Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Gaffer on January 13, 2017, 06:43:04 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 13, 2017, 05:24:32 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on January 13, 2017, 04:56:56 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on January 13, 2017, 02:43:34 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 13, 2017, 12:41:35 AM
[
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4114714/Martin-McGuinness-just-six-years-live-diagnosed-rare-life-threatening-genetic-disease.html

If it's in the Daily Mail then it must be true.

Why would anyone remotely connected with the GAA Board be reading/ quoting the Daily Mail?
Beggars belief.

Can't wait to hear what is wrong with it!!!

You have to be on the wind up!

Quote from: Gaffer on January 12, 2017, 10:15:32 PM

What I mean was , what was wrong with posting a link from the paper. The Nag boyo thinks anyone remotely connected with the GAA board should not be reading the Daily Mail. I read it , mostly for the sport but posted this because I thought it may be of interest considering the topic.

He is absolutely 100% right.  No right thinking individual should look near that poisonous rag,  never mind an Irish person.  It's mind blowing that paper has a readership on this island.  Have a word with yourself Gaffer

No wides

Quote from: Avondhu star on January 14, 2017, 08:06:15 PM
Quote from: stew on January 13, 2017, 05:22:44 PM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on January 12, 2017, 11:56:35 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on January 12, 2017, 11:45:59 AM

Conor Murphy will be the next DFM. He's the best SF have, which projects very poorly.

My bet will be Michelle O'Neill. When you get past the snobbish sneers about the way she talks you find what she has to say is very articulate. Best SF have by a clear distance.

Michelle Gildernew is probably too republican for the shinners, by all accounts she did a great job in the agriculture sector.

"By all accounts" What part of the cows arse were you listening to?

Are you touring with this material. Did you forget Ollys password?

HiMucker

Quote from: JoG2 on January 14, 2017, 08:27:22 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on January 13, 2017, 06:43:04 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 13, 2017, 05:24:32 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on January 13, 2017, 04:56:56 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on January 13, 2017, 02:43:34 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 13, 2017, 12:41:35 AM
[
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4114714/Martin-McGuinness-just-six-years-live-diagnosed-rare-life-threatening-genetic-disease.html

If it's in the Daily Mail then it must be true.

Why would anyone remotely connected with the GAA Board be reading/ quoting the Daily Mail?
Beggars belief.

Can't wait to hear what is wrong with it!!!

You have to be on the wind up!

Quote from: Gaffer on January 12, 2017, 10:15:32 PM

What I mean was , what was wrong with posting a link from the paper. The Nag boyo thinks anyone remotely connected with the GAA board should not be reading the Daily Mail. I read it , mostly for the sport but posted this because I thought it may be of interest considering the topic.

He is absolutely 100% right.  No right thinking individual should look near that poisonous rag,  never mind an Irish person.  It's mind blowing that paper has a readership on this island.  Have a word with yourself Gaffer
100%.  I am no way upcasting, never mind some of the shite they print now, but the dailymail printed some of the most heinous anti irish articles and headlines over the years.  Anything printed or quoted from them regarding ireland should be taken with a huge pinch of salt.  Now any Irishman made aware of the fact and still chooses to buy these rags definitely needs to have a word with themselves.  Still shocked tickle supports the irish star.

Gaffer

Can I watch the BBC/ ITN news then? 😛😛😛😛

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Gaffer

Some great Irishmen on this forum. They ll get us a United Ireland😀😀😀😀😀

give her dixie

Quote from: AQMP on January 16, 2017, 12:39:50 PM
Michelle O'Neill doing the talking for SF today in the Assembly.

If I was a betting man, I would put money on her to take over from McGuinness.

The only thing that would stop her is if her name was involved in this RHI debatable.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Gaffer

My money would be on Conor Murphy

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Boycey on January 16, 2017, 05:23:15 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on January 16, 2017, 05:06:52 PM

I can't put my hands on the original piece in the Indo but would this not make life difficult for Murphy

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/familys-fury-that-conor-murphy-may-replace-mcguinness-35367062.html

Edit: original article http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/parents-of-man-beaten-to-death-by-ira-will-be-utterly-disgusted-if-murphy-replaces-mcguinness-35367166.html
poor grieving parents

but that's fcuk all to do with Murphy

he has gone off the radar a bit in recent years but id have thought 10 years ago he was a future leader of sf
v good from the bit I saw of him back then

quinn being killed is nothing to do with Murphy so has no resonance here

stew

Quote from: Avondhu star on January 14, 2017, 08:06:15 PM
Quote from: stew on January 13, 2017, 05:22:44 PM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on January 12, 2017, 11:56:35 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on January 12, 2017, 11:45:59 AM

Conor Murphy will be the next DFM. He's the best SF have, which projects very poorly.

My bet will be Michelle O'Neill. When you get past the snobbish sneers about the way she talks you find what she has to say is very articulate. Best SF have by a clear distance.

Michelle Gildernew is probably too republican for the shinners, by all accounts she did a great job in the agriculture sector.

"By all accounts" What part of the cows arse were you listening to?

The part that spat you out its hole newbie!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Avondhu star

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 16, 2017, 06:43:11 PM
Quote from: Boycey on January 16, 2017, 05:23:15 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on January 16, 2017, 05:06:52 PM

I can't put my hands on the original piece in the Indo but would this not make life difficult for Murphy

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/familys-fury-that-conor-murphy-may-replace-mcguinness-35367062.html

Edit: original article http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/parents-of-man-beaten-to-death-by-ira-will-be-utterly-disgusted-if-murphy-replaces-mcguinness-35367166.html
poor grieving parents

but that's fcuk all to do with Murphy

he has gone off the radar a bit in recent years but id have thought 10 years ago he was a future leader of sf
v good from the bit I saw of him back then

quinn being killed is nothing to do with Murphy so has no resonance here

How do you know that? Murphy has the personality of a box of Weetabix. O Neill is more in touch with the grassroots and can keep Belfast on side
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

gallsman

McGuinness formally quits politics. A titan of Irish history.

Rossfan

He certainly lived through interesting times.
Best wishes and hope he gets better health wise.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

What was the nonsense about him not quitting because of the illness? I suppose it's consistent with SF that you lie going out the door too.

McGuiness, like Paisley, saw some sense at the end. Doesn't wash away the blood on his hands either, but at least he was more honest about his involvement than Adams.

Sad that his last act was to leave the north in its biggest shambles in a decade or more.

podge

Quote from: Syferus on January 19, 2017, 06:43:51 PM
What was the nonsense about him not quitting because of the illness? I suppose it's consistent with SF that you lie going out the door too.

McGuiness, like Paisley, saw some sense at the end. Doesn't wash away the blood on his hands either, but at least he was more honest about his involvement than Adams.

Sad that his last act was to leave the north in its biggest shambles in a decade or more.

Where was that said?  he has made it quite clear it he was not standing again because of illness. 

He had said that quitting as deputy first minister wasn't because of his illness which I assume is still the case.  2 different things