Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2018, 01:26:31 PM
Quote from: trailer on November 28, 2018, 01:17:50 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 28, 2018, 01:12:51 PM
Quote from: trailer on November 28, 2018, 01:08:07 PM
Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on November 28, 2018, 11:49:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uAounOTBYw

Ahh Jasus.
Fair enough, I give me.
Brexit means farmers out of a job, steroids in our beef, chlorine chickens, Ecoli in our lettuce and maggots in our fruit. Everyone happy now?

How do Americans survive?

Badly, especially the poor;

https://stateofobesity.org/data/

American food standards are a race to the bottom as the large lobby groups from these sectors wield far too much power.

Home come 1/3 of children in the UK are obese?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/childhood-obesity-a-plan-for-action/childhood-obesity-a-plan-for-action

Lazy ass parents feeding their kids crap food.. and the fact that shit food is cheaper than actually making a dinner with natural ingredients .. But mainly lazy parents :)

So, poor food standards in the US is making people fat, but in the UK it's lazy parents.
So either way, Brexit or No Brexit we're getting fat?
If the US food is cheaper then shouldn't we be supporting Brexit if we're gonna get fat either way? At least we'll be richer. No?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on November 28, 2018, 01:31:33 PM

Ahh Jasus.
Fair enough, I give me.
Brexit means farmers out of a job, steroids in our beef, chlorine chickens, Ecoli in our lettuce and maggots in our fruit. Everyone happy now?

American food standards are a race to the bottom as the large lobby groups from these sectors wield far too much power.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/childhood-obesity-a-plan-for-action/childhood-obesity-a-plan-for-action

Lazy ass parents feeding their kids crap food.. and the fact that shit food is cheaper than actually making a dinner with natural ingredients .. But mainly lazy parents :)

So, poor food standards in the US is making people fat, but in the UK it's lazy parents.
If the US food is cheaper then shouldn't we be supporting Brexit if we're gonna get fat either way? At least we'll be richer. No?

Your kids will get fat if you don't feed them right, simples. we are talking about kids, after they can afford their own food they can buy what they want.. Brexit won't make your kids fat, just lazy parents who can't be assed feeding their kids correctly.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Ahh Jasus.
Fair enough, I give me.

Cant see a belly full of maggots making you fat but it might make you sick, why are you combining two different subjects. Its not really strengthening your case.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

trailer

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on November 28, 2018, 01:41:38 PM

Ahh Jasus.
Fair enough, I give me.

Cant see a belly full of maggots making you fat but it might make you sick, why are you combining two different subjects. Its not really strengthening your case.

I'm not. Others are. Johnnycool and MR2 L think.
Look, I appreciate your point. I get it that American standards are lower. I understand it. I just think everyone is getting carried away on headlines of Chlorinated Chicken.
The UK hasn't left the EU yet. They haven't done any trade deals with any countries let alone the USA. Now, who knows, a future trade deal with the US may or may not involve chlorinated chicken or Ecoli lettuce coming into the UK or TB infected cattle, or pig meat with dioxins heading out to them but I think everyone should take a deep breath and dial down the sensationalist hyperbole just a tad.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trailer on November 28, 2018, 09:56:17 AM
It's utterly stupid, sensationalist, hyperbole. I am not in favour of Brexit at all but we need just a little bit of perspective and stop peddling complete shite.

Your not exactly adding much beyond saying its hyperbole.

Want to explain what you think would happen with a free trade agreement with the US and why its at least fine at best good?
i usse an speelchekor

trailer

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on November 28, 2018, 01:56:03 PM
Quote from: trailer on November 28, 2018, 09:56:17 AM
It's utterly stupid, sensationalist, hyperbole. I am not in favour of Brexit at all but we need just a little bit of perspective and stop peddling complete shite.

Your not exactly adding much beyond saying its hyperbole.

Want to explain what you think would happen with a free trade agreement with the US and why its at least fine at best good?

