12.50 Euro for the hotdog "deal" in croke park

Started by bcarrier, August 05, 2009, 03:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

with a "grab bag" included .  :o

and they were four deep in the queue.

DrinkingHarp

That is a deal compared to this............

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:56 pm EDT

The new Dallas Cowboys Stadium will offer $90 pizzas
By Chris Chase
The colossal new Dallas Cowboys Stadium is living proof that everything is bigger in Texas. The menu in the luxury suites proves that things there are more expensive too.

Those enjoying a Cowboys game from a luxury suite at the new stadium will have to shell out $90 for pizza and $66 for a 12-pack of domestic beer, reports Steven Sipple of the Lincoln Journal World. Ninety bucks for pizza? That's almost as much of a rip-off as Roy Williams. 

It costs $800,000 per year to lease one of those luxury suites, a hefty sum that doesn't include game tickets. On the bright side, the stadium's official Web site says that "having your company's name on a suite makes an important statement about your success" and can help make an impression on clients. (Namely that they're paying you way too much money.)

As for the $90 pizza, that's the cost for a plain pizza. No word on how much each topping costs but, suffice it to say, if you're a fan of pepperoni you may want to consider refinancing your mortgage before you head down to watch the Cowboys.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Tankie

I wish they had some healthy options when in came to food in the stadium..
Grand Slam Saturday!

ExiledGael

Quote from: bcarrier on August 05, 2009, 03:43:31 PM
with a "grab bag" included .  :o

and they were four deep in the queue.

Welcome to the republic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Hereiam got a free shag in one of the toilets...thats good value
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

I pity people with kids who have no real option when it comes to this .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: Gnevin on August 05, 2009, 10:54:39 PM
Another reason for contraception.....
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

pintsofguinness

They have no option but to buy a 12 euro hotdog?

Tankie's looking a wide variety of food.

Just how long do you boys be sitting in Croke Park? Is there some reason you can't bring stuff with you if you have to eat every hour?

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 05, 2009, 11:49:49 PM

Have you ever been around kids before? Do you know annoying and persistent they can be.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gnevin on August 06, 2009, 12:32:36 AM

Have you ever been around kids before? Do you know annoying and persistent they can be.

Yes, and you tell them no, or bring them in some sweets and tell them they'll get a hot dog on the way home! 

pintsofguinness

Quote from: hardstation on August 06, 2009, 12:56:32 AM
This has turned interesting and into another debate, it seems. When I was a kid, my da took me to loads of matches, all over the country. Club games, county games. Some not even involving my own club or county. Thinking back, I would have passed a fair few ice cream vans, shops etc but never asked for anything as I knew the answer would be no. Some kids my age used to bring their hurls for a puck about on the sideline. I remember asking my da could I bring my hurl and he said "No, you're there to watch the match". I said to my sister that I would bring my nephews to the Ulster final and she said "No, after 10 minutes they'd have you tortured looking for the shop etc" (which is probably true). I don't understand this?

Was my da just a cnut?

Nah, there was just some control on you.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Apart from anything else, the hot dogs at Croke Park are possibly the most horrible tasting things I've ever eaten in my life.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 06, 2009, 12:40:06 AM

Yes, and you tell them no, or bring them in some sweets and tell them they'll get a hot dog on the way home! 

Great problem solved so. You just you write a book on how to be the world's best parent .

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gnevin on August 06, 2009, 02:01:34 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 06, 2009, 12:40:06 AM

Great problem solved so. You just you write a book on how to be the world's best parent .

Is there some problem with that G? If you take children out to a shopping centre do you buy them everything they want? 

Id say the children would be more interested in sweets than hotdogs anyway.