The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2018, 12:49:23 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 06, 2018, 12:37:14 PM
Quote from: Boycey on June 06, 2018, 12:23:06 PM
I'm pretty sure Ramos would have been a legend in any era.. A player that home fans love and opposition fans love to hate.

Really? I have a problem with so called tough guys who roll around like children when they get a bit back. Ramos is far from a legend. He's a sneak and a coward.

And that's before the CL final. The outrage over that game is pathetic.

Strange, I didn't hear you give off about Suarez

Suarez is a different animal completely but if you look back you will see plenty if occasions where I said some of his actions were bad. Suarez I would call a short fused lunatic. Ramos is different completely. More like Costa.

I wouldn't have a major issue with Ramos if he was just dirty. It's the way he lies down when he gets hit that annoys me.

Armamike

I'm pretty sure Ramos would have been a legend in any era.. A player that home fans love and opposition fans love to hate.

Really? I have a problem with so called tough guys who roll around like children when they get a bit back. Ramos is far from a legend. He's a sneak and a coward.

+ 1
That's just, like your opinion man.

Syferus

Quote from: JoG2 on June 05, 2018, 09:18:05 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 05, 2018, 08:19:10 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 05, 2018, 06:53:30 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on June 05, 2018, 05:32:38 PM
Are there any 'hard men' left in football? Honestly can't think of any.

Sergio Ramos.

No he's not.  Dirty maybe but not hard.

Agreed, the polar opposite of a hard lick. Hard men don't go to ground like big girls blouses every turnabout.

It's more an indictment of Liverpool if this soft lad physically wrecked two Liverpool players than it is of the player himself. Ramos knows how to play at and over the edge. I don't know many truly great backs who weren't the same way.

ziggy90

Paul McGrath and Franz Beckenbaur are two.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

gawa316

Shaqiri will a 12 mil release clause is being mentioned. At that price, it's a no brainer.

thewobbler

Quote from: ziggy90 on June 06, 2018, 06:29:29 PM
Paul McGrath and Franz Beckenbaur are two.

Yeah perhaps. But I'd expect they were both very appreciate of having a Kevin Moran or a Berti Vogts alongside.

It's amazing how Messi has stayed alive, let alone played 600 matches for Barcelona, when his career has run in tandem with that unhinged psychopath Ramos.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 06, 2018, 12:53:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2018, 12:49:23 PM

Strange, I didn't hear you give off about Suarez

Suarez is a different animal completely but if you look back you will see plenty if occasions where I said some of his actions were bad. Suarez I would call a short fused lunatic. Ramos is different completely. More like Costa.

I wouldn't have a major issue with Ramos if he was just dirty. It's the way he lies down when he gets hit that annoys me.
Lest we forget the hallion Pepe.

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on June 06, 2018, 06:40:18 PM
Shaqiri will a 12 mil release clause is being mentioned. At that price, it's a no brainer.
Yeah agreed. He'd be coming as a squad player and for that price worth the gamble. Has buckets of talent but can be a lazy sulky hoor but would add much needed depth to the squad.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on June 06, 2018, 08:37:05 PM
Yeah agreed. He'd be coming as a squad player and for that price worth the gamble. Has buckets of talent but can be a lazy sulky hoor but would add much needed depth to the squad.

He does not strike me as a Klopp player at all. Does he have the required energy and work rate?

blewuporstuffed

Decent cover for the front 3 positions is a must for the upcoming season. Its not easy to get someone with quality to come that know they are likely to spend alot of time on the bench. For that reason I think Shaqiri could be a good option for 12m
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 06, 2018, 10:14:32 PM

He does not strike me as a Klopp player at all. Does he have the required energy and work rate?
While I'm sure it'll be discussed at whatever committee we have that decides transfer, I'd also be surprised if Klopp doesn't veto it. A lovely footballer, but doesn't run (or at least I've never seen him run!), and I doubt he'd be happy getting 10 minutes at the end of games, so a potential sulker/disruptive influence. Although maybe I'm wrong on this as it's just the impression I get from him. Personally I'd have him ahead of Lallana in the pecking order.

Dire Ear

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44399483
Liverpool midfielder Ovie Ejaria has joined Rangers on a season-long loan after signing a new contract at Anfield

Dash83

Minder

Looks like Fekir deal will be completed tomorrow £48m
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on June 07, 2018, 09:37:33 PM
Looks like Fekir deal will be completed tomorrow £48m
Klopp is building some squad.
Remember when Ricky Lambert was the major summer signing...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.