China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

The number of inpatients in the north has been rising by 20 a day last few days :(

Walter Cronc

Guys does anyone think shops/salons etc will close in the next week or so or will it be bars/restaurants to begin with?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 08, 2020, 07:46:27 AM
Guys does anyone think shops/salons etc will close in the next week or so or will it be bars/restaurants to begin with?

Girls will be going to hairdressers in their droves at the threat of the salons and nail bars closing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

It sounds like it might be more localised what they are doing.

Hard to really know though until they announce. Numbers are shocking but say Belfast it's mostly university students. Whether they go the whole hog because of that who knows. Newry area sounds like it will get the full works like Derry.

Like I say though you wouldn't know.

GetOverTheBar

It has to be localised otherwise they'll lose the people completely.

Which inevitably means they'll make it nation wide.

Angelo

Positive tests are coming back roughly 1 in 6 in the O6 at present.

How much higher is that likely to be with people not being sent forward for tests and those not displaying any symptoms who have it?

5 times, 10 times?

I know the virus was only officially detected on this island around the end of Feb but being realistic it was probably here in December or before, it has obviously been in existence in China months before it became apparent and its likely a domino effect to each new country it transmits to. By the time testing, tracing and knowledge of the virus, it's probably already embedded there for months

Pure unqualified speculation but I'd imagine it is at its peak now in terms of transmission. Lockdown clearly helps with slowing the transmission but we probably know now zero Covid is not achievable and we have also been told that we need to learn to live with the virus. Lockdown and living with the virus are two completely contradictory strategies.

Until science gets some clear answers on immunity, antibodies and asymptomatic cases then we are living in limbo land.

It will probably go the way of the Spanish flu and peter out near the end of 2021/early 2022 without a vaccine being found. We are probably now entering the "deadly second wave" in terms of contagion levels but I don't think the death rates will reflect that in countries with good health services where proper planning has been put in place since the first wave.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rudi

Quote from: Rossfan on October 08, 2020, 12:03:46 AM
Rudi's 6 mates prove that Covid isn't worth fretting over and that the WHO, 170 or more Governments and National Health bodies are all wrong.
Those people who have got ongoing problems from Covid are probably imagining it while those who died would have died anyway and aren't worth losing sleep over.

In the world of Rosfan 1 + 2 = 12. Where did I say any of the above?

Jeepers Creepers

I'm amazed at people who wear a mask at the their local 'big' supermarket but take their mask off going into the local Butcher/offie/Spar/Petrol station.

Rudi

Quote from: Rossfan on October 08, 2020, 11:03:07 AM
Mystery?
No fkn mystery!

I suppose in Rosfans world they came from Bobby Storeys funeral, that's the Rosfan narrative.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Rossfan on October 08, 2020, 11:03:07 AM
Mystery?
No fkn mystery!

Enlighten us please. As someone who lives in the North I'd like you to help us.

I can't wait.

BennyCake

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 08, 2020, 11:13:19 AM
I'm amazed at people who wear a mask at the their local 'big' supermarket but take their mask off going into the local Butcher/offie/Spar/Petrol station.

There's plenty of non maskers in the big shops too.

What I can't figure out it why all shop workers don't have masks on. Especially those out on the shop floor.

imtommygunn

I have to say generally speaking in the big shops or any shops near me people wear a mask. At most I would say 10% of people I have seen don't. People who don't really stand out.

Opening the halls of residence has been a major major faux pas up here. My view would be that has been a major catalyst.

No doubt we're all doubting Karens up here and that's the reason it's no mystery ::)