Martin Mc Guinness Passes Away at 66

Started by vallankumous, January 09, 2017, 10:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

theticklemister

Now Ireland is very funny place sir, it's a strange and troubled land
And the Irish are a bloody funny race sir, every girl is in the cumman na mban
Every doggie has a tri-coloured ribbon tied firmly to its tail
And wouldn't it surprising if there be another rising, said yer man from the  £$"%^ &%*(

Gaffer

Quote from: JoG2 on January 13, 2017, 05:24:32 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on January 13, 2017, 04:56:56 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on January 13, 2017, 02:43:34 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 13, 2017, 12:41:35 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on January 12, 2017, 10:15:32 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4114714/Martin-McGuinness-just-six-years-live-diagnosed-rare-life-threatening-genetic-disease.html

If it's in the Daily Mail then it must be true.

Why would anyone remotely connected with the GAA Board be reading/ quoting the Daily Mail?
Beggars belief.

Can't wait to hear what is wrong with it!!!

What I mean was , what was wrong with posting a link from the paper. The Nag boyo thinks anyone remotely connected with the GAA board should not be reading the Daily Mail. I read it , mostly for the sport but posted this because I thought it may be of interest considering the topic.

You have to be on the wind up!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Syferus

The free state media. Don't trust it either. I only get my information from the quarterly Shin Fein newsletter.

armaghniac

Quote from: stew on January 13, 2017, 05:22:44 PM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on January 12, 2017, 11:56:35 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on January 12, 2017, 11:45:59 AM

Conor Murphy will be the next DFM. He's the best SF have, which projects very poorly.

My bet will be Michelle O'Neill. When you get past the snobbish sneers about the way she talks you find what she has to say is very articulate. Best SF have by a clear distance.

Michelle Gildernew is probably too republican for the shinners, by all accounts she did a great job in the agriculture sector.

What happened Michelle Gildernew, she definitely seem among the more competent (albeit without much competition)?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

I think she was replaced by the now ex- candidate Phil Flanagan in FST.

Orior

Máirtín Ó Muilleoir is head and shoulders above every other MLA in Sinn Fein and Stormont.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Take Your Points

Quote from: Orior on January 13, 2017, 10:31:47 PM
Máirtín Ó Muilleoir is head and shoulders above every other MLA in Sinn Fein and Stormont.

Really.  A Finance minister who has been failed to present a draft budget by the January before it was required and has spent the last few days doing anything but getting the figures on the table so that the budget process could begin.  Too busy releasing press statements via Sinn Fein about taking legal advice on lawyers being able to speak Irish in court and about artwork.  No word about his promise to forensically analyse Hamilton's proposed regulation on reducing the RHI costs, is it a worthwhile plan or just a sticking plaster.  What did he do about RHI from taking office in May 2016 until the BBC really lit the fire under Stormont?  Where were the financial controls on department spending, e.g. Givan was allowed to spend £98k more than the £200k he had been given to spend on marching band instruments, not just Givan to blame. What penalties were in place?  This is only one example of massive overspends without control and the RHI waste was allowed to run at £85k a day since the executive came to power last May while schools and hospitals ran on empty.  Why did Finance dept borrow millions to make civil servants to be made redundant and then allow temp staff to be brought in at additional cost to make up for the staff who were leaving with overly generous redundancy packages when compared to the private sector where people were being laid off on a pittance? The waste has been sinful.  Imagine if the hundreds of millions spent on making civil servants redundant had been spent on infrastructure and all of the jobs that could have been created. 

Last night, he was put up against P Givan on BBC and never once questioned about his own failure to present a budget having postponed its delivery all along.  He was allowed to be a flat track bully in dealing with Givan who was a fool to appear on TV and do continual somersaults on his decisions. Anyone could have made Givan look like a complete fool in the current circumstances. 

He is a TV performer but where is the substance required to deliver on his role as finance minister, that is measured by having a draft budget out for consultation and examination and then ready for the new financial year.  It is measured by the control on expenditure across the departments, the prevention of waste and overspending at will by other ministers and the lack of a strategic plan fo investment, expenditure and accountability. 

Dougal Maguire

You're wrong there chief. He did produce a budget and presented in to the Executive as he's required to do, before it goes to the Assembly. DUP wouldn't endorse it.
Careful now

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 13, 2017, 08:59:53 PM
I think she was replaced by the now ex- candidate Phil Flanagan in FST.

She was reinstated as a candidate, along with Phil Flanagan, and won her seat. Didn't get a Department, which was a shame. Very good minister.
Testing Accessibility

Dougal Maguire

No Zig she wasn't a very good Minister, she was an excellent Minister.
Careful now

armaghniac

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 14, 2017, 01:48:33 PM
No Zig she wasn't a very good Minister, she was an excellent Minister.

That would be my view.
So either she doesn't toe the party line sufficiently or has some other reason (health/family?) for not wishing to have a top job.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Real Talk

For some reason she initially wasn't nominated to stand as a party candidate in the last ellection

Avondhu star

Quote from: stew on January 13, 2017, 05:22:44 PM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on January 12, 2017, 11:56:35 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on January 12, 2017, 11:45:59 AM

Conor Murphy will be the next DFM. He's the best SF have, which projects very poorly.

My bet will be Michelle O'Neill. When you get past the snobbish sneers about the way she talks you find what she has to say is very articulate. Best SF have by a clear distance.

Michelle Gildernew is probably too republican for the shinners, by all accounts she did a great job in the agriculture sector.

"By all accounts" What part of the cows arse were you listening to?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you