Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 03, 2020, 08:06:28 PM
I think that Postmen should work from home in solidarity as well. There can be a click and collect system set up where instead of the Postman being subjected to a doing his rounds and the dangers it involves. The customer gets a email to collect it's letters and parcels. In fairness s/he encounters a high volume of various people each day.

And reduce attacks from dogs! Or at least I'll get my mail without it being shredded!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

They could call it a Post(mans) Office or something. Ingenious

bennydorano

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 03, 2020, 08:04:11 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 03, 2020, 07:58:44 PM
See the local Primary school getting a delivery of Portacabins. I can recall getting a bit of ridicule for suggesting Portacabins as a potential route out of the social distancing conundrum. ???

School budgets are tight enough, so portacabbins will cost a few bob I'd say, will there be extra teachers with these portacabnins?
I dont know, but I would suspect not. It's more about manouvering existing numbers about the place. You teaching hoors dont like thinking outside the box.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on July 03, 2020, 08:17:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 03, 2020, 08:04:11 PM
See the local Primary school getting a delivery of Portacabins. I can recall getting a bit of ridicule for suggesting Portacabins as a potential route out of the social distancing conundrum. ???

School budgets are tight enough, so portacabbins will cost a few bob I'd say, will there be extra teachers with these portacabnins?
I dont know, but I would suspect not. It's more about manouvering existing numbers about the place. You teaching hoors dont like thinking outside the box.

I'm not teaching anymore thank f**k but you're trying to fix numbers that can't be done without actually bringing in more teachers. Happy days if the government give schools a bigger budget
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tbrick18

Perhaps that school was getting portacabins anyway? The timing of the delivery would suggest it had been planned for summer holidays so not necessarily a social distancing management measure. But it could be....

I've a wee bit of experience on getting portacabins into an existing school setting, permission from the EA is required, planning permission is required and the cabin must be sourced. The EA will generally do the sourcing, but there's usually a substantial lead in time for these as they either have to be built or procured from another school where it is no longer required. A classroom type portacabin would be in excess of 100K too.
You could look up planning applications for the school and it may say why the cabins are required.

They could well help with socially distancing, but there is a lot of cost per cabin and then you need to staff the extra classroom.
I haven't seen any of the schools around my way getting them in nor have I heard any discussion from any of the school's my kids are at around getting them.

BenDover

Which school Benny - CBS?
If so numbers for the Bunscoil starting Sept are enough for 2 Rang 1 classes, could possibly be preplanning for future demand.

ONeill

Great to be on holidays all the same.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bennydorano

Quote from: BenDover on July 06, 2020, 05:02:16 PM
If so numbers for the Bunscoil starting Sept are enough for 2 Rang 1 classes, could possibly be preplanning for future demand.
St Patrick's ps down Na Clairsigh way

Jim Bob

Quote from: ONeill on July 06, 2020, 05:29:51 PM
Great to be on holidays all the same.

Yes..a well earned rest.

Milltown Row2

Just back from a night with a few teachers in town, they were out celebrating the summer hols! Coincidentally my first night out since lockdown! Lovely Guinness

delgany

Quote from: bennydorano on July 06, 2020, 10:06:24 PM
Quote from: BenDover on July 06, 2020, 05:02:16 PM
St Patrick's ps down Na Clairsigh way

Maybe due to area planning with increased admission numbers for that particular school because Minister Weir has emailed schools to say the Dept of Education hadn't two pennies to rub together to pay for any additional costs

ONeill

After the way GAA clubs reacted to a player testing positive, has there been any guideline offered yet as to what happens if a pupil or teacher tests positive?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Joeythelips

Anyone who has had to home school their kids and pulled most of their own hair out in the attempt will have increased appreciation for teachers and the work they do, how anyone controls a class of children I have no idea. Not sure which would be worse, a classroom of 6/7 year olds with the energy to fuel a star or one full of hormonal teenagers.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Joeythelips on July 21, 2020, 08:02:26 PM
Anyone who has had to home school their kids and pulled most of their own hair out in the attempt will have increased appreciation for teachers and the work they do, how anyone controls a class of children I have no idea. Not sure which would be worse, a classroom of 6/7 year olds with the energy to fuel a star or one full of hormonal teenagers.

You are having a laugh! Teachers train in college to teach. That's their job. They teach during their working hours, not like most people after having done a days work.  They get well paid, do short hour days and get lorry loads of holidays. The vast amount of Teachers in the Republic piggy-backed on the parents from March to June.

If you want to go praising people, then praise the shopkeepers who kept the Shops open so you could eat!

From the Bunker