Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

mb80b60

Any truth in the rumours that Damien Kelly and Daryl Keenan have both left the panel?

Big loss if true.

Ultán

Mark Harte is the new Roslea manager apparently.

wanderer

Anyone at last nights game? How did the newer players look? Any success stories or was it as bad as it sounds

FermGael

Liam Donnelly from Trillick in with another taking St Pat's
Colm Courtney taking Maguirsebridge.

As for the match, was not at it.
Hopefully  he will unearth two or three players who are of the required standard.

After the McKenna cup, the league panel will be picked.
Clucker has confirmed he will be back.Owens as well.  Tommy McElroy back as well.
Add to them the injured players who are currently out (Donnelly, Corrigan, Etc).

Should help improve the panel.

More worrying is the fact we have no minor or U-21 management.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

wanderer

Shocking but not surprising that Fermanagh seem to think getting a "name" as a senior manager will sort out all the problems. There are a few on the Fermanagh panel at the moment who could benefit from a proper U-21 season to bring them on. As for minors it always seems to be the case of waiting on St Mic's to exit competitions before any underage plan is put in place (* I am not sure if the word has ever been used in Fermanagh for underage development)

FermGael

Fermanagh team named:

C Snow, J Woods, C Cullen, C Quigley, D McCusker, R McCluskey,T Daly, E Donnelly (capt), R O'Callaghan, L Cullen, R Jones, C Jones, P McCusker, B Cox, T Corrigan

Great to see the Cullen twins playing.  Represent Belnaleck.  One of the smallest clubs in Fermanagh and have been doing some great work at underage.  Have moved from playing Reserve football to now playing Intermediate football.  Great to see.

Very inexperienced team with 6 players making there national league debut.
That team must be one of the youngest teams Fermanagh have ever fielded.  Probably only Clucker, Woods, Donnelly, C Quigley and Snow over 25.  Baptism of fire for alot of those young players.

ExiledGael

Didn't take long, at least they have been given a yellow card for it. Could go either way now.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/26112705?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

orangeman

Quote from: ExiledGael on February 09, 2014, 08:11:27 PM
Didn't take long, at least they have been given a yellow card for it. Could go either way now.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/26112705?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Pete needs big Seamie and Sean and everyone else for that matter. He's not coming down with scoring forwards.

FermGael

Quote from: orangeman on February 10, 2014, 10:32:44 AM
Quote from: ExiledGael on February 09, 2014, 08:11:27 PM

Pete needs big Seamie and Sean and everyone else for that matter. He's not coming down with scoring forwards.

There is no issue with Sean.

Seamie could be one of the best footballers in Ireland.
But you cannot play a 90 Minute soccer match regardless of the level on the day of a league fixture and expect to be involved.

Man Marker

This Seamie boyo seems to be some clown, roaded by Canavan, then this behaviour, he must have no respect for his fellow county players or supporters.

Gold

Quote from: Man Marker on February 10, 2014, 01:31:53 PM
This Seamie boyo seems to be some clown, roaded by Canavan, then this behaviour, he must have no respect for his fellow county players or supporters.

Sounds like tubes we've had in Antrim
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

haranguerer

He's got more talent than anyone I've ever seen though, and I mean anyone, thats why its such a pity - he definitely should be on a bigger stage.

The good thing is though that there was a win without him versus Sligo. That should be the wake-up call, this show is going on without you, and if you're to be part of it you'll have to toe the line. I think he'll always try to push it, under Canavan he was the main man and he knew it, but Sean and Tomas  have matured and are in great form, so losing him wouldnt be the disaster it was 2 years ago; rather than being able to dictate on his terms, hes gonna have to listen to Pete.

The three of them would be some ff line.

orangeman

He's a serious talent to be fair.

There's bound to be a way of getting him to buy in.

FermGael

Quote from: haranguerer on February 10, 2014, 02:11:31 PM
He's got more talent than anyone I've ever seen though, and I mean anyone, thats why its such a pity - he definitely should be on a bigger stage.

The good thing is though that there was a win without him versus Sligo. That should be the wake-up call, this show is going on without you, and if you're to be part of it you'll have to toe the line. I think he'll always try to push it, under Canavan he was the main man and he knew it, but Sean and Tomas  have matured and are in great form, so losing him wouldnt be the disaster it was 2 years ago; rather than being able to dictate on his terms, hes gonna have to listen to Pete.

The three of them would be some ff line.

Agree completely.

Gold

He seems like an absolute tool. Playin a Fermanagh and Western league soccer game on same day as a league gamev Sligo? Arsehole i wouldnt want to play with. Obv loves courtin attention.
Will never put shoulder fully to wheel. Id bin him off.

Just unbelievable, i honestly dont believe this isnt an antrim story

Egomaniac.
And why is he always carrying weight? Wouldnt count in summer at that weight
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."