Just back from a few days in the Free State

Started by T Fearon, April 18, 2017, 10:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Pleasant enough experience,and never paid more than €5.70 for a pint anywhere in Dublin or Wicklow.Amazed to see the shops all open in Dublin on Easter Monday, and a drive round Killiney on a good morning never fails to inspire.

Only poor experience was being hastily ushered out of the Pro Cathedral at 12 noon on Easter Monday by a jobsworth,after I had literally just stepped over the threshold? Apparently he had to lock up? At noon? What is that all about?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Quote from: ONeill on April 18, 2017, 10:39:40 PM
He probably knew ye.

;D
Archbishop Martin has you on a banned list of  ultra orthodox doctrinaire old fashioned Catholics.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

They never built a decent cathedral despite all the power and money they had. The pro cathedral was supposed to be a temporary arrangement.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Avondhu star

Quote from: T Fearon on April 18, 2017, 10:36:55 PM
Pleasant enough experience,and never paid more than €5.70 for a pint anywhere in Dublin or Wicklow.Amazed to see the shops all open in Dublin on Easter Monday, and a drive round Killiney on a good morning never fails to inspire.

Only poor experience was being hastily ushered out of the Pro Cathedral at 12 noon on Easter Monday by a jobsworth,after I had literally just stepped over the threshold? Apparently he had to lock up? At noon? What is that all about?

Probably thought you would reef out the collection boxes.
Where exactly is this Free State you visited?
Your British education (or lack of) is letting you down
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you