Martin Mc Guinness Passes Away at 66

Started by vallankumous, January 09, 2017, 10:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Martin McGuinness and Adams for that matter weren't charged with any offence quite simply because they were talking to the Brits from the early '70's. For the Brits to remove them from the process would have led to further instability and no chance of getting Republicans talking. It was simply expedient and this is typical behaviour of colonising powers right back to Pilate and Jesus. Only difference being Pilate gave into the baying mob.

OakleafCounty

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 12, 2017, 10:24:22 AM
Martin McGuinness and Adams for that matter weren't charged with any offence quite simply because they were talking to the Brits from the early '70's. For the Brits to remove them from the process would have led to further instability and no chance of getting Republicans talking. It was simply expedient and this is typical behaviour of colonising powers right back to Pilate and Jesus. Only difference being Pilate gave into the baying mob.

I think comparing him to Jesus is going a bit far. Though delivering a UI at the moment would be a miracle.

DuffleKing

Conor Murphy will be the next DFM. He's the best SF have, which projects very poorly.

5 Sams

Quote from: podge on January 12, 2017, 08:02:04 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 10, 2017, 09:46:12 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on January 10, 2017, 09:29:24 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on January 10, 2017, 06:31:06 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 10, 2017, 06:16:08 PM
Quote from: uimhr ocht on January 10, 2017, 06:09:38 PM
He deserves credit along with adams for politically trying to bring an end to the orange state,in 1998 the maze was full of  republicans they got released under GFA,the ruc was disbanded,and republicans were in power at stormont,30 years ago this was unimaginable it was an orange state for the protestant people,no equality or civil rights.I think MI5 had played a part in trying to undermine mc guiness when he was in power at stormont by claiming he was an agent dirty tricks more likely.

He is by far the most statesmanlike politician we have had in the north in the past 10-15 years. He has done an incredible job for the peace process and it is really sad to see him looking so unwell. For the sake of us all it would be great to see him make a recovery.

Nail on head there ....   He's the best statesman we have and he's genuinely tried his best .... I hope he's ok !!

Given his background the fact he was able to get Paisley on board as one of his buddies indicates he has serious charisma and had enormous credibility as a politician over the last 10 plus years...ffs I even saw a pic of him and Arlene arm in arm at some event laughing their heads off together a few years ago.
Just goes to show the quality available on the other side of the house[/b][/i], that the Unionists thought they didn't need for so many years. Compare to Gregory Campbell, mar shampla

Seriously, where's the depth of quality on 'this side of the house'?  With Martin gone, temporarily or otherwise, it has brought to a head very clear succession issues.  Adams is and always has been a liability that Martin was able to keep in check.  Plenty of balloons like Carol Ni Chuilin and other to match Gregory.  Very noticeable jockeying for positions in the last few weeks and surprised at M O'Neill being thrust forward yesterday as the spokesman with Conor Murphy standing obediently at her side and Martin O Muiller no where in sight

Lets face it, SF are all over the place as well and there has been several U-turns in the last few by them as well.

Pearse Doherty is probably the most capable bod they have but they need him in the Dáil.
The Aristocrat Years

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: DuffleKing on January 12, 2017, 11:45:59 AM

Conor Murphy will be the next DFM. He's the best SF have, which projects very poorly.

My bet will be Michelle O'Neill. When you get past the snobbish sneers about the way she talks you find what she has to say is very articulate. Best SF have by a clear distance.

Hardy

What's P. O'Neill doing these days?

Eamonnca1

Mairtin O'Muilleoir's a capable chap. A smart cookie, very progressive, but been around long enough to know the kind of the DUP and wouldn't be a bit naive.

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on January 12, 2017, 12:37:27 PM
What's P. O'Neill doing these days?
I think he was working as a fixer for Denis Ô Brien in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Changed his name to Kurtz
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

stew

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on January 12, 2017, 11:56:35 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on January 12, 2017, 11:45:59 AM

My bet will be Michelle O'Neill. When you get past the snobbish sneers about the way she talks you find what she has to say is very articulate. Best SF have by a clear distance.

Michelle Gildernew is probably too republican for the shinners, by all accounts she did a great job in the agriculture sector.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.