TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

A fella was explaining the other day that the reason Casey has those red flashing lights on top of the floodlights is in case pilots would mix it up with Casement Aerodrome at Baldonnel.

milltown row

Quote from: drici on November 24, 2009, 11:18:57 PM
A fella was explaining the other day that the reason Casey has those red flashing lights on top of the floodlights is in case pilots would mix it up with Casement Aerodrome at Baldonnel.
a black taxi driver?

AFS

Quote from: hardstation on November 24, 2009, 11:11:37 PM
Quote from: milltown row on November 24, 2009, 11:07:00 PM
i remember a final when the Derry Champions were favourites (Ballinderry i think) they were playing Cross at Casement, must have bee the only time Cross were not favourites for the final. but the weather was dreadfull and Cross beat them in a very low scoring final.

Boys are looking forward to it, training tonight and good buzz about them.
Remember it well. A large crowd gathered at the back of Casement stand* to get out of the rain/wind/hail. Was something like 0-05 0-03.

*We need a name for the stand (Is there one?). I propose The Roddy McCorley Aircraft Hanger Stand.

0-05 0-03 alright, John Donaldson type of day. Had to swim across a large moat to get onto the pitch afterwards.

ONeill

Them St Gall's boys will be thirsty on Sunday night. Unless it's a draw. No drink policy was strictly imposed and adhered to during the hurling and football runs.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Silky

Seems TG4 have dropped the Ulster SFC final in favour of the Connaght football final as the deffered match.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on November 25, 2009, 12:48:44 AM
Them St Gall's boys will be thirsty on Sunday night. Unless it's a draw. No drink policy was strictly imposed and adhered to during the hurling and football runs.

I would say it was but how can you know for certain?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Bogball XV

Quote from: Silky on November 25, 2009, 02:03:49 PM
Seems TG4 have dropped the Ulster SFC final in favour of the Connaght football final as the deffered match.
their anti-ulster bias gets worse and worse, there's probably more irish speakers in the belfast than there are in galway, but it wouldn't be as handy for the crew to get to - one thing in our favour, they're unlikely to find a pitch to play the connaught final on :D

imtommygunn

The dirty so and sos, I was really looking forward to keeping the radio off and watching that deferred >:(

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 25, 2009, 08:35:17 PM
their anti-ulster bias gets worse and worse, there's probably more irish speakers in the belfast than there are in galway, but it wouldn't be as handy for the crew to get to

Galway gaeltacht compromises nearly 50% of the entire gaeltacht population.

QuoteThe Galway Gaeltacht has a population of 40,052 and represents 47% of total Gaeltacht population. The Galway Gaeltacht encompasses a geographical area of 1,225 km2 (473 sq mi). This represents 26% of total Gaeltacht land area. The largest settlement areas are Spiddal and Carraroe. Carraroe is located 48 km (30 mi) west of Galway City, Spiddal is located 19 km (12 mi) west of Galway City

Rafa

Quote from: ONeill on November 25, 2009, 12:48:44 AM
Them St Gall\'s boys will be thirsty on Sunday night. Unless it\'s a draw. No drink policy was strictly imposed and adhered to during the hurling and football runs.

You know drink bans.

milltown row

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 25, 2009, 09:12:59 PM
The dirty so and sos, I was really looking forward to keeping the radio off and watching that deferred >:(

you'll have to go to the match now :o

Bogball XV

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 25, 2009, 09:53:27 PM
their anti-ulster bias gets worse and worse, there's probably more irish speakers in the belfast than there are in galway, but it wouldn't be as handy for the crew to get to

QuoteThe Galway Gaeltacht has a population of 40,052 and represents 47% of total Gaeltacht population. The Galway Gaeltacht encompasses a geographical area of 1,225 km2 (473 sq mi). This represents 26% of total Gaeltacht land area. The largest settlement areas are Spiddal and Carraroe. Carraroe is located 48 km (30 mi) west of Galway City, Spiddal is located 19 km (12 mi) west of Galway City
aye, was aware of the stats, there were great grants available if people could pass themselves as 'irish speaking'.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 25, 2009, 11:41:10 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 25, 2009, 09:53:27 PM

aye, was aware of the stats, there were great grants available if people could pass themselves as 'irish speaking'.

There are but there are still far more Irish speakers in Galway than anywhere else in the country. I should know as I'm one myself. To say there is more in Belfast is just completely daft.

Denn Forever

Just a suggestion.

In future, could the Footrball coverage be on before the Hurling?

When its on after Hurling, you realise how pedestrian and how tame it can be.

Just a suggestion.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

drici

Leinster Senior Football Final:
Garrycastle v Portlaoise - live

Munster Senior Football Final:
Kilmurry Ibricane v Kerins O'Rahillys - deferred

March of the Penguins - 5-05pm

(Must be due a sing-song this week hardstation)

Show starts at 1-30pm.

Running out of matches now.
St Pauls have it timed well for December.