Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambrose

Any idea of the conditions for yesterdays U20 game.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Targetman

I see Down's motion to congress to have club games 70 minutes in duration was overwhelmingly defeated, value for money for the punters was their reason, more punishment more like!!

thewobbler

Think it was Castlewellan's motion and I think we pushed it to Congress 3 years ago as well.

I'm not sure about it's merits tbh. It would naturally place an even greater emphasis on fitness (surely we don't want that), and would put even more pressure on throw-in times for the shorter evenings of April and September. Those are definites. In terms of potential weaknesses, it means dead rubbers and sludgings would have another 10 minutes of nonsense to play out, while I can't help thinking more muscle injuries in the closing stages, in the early years at least ie more physio bills.

Truth hurts

Any idea when juveniles fixtures are out? Leagues must be nearly ready to start?

Truth hurts

Also , did Rostrevors motion go thorough ?

supersub

outinfront

Ambrose

The Allianz Football League Game Down v Leitrim will now take on Saturday 14th March @7.00pm in Pairc Esler as opposed to Sunday 15th March.

wobbller

We could be promoted by next Sunday afternoon(15th) if results go our way.

Aristo 60

I thinking about that during the week. How would that go?

Obv we need to beat Leitrim and what else needs to happen?

Green+Gold

Quote from: Aristo 60 on March 06, 2020, 03:40:52 PM

Beat Leitrim on Saturday night and Derry beat Longford on Sunday Down are promoted with a game to spare.

lfdown2

Quote from: Green+Gold on March 06, 2020, 03:56:37 PM

Beat Leitrim on Saturday night and Derry beat Longford on Sunday Down are promoted with a game to spare.

But if Down were to lose to Louth and Derry & Longford to win their last game it would be a 3 way tie and head to head would no longer be relevant, and it would come down to score difference, is that not the case?

Aristo 60

Ambrose

Experience has taught me never to be over confident when it comes to Down footballers, but they will beat this Louth team with a bit to spare. They've lost a number of players since last years shock win in Newry and they're nailed on for relegation. We owe them big time for that defeat in Newry.
This Down team have proved a lot of people wrong, myself included, they have steadily improved throughout the league and although the football isn't always pretty they are able to grind out a result.

wobbller

Quote from: lfdown2 on March 06, 2020, 04:39:08 PM
Quote from: Green+Gold on March 06, 2020, 03:56:37 PM

But if Down were to lose to Louth and Derry & Longford to win their last game it would be a 3 way tie and head to head would no longer be relevant, and it would come down to score difference, is that not the case?
Derry play Longford next so a 3 way play-off is impossible.