Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maiden1

United have decent chance of 4th I think. OGS seems to have got Fergie in as number 2/adviser as well and Mike Phelan back. They could do worse than stick with that.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Milltown Row2

Will find it tough v Spurs but then two against teams they should beat (based on current form) could actually lift them above Arsenal!

If Liverpool beat City tomorrow (I've backed Liverpool) then I expect City to throw everything into winning Europe.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 02, 2019, 09:40:27 PM
Shelvey is filthy beggar. Not hard to guess where he learned his trade..

Charlton Athletic ?

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Maiden1 on January 02, 2019, 10:22:55 PM
United have decent chance of 4th I think. OGS seems to have got Fergie in as number 2/adviser as well and Mike Phelan back. They could do worse than stick with that.

Apart from one visit to the training ground and a phone call mentioned in a press conference, where is this coning from?

GJL

4 out of 4.  8)

Spurs game will be a better gauge of where Utd really are.

Maiden1

Quote from: OgraAnDun on January 02, 2019, 10:59:25 PM
Quote from: Maiden1 on January 02, 2019, 10:22:55 PM

Apart from one visit to the training ground and a phone call mentioned in a press conference, where is this coning from?
Nothing in particular but I've seen a few articles.

https://news.scorenga.co.uk/ferguson-is-behind-solskjaer-and-phelans-return-to-united/

I would be surprised if OGS not asking advice on lots of topics.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

general

Santiago Solari was given the Real Madrid Job after going a month unbeaten. Why would united not give OGS the job on FT basis - things are going well. The "United Way" has returned - long may it last.

Phelan and Carrick know how the club was from the Fergie Era - fantastic to see both heavily involved and fully passionate. Every Goal its a celebration with OGS, MP, MC and mckenna.

While united are not good enough at the back, is there another forward line that would show our own up? Significant improvements made to  Lukaku's, Alexiz game by the look of it. Added to Lingard, Rashford, Martial they all look to be playing with the freedom and confidence to be a success. Whilst I have seen Pogba significantly up his game it makes me feel more aggrieved as he obviously quit while Jose was there - silly money being paid for doing FA!

On another note Just booked return flights for the FA cup on sat - £69 quid return, out of Belfast City 8.30am and back to dublin leaving manc at 7.50pm -  long time since Ive seen flights to manchester as reasonable as that for a match day!

gawa316

Quote from: general on January 02, 2019, 11:33:43 PM
Santiago Solari was given the Real Madrid Job after going a month unbeaten. Why would united not give OGS the job on FT basis - things are going well. The "United Way" has returned - long may it last.

Phelan and Carrick know how the club was from the Fergie Era - fantastic to see both heavily involved and fully passionate. Every Goal its a celebration with OGS, MP, MC and mckenna.

While united are not good enough at the back, is there another forward line that would show our own up? Significant improvements made to  Lukaku's, Alexiz game by the look of it. Added to Lingard, Rashford, Martial they all look to be playing with the freedom and confidence to be a success. Whilst I have seen Pogba significantly up his game it makes me feel more aggrieved as he obviously quit while Jose was there - silly money being paid for doing FA!

If he keeps winning they'll have to give him the job. No sense giving it to him now though. Although 4 good wins, they have played nobody of any significance.

As for forward lines, there is undoubtedly talent there but I'd rather have Liverpool, Ctiy, Spurs and Arsenal's.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: gawa316 on January 03, 2019, 12:04:47 AM

If he keeps winning they'll have to give him the job. No sense giving it to him now though. Although 4 good wins, they have played nobody of any significance.

As for forward lines, there is undoubtedly talent there but I'd rather have Liverpool, Ctiy, Spurs and Arsenal's.
Both playing attacking football have only scored 3 more goals than United in the league this season and 17 of United's 21 games was played under a pragmatic manager.

Geoff Tipps

On another note Just booked return flights for the FA cup on sat - £69 quid return, out of Belfast City 8.30am and back to dublin leaving manc at 7.50pm -  long time since Ive seen flights to manchester as reasonable as that for a match day!

He was given the job because in Spain you can't have a caretaker manager for more than 2 weeks. He's a stop gap till the end of the season.

magpie seanie

Good win last night against a dogged and well organised Newcastle. The passing was good all through if a little slower than you'd like in the first half. Like in the past though you have to trust and believe that gaps will start to appear if you stick to what you're doing and so they did.

Negatives - Valencia looked poor. He hasn't been near the same player for a while but last night he really didn't seem to be comfortable at all. Maybe he'll improve as he returns from injury but that's as bad as I've seen him. Jones was very shaky early on. As the game went on he steadied, thanks in no small part to the two guys either side of him who played well. Centre back still an obvious position of need. Guys like Smalling and Jones are decent defenders but in the modern game they need to be better with the ball than these guys are.

Pogba, Martial and Rashford rightly getting the plaudits recently but Herrera and Matic look like different players too. That has been great to see....them playing at a level you felt was in them but hadn't seen for a while. Nice to see Lukaku and Sanchez looking lively when they came on also.

Obviously bigger tests ahead but that's definitely a game that would have been lost under the previous management. Team selection will be interesting on Saturday. Need a cup run so need to win but I imagine there will be a lot of changes.

Captain Scarlet

In terms of defenders I see some rumours doing the rounds re Godin to United. Then the usual Twitter craic saying he is nearly 33 and finished but feck sake he was one of the best men at the World Cup and was never quick. He has a serious brain and if he has legs beside him then he could really run a back line.
Plus he is on a free and not the type of lad who is going to act the bollox.
You would Dalot is worth the punt too once he gets bedded in. I don't think anyone can underestimate the fact that Jose must be horrible for young players to work with so a few lads coming back in or through the ranks are other potential ways to shore up the rear.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

general

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 03, 2019, 10:45:41 AM
Team selection will be interesting on Saturday. Need a cup run so need to win but I imagine there will be a lot of changes.

Hope to see Greenwood, Chong, Gomes all get game time. Expect Lukaku, Sanchez to start.

I was at the Arsenal Game in Dec, Dalot looked good and improved in the games after this - I would imagine Valencia hasnt a whole pile of time left within the 11. He sure was poor last night.

johnnycool

The game was at deadlock till the Newcastle keeper spilled a straightforward save into the path of Lukaka who bundled it home. The confidence grew from there, but Newcastle are a very limited lot.

magpie seanie

Quote from: johnnycool on January 03, 2019, 01:39:35 PM
The game was at deadlock till the Newcastle keeper spilled a straightforward save into the path of Lukaka who bundled it home. The confidence grew from there, but Newcastle are a very limited lot.

United were well on top without creating too many chances. To suggest otherwise is very inaccurate. And it wasn't a straightforward save. Very difficult to hold those types of shots.