bloodybreakball

Quagmire

manballandall

Must be cargins to lose now after tonight's display

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on October 04, 2014, 09:04:37 PM
Must be cargins to lose now after tonight's display

big time. We were rubbish and Creggan shoulda won

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Creggan really did put it up to the champs after they got the formation right. The Gall's did look out of sorts and this was underlined by the amount of times Sean Kelly gave the ball away. But Cargin's to lose.............I am sure they will believe that. ??? ::)

bannside

Casements just done enough to beat a gallant Moneyglass.  Back to senior status again after a few years rebuilding. Gutsy win for St Malachys too in the junior.

imtommygunn

Well done BS.

Very odd score in the junior final. Not often you'd win a championship with just 2 points but there'll be no complaints I'm sure.

Creggan seemed to challenge St Galls though just came up short. Would be hoping Cargin can push them and make a game of it at least.

bannside

Didnt make the Galls v Creggan match but  a few I spoke to said that Galls were far from impressive, and not their usual fluent selves. Im starting to see the final as one that could go either way.

Cargin are playing a different style too this year. Set up defensively too (a bit like Creggan) which St Galls seemed to struggle with....but with a bit more firepower up front than Creggan. Maybe St Galls slight favourites but Cargin will field a very strong team too so the final is far from a foregone conclusion.

glens abu

Well done Bannside,a few pints sunk in the club last night I'd say.

Mickey Linden

Well done to PG1. Hopefully they will have a run in Ulster.

Is there any word on where the senior final might be? I thought it would be in Aghoghill but have since heard that Hannastown could be a potential venue?

bannside

Thanks Glens and ML. The club was mental alright and the pubs in the town are going well today too.  Great for guys like Owen Doc, Tony Convery,  Brian Mc Cann  and Martin Mc Carry who have soldiered on well into their thirties with very little medal ware to show for very distinguished careers. They lost a lot of finals along the way so it's great for them and they got a great reception last night in the club.

Some of our younger players can't stop winning medals it seems. Reserve league. Reserve c'ship. Div 2 league (hopefully) intermediate championship to go with under-21 championship last year. That's possibly 5 medals for some of them to collect at our dinner dance later this year.

bannside

Wouldn't be right to talk about club stalwarts without giving a special mention to Kevin Brady. He was a real handful against us yesterday and reminded us once again of the superb player he was/is.

getevennotcross

Quote from: Mickey Linden on October 06, 2014, 04:53:25 PM
Well done to PG1. Hopefully they will have a run in Ulster.

Is there any word on where the senior final might be? I thought it would be in Aghoghill but have since heard that Hannastown could be a potential venue?

Lamh Dhearg for me.

imtommygunn

When Owen Doc, Martin McCarry, Brian McCann etc were underage they were winning all round them too BS.

I guess it should be a lesson to not take winning for granted as you never know when your next medal will be! (Though hopefully you guys will make the push in the seniors)

bannside

Fair point ITG as part of Sean Stinsons they did win a minor championship or two, but lost lots of finals with PG1, including several intermediate and three senior finals and a couple of O Cahan cups.  For some of those guys it was seven final defeats on the trot before yesterday, so it was great to break that sequence.

The way I see it is that our progression is continuing and I expect Casements will be back in top three or four within a couple of years. Lots of work to be done yet and no one in division one will be nervous about playing us next year.

The venue for the final is very significant I think. Why would it not be at the "designated " temporary county ground Creggan or else Ahoghill? Or is a new precedent of year about (City/SW) going to begin?