Violence in Adult Club Football

Started by Jinxy, September 17, 2018, 09:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In your county, has it:

Significantly increased in recent years
Significantly decreased in recent years
It's about the same

LooseCannon

Anyone see the video from Derry? Cowardice.
Broke the other lad's jaw I think.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 09, 2019, 12:38:49 PM
Seen a nice clip from the Newbridge Glenullin match last night. As cowardice an action as you'll see. The hit, and then running off to hide.

Quote from: LooseCannon on August 10, 2019, 10:11:17 AM
Anyone see the video from Derry? Cowardice.
Broke the other lad's jaw I think.

Both the same
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Dinny Breen

Violence at club level in rugby is practically non-existent.

2 reasons at J2 level and below it's mainly a social game and players just want their run around. Not completely clean though and red cards are issued, shortest suspension for a straight red is normally 4 weeks unless 2 yellows and red card might be deeemed sufficient.

J1 and above, every game is more or less videoed, clubs can cite players for violent acts and provide video evidence.

The disciplinary committee meets every Thursday evening to review all such incidents. These committees always has at least one barrister, there is no spirit of the law, they are pretty ruthless.

As for concussion, the culture in rugby has completely changed. Any suspected head injury and the player is removed.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Con O'callaghan was left on for 10 mins after a heavy blow to the head yesterday. When he eventually did come off he puked his guts up on the sideline. Remind me what vomiting is a symptom of again?
#newbridgeornowhere

RedHand88

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 11, 2019, 07:19:42 AM
Con O'callaghan was left on for 10 mins after a heavy blow to the head yesterday. When he eventually did come off he puked his guts up on the sideline. Remind me what vomiting is a symptom of again?

A night on the lash.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2019, 07:29:14 AM

A night on the lash.

;D
#newbridgeornowhere

tonto1888

An elbow in the gut?

Armagh18

He got a nasty (but deserved) belt in the guts. I'd say that was it.

yellowcard

I'd say O'Callaghan woke up sore this morning. A knee in the chest from Hennelly and an elbow in the chest late on from O'Donoghue which warranted a straight red card.

Watched the Derry club match punch from behind and that was on a different scale, that was outright thuggery.

dublin7

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 11, 2019, 10:40:44 AM

It was shortly after the elbow to the ribs in fairness that caused him to vomit. Can only have been a sympathy decision based on the scoreboard by the linesman/ref not to send him off.

AZOffaly

I thought when he got clattered by the goalie he banged his head on the ground. I was surprised he wasnt brought off then.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2019, 05:51:30 PM
I thought when he got clattered by the goalie he banged his head on the ground. I was surprised he wasnt brought off then.

That's what I thought, I have never seen anyone get sick from a thump in the guts.
#newbridgeornowhere

Armagh18

Quote from: dublin7 on August 11, 2019, 05:48:29 PM

It was shortly after the elbow to the ribs in fairness that caused him to vomit. Can only have been a sympathy decision based on the scoreboard by the linesman/ref not to send him off.
Meh. He didn't get a belt for being a good boy if you watch it. He's a big boy and well fit to dish it out and take it.

dublin7

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 11, 2019, 07:12:05 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on August 11, 2019, 05:48:29 PM

Meh. He didn't get a belt for being a good boy if you watch it. He's a big boy and well fit to dish it out and take it.

Doesn't mean it's not a red card. It seems who you are and/or who you play for now decide how fouls/assaults are judged.