So in order to dismiss wild speculation on the content of FTA between the UK and USA, you want me to wildly speculate on what would be in a FTA between the USA and the UK?
Honestly I don't know. You don't know and one sure thing is a load of GAA fans on the Internet don't know either. But definitely chlorinated chicken and beef with steroids. 

north_antrim_hound

Is nobody on here concerned that the FSA in the uk without any jurisdiction from Europe in the event of Brexit are planning to take regulation away from the public sector and hand it over to private commercial firms.  A recipe for disfunctional regulation and healthy standard of regulation is gone in favour of personal gain.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trailer on November 28, 2018, 02:06:50 PM
So in order to dismiss wild speculation on the content of FTA between the UK and USA, you want me to wildly speculate on what would be in a FTA between the USA and the UK?

You are just saying because you don't know for sure that it won't take a form highly advantageous to the USA that it then won't take a form highly advantageous to the USA?

Do you somehow not see the fuckwits we have that'd be doing the negotiations?
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on November 28, 2018, 02:07:12 PM
Is nobody on here concerned that the FSA in the uk without any jurisdiction from Europe in the event of Brexit are planning to take regulation away from the public sector and hand it over to private commercial firms.  A recipe for disfunctional regulation and healthy standard of regulation is gone in favour of personal gain.

Concerned - yes.

Surprised - no.

Is there anything that can be done about it? Probably not. Fuckwits will put it to "consultation", ignore those that say it is bad and do it anyway.

Representative democracy is a broken system. Furthermore it was a system designed in a time when the fastest means of communication was homing pigeon, horseback or smoke signals.

Question: Would any of the current cabinet be suitably qualified to take on a similar role in industry? Would they f**k. Their CV wouldn't make it beyond the first 5 lines of reading.
i usse an speelchekor

trueblue1234

Will demand not decide how much of this beefed up US meat and Kentucky Fried Chlorinated chicken comes onto the market. Surely the local suppliers will be advertising their products as local produce and free from the above. So if people still buy this and avoid the US stuff then will that not prevent the flood onto the market?
I understand there's going to be a price premium for the local meat and that there will be a market for the lower priced imported produce but surely it'll just be a choice rather than having to go for the imported options. Or am I missing something?

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 28, 2018, 02:44:33 PM
Will demand not decide how much of this beefed up US meat and Kentucky Fried Chlorinated chicken comes onto the market. Surely the local suppliers will be advertising their products as local produce and free from the above. So if people still buy this and avoid the US stuff then will that not prevent the flood onto the market?
I understand there's going to be a price premium for the local meat and that there will be a market for the lower priced imported produce but surely it'll just be a choice rather than having to go for the imported options. Or am I missing something?

Will it though? if the current regulations that the EU use for this are not available then will farmers (local) not just cut corners to save a few bob? Farmers always complaining about not making enough money  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on November 28, 2018, 02:39:26 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on November 28, 2018, 02:07:12 PM

Concerned - yes.

Surprised - no.

Is there anything that can be done about it? Probably not. Fuckwits will put it to "consultation", ignore those that say it is bad and do it anyway.

Representative democracy is a broken system. Furthermore it was a system designed in a time when the fastest means of communication was homing pigeon, horseback or smoke signals.

Question: Would any of the current cabinet be suitably qualified to take on a similar role in industry? Would they f**k. Their CV wouldn't make it beyond the first 5 lines of reading.

Anyone with the interest of the people at heart wouldn't last to long.
But surely being part of the EU albeit flawed is better than this BS.  The more you learn how governments work the more depressed it gets. Maybe we should stop writing s..t on boards and be more like the french. Macron is finding out the hard way that you can't hoodwink the electorate and if you do expect a backlash.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2018, 02:51:48 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 28, 2018, 02:44:33 PM

Will it though? if the current regulations that the EU use for this are not available then will farmers (local) not just cut corners to save a few bob? Farmers always complaining about not making enough money  ;)
Yeah but there will always be the option of paying a bit more and getting the better quality. Similar to your options on Free range/ caged eggs. I'm aware it'll corner a part of the market but don't think it will be as wide spread as discussed here.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 28, 2018, 02:44:33 PMSurely the local suppliers will be advertising their products as local produce and free from the above.

Deal could stipulate that you cannot label food with country of origin.

The USA is generally opposed to Country Of Origin Labelling (COOL). Canada are no angels in this either:

https://www.iatp.org/documents/how-ceta-can-endanger-country-origin-labelling-cool

i usse an speelchekor

Rossfan

Hopefully ye folks will have voted for reunification before the Brits complete their super trade deals with Moldova, Haiti, Trumpistan etc
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM