Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: whitey on September 15, 2019, 10:01:00 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 15, 2019, 04:11:59 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on September 15, 2019, 02:51:05 PM
Quote from: WhoDat on September 15, 2019, 02:45:06 PM
david moran cost Kerry, I thought
he was shocking in the second half

Kicked a few wides as did other Kerry players but he was their standout player this year IMO. There wouldn't have been a replay without him.

Agreed. What age is he? Kerry will need him if they want to win an all Ireland any time soon

I remarked to someone yesterday that if Aiden O Se did what Moran did yesterday that caused the goal we'd never hear the end of it

He was poor for the goal no doubt and I would say you are correct about AOS. It did look like a rehearsed move from Kerry that went wrong tho

Whishtup

Testament to Dublin that they were able to bring on Connolly and still win. Bar one sweet pass, he was piss poor and could have cost them the game.  Must be hard to watch for Dublin players on the sidelines that have been putting in the hard yards all year.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Whishtup on September 15, 2019, 10:20:44 PM
Testament to Dublin that they were able to bring on Connolly and still win. Bar one sweet pass, he was piss poor and could have cost them the game.  Must be hard to watch for Dublin players on the sidelines that have been putting in the hard yards all year.

Yes, he turned over ball at least 3 times coming into the home front. When possession was the name of the game.

highorlow

Time will tell, obviously as a Dub fan there is no need to point out the hammerings Dublin have handed out to teams after half time in games....

Results this year back this up:

HT - Kildare 4 down, lost by 14
HT - Meath  4 down, lost by 16
HT - Cork 6 down, lost by 13
HT - Roscommon, forget this one
HT-  Mayo 2 up, lost by 10.

This trend would have been maintained had there been 15 v 15 for the whole game, Kerry may only have lost by 7 though as they are the second best squad in Ireland now.

AIF, HT - Draw

Dublin win by 6.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

giveballaghback

I remarked to someone yesterday that if Aiden O Se did what Moran did yesterday that caused the goal we'd never hear the end of it
Everything comes back to what would or would not be said about the rhubarbs, sure the whole football worlds revolves around them. ;D

From the Bunker

Quote from: giveballaghback on September 15, 2019, 10:58:29 PM

Everything comes back to what would or would not be said about the rhubarbs, sure the whole football worlds revolves around them. ;D

We had the guts of a decade people talking about us. It's hard to let go!

screenexile

Kerry badly caught out by a set play from Dublin. . . they played it perfectly and got the little bit of luck for Murchan to pick up the ball the way he did. O'Brien was taken out of it by Fenton as he was trying to chase as well. It was very well executed but should have been blown for overcarrying from Murchan.

Yes he was being fouled but as far as I'm aware if he overcarries they have to come back for the original foul and Lane didn't have his hand up anyway.

It was end to end stuff between 2 very good teams thank god the game has evolved you could watch the Dubs and Kerry play all day long.

Taylor

Quote from: screenexile on September 16, 2019, 09:27:18 AM
Kerry badly caught out by a set play from Dublin. . . they played it perfectly and got the little bit of luck for Murchan to pick up the ball the way he did. O'Brien was taken out of it by Fenton as he was trying to chase as well. It was very well executed but should have been blown for overcarrying from Murchan.

Yes he was being fouled but as far as I'm aware if he overcarries they have to come back for the original foul and Lane didn't have his hand up anyway.

It was end to end stuff between 2 very good teams thank god the game has evolved you could watch the Dubs and Kerry play all day long.

I would say you could watch the first half all day long but not the second. First half was two good teams going hell for leather.

Once the goal went in there was an air of inevitability about it all and it was back to the blanket defence when Kerry pulled 15 behind the ball even when they were behind on the scoreboard.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

In  a normal situation a very good team starts to get tired after 4 or 5 years . The Dubs have a conveyor belt of talent to override this.
I don't know what the GAA expects to happen
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hound

Quote from: seafoid on September 16, 2019, 10:12:53 AM

In  a normal situation a very good team starts to get tired after 4 or 5 years . The Dubs have a conveyor belt of talent to override this.
Considering Kildare and Meath match us or beat us at minor level, do they also have the conveyor belt? And what about all the other counties winning minor and U20 titles at provincial and national? Kerry have the best conveyor belt for sure, Cork's is decent too.

Dublin's conveyor belt at midfield and half forward doesn't seem so hot at the moment and we had to bring Connolly back. We've a lot of talent in the FF and HB lines, in the other lines a few injuries would see a serious fallback. We've been very lucky with injuries in the 5 in a row run. 

bcarrier

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 15, 2019, 10:22:35 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on September 15, 2019, 10:20:44 PM

Yes, he turned over ball at least 3 times coming into the home front. When possession was the name of the game.

I saw it that way too.

Well done to the Dubs. They are a great team and seem to always find a way to get it done. Until Cluxton goes I think it will stay that way and six and maybe even seven in a row are probable.
Con O'Callaghan should have been black carded but couldnt buy a free after it. The goal should have been blown for steps but remarkable to think it was a pre planned move (blocking and all).

It is up to the others to raise their standards but it will be difficult given the levels Dublin have got to. If you are a believer in the 10,000 hour rule the rest have a lot of time to put in. Kerry didnt look as fit over the two games - Murphy and Foley both went down with cramp ? They can work on that but need to find a bit more steel as well. If Tyrone spent less time on dark arts and more time playing football they can contend as well. Donegal also possible. Anyway it was good sport.

seafoid

Quote from: Hound on September 16, 2019, 10:31:04 AM

Considering Kildare and Meath match us or beat us at minor level, do they also have the conveyor belt? And what about all the other counties winning minor and U20 titles at provincial and national? Kerry have the best conveyor belt for sure, Cork's is decent too.

Dublin's conveyor belt at midfield and half forward doesn't seem so hot at the moment and we had to bring Connolly back. We've a lot of talent in the FF and HB lines, in the other lines a few injuries would see a serious fallback. We've been very lucky with injuries in the 5 in a row run.

The conveyor belt seems to start at u20, Hound
Look at the titles in Leinster
It's all about where this is going.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Halfquarter

Quote from: seafoid on September 16, 2019, 10:51:28 AM
Quote from: Hound on September 16, 2019, 10:31:04 AM

The conveyor belt seems to start at u20, Hound
Look at the titles in Leinster
It's all about where this is going.

You can't pump up 17/18 year old players so there is more of a level playing field.

Dublin's big advantage comes in their Strength and Conditioning ,they have the sponsors to do it and
the science behind it down to professional levels.

Someone described them as having arms like bullocks necks ,probably won't mean much to the Dubs but the rest of the country will understand. !

The Trap

4 ifs from All Ireland Final:

If Cathal McShane had of hauled down Tadgh Morley in the way Con O'Callaghan did would Spillane have said it was a black card? Answer YES

If Tiernan McCann scored the goal Murchan did would Spillane have said he took too many steps? Answer YES

If Tyrone played a counter attacking game a la Kerry would Spillane have called it a blanket defence? Answer YES

If Tyrone fans were fighting on Hill 16 like Kerry fans would it have made National headlines? Answer YES

TOTAL BIAS IN RTE AND WITHOUT BROLLY THERE IT WAS A REAL DUBLIN/KERRY LOVE IN!