Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Way stronger last week.

Down 1-8 to 0-5 at half time.

Westside

Looks like a hammering on the cards..

Smurfy123

Lads anyone at the game last night?Just looking information on how Downs Caolan Mooney played?

beer baron

Good to see Enda Reilly involved yesterday and he was the pick of our players for me. Ronan Flanagan did his job well too and Martin reilly was lively. Poor game though but early in the season in bad conditions its not much of a surprise. Conor Madden put up a good score for Maynooth last week,is he still under 21?

Itchy

Conor is still u21 alright. Played for county 2 weeks ago against Meath.

rodney trotter

Madden is in DIT not Maynooth, they are playing Kildare next week in the O Byrne Cup Semi's. Fergal Flanagan and Pauric Faulker are with Maynooth

beer baron

I mustve read it wrong. The main point is its good to see young Cavan man appearing to do well no matter which college its for.

rodney trotter

It is yeah, Moynagh centre back with DCU. They were unlucky not to beat Meath on Saturday

mylestheslasher

Anyone for the craic hazard a guess on a championship team now that Givney, Keating & Clarke are out. Its going to be a small team....

Farrelly
J Hayes
R Dunne
McLoughlin
Damien Reilly
Moynagh
McEnroe
Argue
G McKiernan
Mackey
Martin Reilly
Flanagan
Dunne
Ball Winner, yet to be determined??????

So who could that ball winner be. Dillon if he is back? Conor Madden?? Paul O Connor?? Could someone be converted from another position??

Itchy

Down bet uuj by 6 pts tonight. By my calculations we would need to beat Monaghan by 2 pts to top the group.

rodney trotter

.Enda Reilly will be thereabouts, very early to predict anything yet anyways. Dillon won't be County football this year

Killian Clarke will be in the team. Fergal Flanagan likely to be in there too.

beer baron

Wouldn't be surprised to see Argue or Killian Clarke tried as full forward at some stage depending on which isn't centrefield with Gearoid.

rodney trotter

Both good options alright, Clarke plays most of his club football in the forwards.

Givney,  Keating and Clarke are losses, but it's a fairly strong panel when all the college players and u21 players are available. Conor Madden and Faulkner have been in good form with the colleges hopefully they maintain that with the u21s, they won't be far away from the Senior Championship team either.

Westside

My Championship team would be

Gilsenan

McLoughlin
Dunne
Josh Hayes

Damien O'Reilly
Conor Moynagh
Ciaran Brady

Gearoid
Killian Clarke

Martin Reilly
Michael Argue
Cian Mackey

Ronan Flanagan
Niall McDermott
Tom Hayes

Westside

U21s are 5 points down coming towards the end of the first half. It's early yet and I know Kerry and Roscommon are two strong teams but it looks like hard edge we had at this grade is falling away.