Dogs

Started by pearses, October 25, 2007, 05:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

Back the park is definite urban sprawl.The dogs go around in pairs in that zone.

stephenite

Quote from: mannix on October 28, 2007, 09:40:28 AM
Back the park is definite urban sprawl.The dogs go around in pairs in that zone.

Touche - but nowhere near as disadvantaged as other areas. If both your parents are alcoholics/heroin addicts then getting pets isn't exactly high up on the list of priorities for the kids you don't look after properly in the first place.

pintsofguinness

Well obviously Stephenite  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mannix

No,only joking.Its not that bad though I have relations that have lived there for years and they say there is a new breed of sc**bag prowling there now.
I was mad when I read about that american footballer fella,Vick, and how he killed the dogs when they were hurt or not good at fighting.I hope he pays for his sins.Some people are just cruel and should not be allowed to have animals.

stephenite

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 28, 2007, 09:57:53 AM
Well obviously Stephenite  ::)

The most sanctimonious clown on the internet reaches new levels of condescending tripe - at least you're consistent

pintsofguinness

What are you talking about? I make a reasonable statement and you come back with "but if the parent's a drug addict"  ::)  ::)

stephenite

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 28, 2007, 10:13:13 AM
What are you talking about? I make a reasonable statement and you come back with "but if the parent's a drug addict"  ::)  ::)

I used the drug addict reference in response to Mannix, but there are many, many reasons why some children cannot be introduced to animals at infancy or any other times. It's not as black and white as you seemed to infer in your original post. I was merely making that point - and you respond, to a reasonable point with a  ::) , rather than engage. A trait you consistently use

pintsofguinness

And I was pointing out that your point was obivous!
What is there to engage about?  Of course if your parents are drug addicts, drunks, struggling to put food on the table (through no fault of their own, if your a starving child in a third world country pets are not a priority! 
I would have thought that's obvious. 

5 Sams

Our mutt is creaking now...legs are wobbling...typical Lab problems...thinking of gettin a pup to keep him company....anyone any experience of bringing a pup into the house with an older dog already there??
The Aristocrat Years

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 29, 2010, 12:44:36 AM
Our mutt is creaking now...legs are wobbling...typical Lab problems...thinking of gettin a pup to keep him company....anyone any experience of bringing a pup into the house with an older dog already there??

A bullet through the head should sort him out
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mylestheslasher

I had an 15 year old sheepdog, was on his last legs and I also had a pup alsation. They got on fine but it probably depends on the temperament of the older dog cos the pup will be biting and pulling out of him. The labs are pretty easy going so I'd say you'll be fine.

downredblack

Sams ,
Only going on my own experience but I wouldn't do it . We had an Irish setter for 15yrs in the parents house and a better dog I have never met , when I moved out I got one of my own and when I brought the new buck round to the parents he never gave the the aul dog a minutes peace . No malice just to much energy for the aul boy . Maybe if they were under the same roof it might be different but if you are after having your dog for a lock of years maybe he needs his peace and a change to the norm might not be the best thing for him .

Quagmire

I agree with the last poster, we had a wee jack russell bitch for almost 12 years til the brother landed home with a Rottweiler pup. The wee girl just wasn't fit for him, the pup was, and still is a fantastic dog but just too energetic. He was only meant to stay temporaraily til the brother got the house sorted but that hasn't happened. We've since taken another pup from a pound and she's doing great with the Rotty who's now 18 months old and like a donkey. I'm sure sometimes it works but I'd be careful of an old dog and a pup together, I suppose it's about just looking at what you're dealing with at the time.

ONeill

What the fcuk is going on with that pic of Ziggy on page 1?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Iceman

Quote from: ONeill on May 30, 2010, 12:22:27 PM
What the fcuk is going on with that pic of Ziggy on page 1?
Just seen that - he must have changed something on his picture viewer  haha
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight