China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Could ye  ot  all just act like adults for another  6 ir 8 weeks?

It seems our 2 resident virologists got it wrong again
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/health/37-children-under-the-age-of-12-hospitalised-with-covid-over-past-fortnight-40106003.html
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

themac_23

Quote from: Rossfan on February 18, 2021, 03:46:38 PM

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/health/37-children-under-the-age-of-12-hospitalised-with-covid-over-past-fortnight-40106003.html
[/quote

Serious question Rossfan, do you think we should stay in lockdowns until we are 0 hospital admissions? we were asked to give it January, pissed off but everyone rowed in, then again asked to give it feb to get the vaccine to start driving numbers down, again not great but ok. Now were being asked to wait to April so people won't congregate and potentially drive up numbers?

people aren't being given the opportunity to act like adults, we are being treated like children.

Cavan19

Quote from: themac_23 on February 18, 2021, 03:52:51 PM

[/quote

Serious question Rossfan, do you think we should stay in lockdowns until we are 0 hospital admissions? we were asked to give it January, pissed off but everyone rowed in, then again asked to give it feb to get the vaccine to start driving numbers down, again not great but ok. Now were being asked to wait to April so people won't congregate and potentially drive up numbers?

people aren't being given the opportunity to act like adults, we are being treated like children.

They had the opportunity in the lead up to Christmas and you seen what happened.

themac_23

Quote from: Cavan19 on February 18, 2021, 04:00:16 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on February 18, 2021, 03:52:51 PM

[/quote

They had the opportunity in the lead up to Christmas and you seen what happened.

Brilliant, lets just keep people in lockdowns then because some people were d*cks at Christmas, seriously do you think there are no house parties etc happening now? do you think people aren't going and meeting friends in their houses? You cant treat people like children all the time, people need something to live for, the mood I see in people is through the floor. im not talking about opening pubs in March, clearly that would be stupid. but the vaccine roll out is going well, the weather is getting a bit nicer, wee bit more daylight in the evenings. Wouldn't it be possible to say to people, 'ok the numbers are going in the right direction we are gonna let a few households mix in outdoor spaces again, gonna let sports teams go back training non contact for 4 weeks initially. small things make a big difference, that could boost so many people with a few things that are very very low risk, would there be people take the p*ss and abuse it? of course there would, but are they the same people who are ignoring the current regulations? yes! why punish everyone because of some selfish arseholes who are gonna do their own thing regardless

five points

Quote from: Cavan19 on February 18, 2021, 04:00:16 PM

That seems to be an argument for never ever opening anything again.

imtommygunn

Yes and this also is a blanket statement to a) shut down arguments and b) fail to recognise that restrictions on the whole are not binary and actually there are(or should be) varying degrees of granularity.

Don't get me wrong I don't think too many restrictions should be lifted but to say it's because of holidays is nonsense - just don't change the bubble rules.

I am guessing things like hairdressers and cafes would be first to lift. Arguably cafes would be impacted by holidays. How would hairdressers be? Particularly when you need appointments... (Maybe there are valid studies into why they shouldn't be which is fair enough but being open towards holidays is not one.

trailer

I get the impression that this is to be the last lockdown and I definitely welcome that. But that is why they're are going to ultra cautious. If another month or two now means a semi normal summer and winter then I am all for that. It's tough I really get that, I find it really hard but if it's another 2 months of this in return for normality, then that is what it has to be.

armaghniac

Quote from: trailer on February 18, 2021, 04:50:37 PM
I get the impression that this is to be the last lockdown and I definitely welcome that. But that is why they're are going to ultra cautious. If another month or two now means a semi normal summer and winter then I am all for that. It's tough I really get that, I find it really hard but if it's another 2 months of this in return for normality, then that is what it has to be.

Also they need to open slowly to calibrate the effect of this new variant which does spread more easily. The whole Christmas thing was made much worse by the new variant.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

whitegoodman

Did I hear it right that the P1-P3s are going back on the 8th March and then back to home schooling for 2 wks when the 5th-7th years go back on the 22nd March ?  Why would that be the case when they are in 2 different schools ?

whitegoodman

There is no way to guarantee this.  It is likely to be the case that there will be another lockdown come next October/November if the variants escape the vaccine.

Armagh18

Quote from: whitegoodman on February 18, 2021, 05:22:43 PM

There is no way to guarantee this.  It is likely to be the case that there will be another lockdown come next October/November if the variants escape the vaccine.
This needs to be the last one never mind this bullshit with new variants. Good luck trying to get people to listen to anything beyond April, especially with the vulnerable vaccinated.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

I can't wait till it's over, just so the PT's can stop moaning about how worried they are about people's mental health!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 18, 2021, 07:20:58 PM
I can't wait till it's over, just so the PT's can stop moaning about how worried they are about people's mental health!

What you don't believe them ?  ;D

Smurfy123

And what?
A child goes into hospital with covid related symptoms?
What's so big about that?
You never hear of a child going in with Flu symptoms?
What is the reason primary 1-2-3 return?
In some European countries children don't start until they are 7
I don't think St Patrick's day or Easter will be anywhere like Christmas
What is there to do?