Sigerson Cup 2024

Started by mad tan, January 08, 2024, 08:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 15, 2024, 09:16:36 AMDerry have McCarron, Diamond and McCarron starting? Not sure on any more.

Should be a squad / county list floating round somewhere but can't see it.

Can't see too many from antrim though there were a few on the queens team.
Maybe there is a message in that.

Duine Inteacht Eile

Quote from: lurganblue on February 15, 2024, 09:08:49 AM
Quote from: An Watcher on February 14, 2024, 10:21:48 PMHow many of that Ulster Uni team were from Tyrone?  Or would it be easier to ask how many were not from Tyrone?

I'm not sure on the squad at all but I did see two Lurgan clubs post that they had players in the squad.  Emmett Magee from Clann Eireann and Anton McParland from St Pauls. Good to see.

Unreal representation from Tyrone and continues on from their total domination in MacRory and Dungannon winning the Rannafast
Interestingly I don't think (?) there is a MacRory medal among any of those Tyrone players.

Saffrongael

Quote from: johnnycool on February 15, 2024, 09:35:37 AM
Quote from: trailer on February 14, 2024, 09:15:37 PMCanavan show. There won't be a picture coloured in for a week.

In the words of a famous beardy West Belfast hurling coach;

"What sort of Irishman could wear a jersey with the Queens crown on it?"

Suck it up Trailer  ;D

The same beardy boy would have took a bit of coin from Queens to coach them if I'm thinking of the same fella.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

square_ball

Quote from: trailer on February 15, 2024, 08:48:09 AM
Quote from: stronghold on February 15, 2024, 04:50:17 AM
Quote from: trailer on February 14, 2024, 09:15:37 PMCanavan show. There won't be a picture coloured in for a week.
Obviously one jealous,twisted individual

LOL

You caught a big one there Trailer.

5times5times

Peter has obviously passed on his diving skills to the weans, any touch at all and they were reaching for the swimming goggles. The poor lad marking Daragh was left flabbergasted on a number of occasions with the referee's gullibleness

johnnycool

Quote from: Saffrongael on February 15, 2024, 09:49:57 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 15, 2024, 09:35:37 AM

In the words of a famous beardy West Belfast hurling coach;

"What sort of Irishman could wear a jersey with the Queens crown on it?"

Suck it up Trailer  ;D

The same beardy boy would have took a bit of coin from Queens to coach them if I'm thinking of the same fella.

I don't think he ever coached Queens but that's not to say he wouldn't have as he did indeed like the coin/paper things with the Queens head on it..

;D

tonto1888

Quote from: 5times5times on February 15, 2024, 11:59:25 AMPeter has obviously passed on his diving skills to the weans, any touch at all and they were reaching for the swimming goggles. The poor lad marking Daragh was left flabbergasted on a number of occasions with the referee's gullibleness

NO where have I read this exact thing before. Word for word

Captain Obvious

Quote from: 5times5times on February 15, 2024, 11:59:25 AMPeter has obviously passed on his diving skills to the weans, any touch at all and they were reaching for the swimming goggles. The poor lad marking Daragh was left flabbergasted on a number of occasions with the referee's gullibleness

Was a Mayo fella marking him 1st half unable to handle Darragh at all was too late once the switch was made.

Has been some start to the year for Ulster football. Senior, Intermediate, Junior All-Ireland club titles won. Derry top of Division 1 and the Division could contain 6 teams from Ulster next year and now a Sigerson cup secured.

An Watcher

Sure derry have the all ireland in the bag and all this year or some of their supporters would have you believe that anyway

Gabriel_Hurl

Would that be Plunkett Donaghy's two cubs on the bench??

God14

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 15, 2024, 03:00:56 PMWould that be Plunkett Donaghy's two cubs on the bench??

Steve started at No.4 & had a right good game, with his brother Adam on the bench. They are both sons of Plunkett, yes.

5times5times

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 15, 2024, 02:17:39 PM

Was a Mayo fella marking him 1st half unable to handle Darragh at all was too late once the switch was made.

Has been some start to the year for Ulster football. Senior, Intermediate, Junior All-Ireland club titles won. Derry top of Division 1 and the Division could contain 6 teams from Ulster next year and now a Sigerson cup secured.

Ulster team #1 in Div1
Ulster team #1-4 in Div2
Ulster team #1&2 in Div3

Senior, Intermediate & Junior club champs
Hogan cup champs

Time for pathetic other provinces to get their house in Order.

square_ball

Does anyone care about how other clubs and counties in their province are doing in the various competitions? If Tyrone are beat its no consolation to me Derry are top of Division 1 or Armagh top of Division 2. I was pleased that Glen won the AI but I wouldn't have lost any sleep if they didn't win it. Were Wicklow people delighted that Dublin were All Ireland Champions and Crokes All Ireland Club champions in 2023? Seems to be only Ulster people try and push this kind of thing.

imtommygunn

There's been 2 league games played  ;D

tiempo

Quote from: square_ball on February 15, 2024, 04:17:30 PMDoes anyone care about how other clubs and counties in their province are doing in the various competitions? If Tyrone are beat its no consolation to me Derry are top of Division 1 or Armagh top of Division 2. I was pleased that Glen won the AI but I wouldn't have lost any sleep if they didn't win it. Were Wicklow people delighted that Dublin were All Ireland Champions and Crokes All Ireland Club champions in 2023? Seems to be only Ulster people try and push this kind of thing.

Watch Tony Scullion Laochra Gael to find out why Ulster gaels have a greater solidarity than the other provinces, more than a game would probably sum it up