Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

TheGreatest

Haha, more obsession, stalking and jealousy.

Funny stuff gents.

Have a great evening.

northsideboy

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/how-dublins-footballers-found-inspiration-and-perspective-in-the-green-fields-of-france-866047.html
Dosen't sound like a training session to me, but perhaps seeing how an earlier generation of young men were caught up in a teriible event. Time to grow up and stop being petty.

tippabu

I was fairly certain dublin played  club championship games in april? what have they actually done wrong or rule broken?

edit: training camps....nevermind.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: northsideboy on November 08, 2018, 03:43:55 PM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/how-dublins-footballers-found-inspiration-and-perspective-in-the-green-fields-of-france-866047.html
Dosen't sound like a training session to me, but perhaps seeing how an earlier generation of young men were caught up in a teriible event. Time to grow up and stop being petty.

They will be sewing Poppies onto their geansaĆ­ next.  :D

In fairness though it's a far cry from some of the other teams going to "bond" in resorts famous for their warm weather training facilities.

/Jim.

Tubberman

Quote from: northsideboy on November 08, 2018, 03:43:55 PM

Yes, the Dublin GAA Historical Society on an outing. That's all it was.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

And sure the lads were only taking all them Subarus for a rest drive.... ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Rossfan on November 08, 2018, 04:43:36 PM
And sure the lads were only taking all them Subarus for a rest drive.... ;)

There's one less Subaru down Roscommon way this week.  Maybe Roscommon County Board will replace it?

/Jim.

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Hound

Quote from: larryin89 on November 09, 2018, 07:05:49 AM
Team bonding is training
Maybe so Larry, but that's not the rule.

17 counties were investigated for trips taken. 13 of the trips were found not to have broken any rules. One of the 13 was Dublin. But it seems some people haven't manage to get their fill of whinging in for 2018 yet, so work away lads!

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Hound on November 09, 2018, 07:21:45 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on November 09, 2018, 07:05:49 AM
Team bonding is training
Maybe so Larry, but that's not the rule.

17 counties were investigated for trips taken. 13 of the trips were found not to have broken any rules. One of the 13 was Dublin. But it seems some people haven't manage to get their fill of whinging in for 2018 yet, so work away lads!

One of the 13 was Tyrone. The club games were all moved forward to a Friday night that weekend and the county players played. They then met up on the Saturday and went away for a night. I'm not sure if it broke the rule but it certainly shouldn't have been penalised and was different to the Dubs.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM