Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

I see Keating and Mackey were both subbed early in the Railway cup today, anyone know was it an injuries or something else.

Denn Forever

Seen this on HS.

Semi Final is Friday night 28th in the Athletic grounds Armagh 7.30 v Maghera. A tough test but hopefully Pats can show no fear

I wonder how many McNichols are on the  Maghera team?

Well done  to the Cavan  Institute on  winning the Student's Cup at Queen this weekend.

Triple take: triplets deliver for Cavan Institute
25 February 2014

Dan, Jack and Andrew Wharton.
When Cavan Institute won the Corn Na Mac LĂ©inn at the weekend in Belfast, one fifth of their starting team was made up of the Wharton family from Cornafean.

Triplets Dan, Andrew and Jack all played key roles in their 1-8 to 0-5 win over North West Regional College.

A number 2, 4 and 15 - backs against forwards in training must be some craic!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Westside

So we're without Keating going into the Wexford game. A massive loss to the team. With Gearoid and Corr not yet fully fit, Argue and Clarke (presumably) gone to the U21s and Mooney injured it's hard to see how we're going to balance putting out a strong midfield and a physical ball winner in the full forward line. It's annoying to think this happened in a Railway Cup game with a few hundred spectators and nothing to play for really.

What changes do ye think Terry and Co. will make for Sunday?

rodney trotter

Injuries happen, Wexford have plenty too, Ciaran lyng being one. Damien Reilly can slot in at midfield, done well there last year. Move McDermott in to the FF line, maybe bring McKeever in at half forward.

Westside

Is Alan Clarke back? Of course injuries happen but I'd much rather go to New Ross with Keating lining out at FF than not. Still, good chance for the rest of the panel to stake a claim. Wexford will be one of the favourites to go up and with the head to head rule a win on Sunday would mean more than the 2 points.

rodney trotter

Wexford were hammered by Roscommon in the previos game, have a big injury list and had retirements since last year. I dont see why they would be favs to go up to be honest and if we do beat them it would probaly end their promotion hopes. I think we can beat them, we done well last year against Monaghan and Meath in the league without Keating.

Not sure on Clarke

Itchy

Going to be tough for us without Keating on Sunday. I can see Mackey and Dunne in 2 man forward line with Lyng back in half forward with McDermott and maybe Fergal Flanagan. Givney will be midfield, need him there as Gearoid can't be fit yet. Damien Reilly likely beside him. Expect Clarke will be back. I think we can sneak it still but it will be very tough.

Good luck to St pats this evening, would be a super achievement for cavan football if they could go further.

Itchy

mylestheslasher

Is it definite Keating is out? Hyland said he was only a slight doubt when interviewed in the Celt earlier in the week. Even without him its a great chance for someone else to stand up and be counted. Tierney for example could get a chance and raise his game and take it. He really needs to improve his point taking though.

gortnaleck

I'm having trouble getting the club results
from both Cavan GAA and the Arvagh website.
They won't open up.Anyone else have this problem

Old yeller

Anybody at the match yesterday?  Who was best for Cavan? I was away the whole weekend and missed everything

Denn Forever

Joe Brolly doesn't like Cavan's brand of football.  Shock Horror.

"The one real anomaly in the League is The Black Death (ie Cavan)"
06 March 2014

Joe Brolly gets his point acrossCavan may have three wins from as many outings under their belt in the Allianz FL Division 3 today but Joe Brolly is not impressed - and that's putting it mildly!

In his weekly column in Gaelic Life, the outspoken pundit lavishes praise on Tyrone's new attacking brand of football and the high standards set by Donegal and Derry but it is not without criticism and Terry Hyland and the Breffni County bear the brunt of it.

"The one real anomaly in the League is The Black Death (ie Cavan). They have continued to play the most horrible, defensive football the game has ever seen, oblivious to the trend towards attack based, non-fouling football," he writes.

"Their statistics are thoroughly depressing. In three games, they have conceded an average of just 0-8 per game, which is unsurprising given the fact that they have turned the goal-line into a human wall. They are the only team in the entire league not to have conceded a goal.

"A warning: Please resist the temptation to go watch them play, as this will only encourage them. It may also lead to others catching the black death, which is fatal to all known forms of Gaelic football."

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Itchy

He's a whore. He would write any shite to sell papers. After the Sean Cavanagh incident last year I lost all respect for him. Didn't ultra defensive Cavan put 25 points past his beloved Derryclast year.

Babe Ruth 47

A week before we play Derry in the U21s and he comes out with this. Not surprised.

CC1

Didn't he say something similar prior to the last time we beat Derry.   8)
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."