Mid life crisis

Started by The Iceman, July 26, 2018, 08:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: redzone on July 29, 2018, 06:57:20 PM
May I suggest the Allingham arms hotel in bundoran for a Saturday night out for any of you older generation that are single. Mate does be at and says if you can dance you will sorted no bother

your ''mate''.  Yea sure...   ;) ;)

Orior

Quote from: GJL on July 30, 2018, 09:19:09 AM
Quote from: redzone on July 29, 2018, 06:57:20 PM
May I suggest the Allingham arms hotel in bundoran for a Saturday night out for any of you older generation that are single. Mate does be at and says if you can dance you will sorted no bother

your ''mate''.  Yea sure...   ;) ;)

Is that one of those second hand shops?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

illdecide

The Bee Hive bar in Lurgan is full off 35-55 year olds out looking their fill of it, all divorced/separated (or the odd one looking his/her cake and eating it too). Wouldn't have a clue what to even say to a woman now if i was after one, they way i'm spoilt a new one would stick me about a week if i was lucky.
Marriage is strange alright, there are times i think my wife hates my guts and visa versa and then other times we just dislike each other
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The Iceman

Quote from: Puckoon on July 28, 2018, 04:17:12 AM
I got married at 24 to a girl I had NO business marrying. I thought it would make her happy and I had to justify the huge decision to go to America after college. Big mistake - but despite the beating and bruising, I have a gorgeous 10 year old darling girl who is the apple of my eye to show for it.

I met another girl when my daughter was 1 and her mother and I were divorced and we will be 7 years married this fall. Since we met, 9 years ago - life has been a long battle. Making mortgage payments on a condo after I got kicked out of grad school. Paying for work permits and masters degrees after failing my PhD. Not getting home for 3 years during all the immigration stuff. Finally getting a job at 28 making $17 an hour. I've done well this last 8 years and now pay more in tax than my first job paid in gross salary.

Now I'm 37 and I don't have to struggle for anything. First time in 16 years life has been a doddle - and its NOW that I find myself feeling this "crisis" feeling settling in. Life is comfortable, there is no struggle - and within that lies the struggle. I think its a very interesting time in our lives. We are happy, we are comfortable - but it a strange feeling to not have to be battling the odds at the moment. It is very much wash, rinse - and repeat. I have my daughter half the time and that is certainly not ideal - but you get used to it.

It could be worse I suppose - but it's definitely weird!
thanks for the honesty here Puck! and for your's Eamonn!

Crisis, like I said, is a very negative word and I wish I had painted it better originally.  I think there are loads of lads wondering about life and family and time and change. To call it self-absorbed is a complete misunderstanding of the post. I'm thinking about life and time so I can give more of both to my wife and kids. 
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Milltown Row2

These threads take many different routes!!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 28, 2018, 07:15:14 PM
It seems like now it's all done on Tinder and the like.  No need to actually talk to a girl anymore, it seems.
The fun was always in the chase.

It's not that long ago that I had to phone the landline in the wife's house and her dad answered the phone and you had to ask to talk to her.
Tell young ones that today and they are aghast!

I met my wife on Tinder. Still had to meet her at the pub and see if we could get along though. It's not all automated.

Dire Ear

No offence Eamon,  but I thought Tinder was just a joint for a ridin' session? ???

Over the Bar

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 01, 2018, 10:17:28 AM
No offence Eamon,  but I thought Tinder was just a joint for a ridin' session? ???

I'm sure Eamon is getting some given his marital status?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 01, 2018, 10:25:32 AM
Quote from: Dire Ear on August 01, 2018, 10:17:28 AM

I'm sure Eamon is getting some given his marital status?

Far from it....you can have that type if you want but there's far more 'real' people on it.