have to 2 women on the go..

The County team are playing the Club All Stars selection in November. No date or venue released yet.

anglocelt39

Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

comeysfield

i think you just stay with the nice girl because there is a good chance that the GYM Monkey tore the hole of the other one

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 04, 2013, 09:57:58 AM
Suppose a bonus to have to 2 women on the go..

The County team are playing the Club All Stars selection in November. No date or venue released yet.

It's in munterconnaught on the 16 or17
th November.

rodney trotter

Ah yeah , they are hosting the Club All Stars, cheers

Itchy

Belated well done to Cavan ladies. UP ARVA!