O’Byrne Cup 2019-2020

Started by thejuice, December 04, 2019, 01:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: LooseCannon on January 06, 2020, 05:47:57 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 06, 2020, 01:03:09 PM
Ara whist with this aul negative talk.

We will welcome Carphone Dessie with open arms this Sat to Pearse Park.

Beat them 4 years ago with 7 All Ireland medal winners in the ranks. Longford have 3 games under the belt so expect a wee surprise.

Final will be in Portlaoise I would imagine.

Sure that it won't be in Mullingar? Surely handier for both counties. Unless ye're going to lose!
Final is usually played in the home venue of one of the finalists. Draw is normally made in advance, but can't find which of the two semis gets the nod this year.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 05, 2020, 02:14:16 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on January 05, 2020, 02:08:55 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 05, 2020, 12:51:47 AM
Nice of the Leinster council to give Dublin a Bye to the Semi-finals of this competition.

You just could not make this Sh1t up!

They need to have as much time as possible to get the holidays and functions out of the way , celebrity life is demanding .

True, You can't be asking a county with a long season ahead of them to be travelling with their 'C' team to obscure venues around Leinster? Semi final and final will probably be in Parnell Park.  ;D

The C team are on the way to the home of the Slashers this weekend.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Billys Boots

QuoteThe C team are on the way to the home of the Slashers this weekend.

Eh no.  The match will be in Pearse Park, not Farneyhoogan.  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 09, 2020, 10:32:15 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 05, 2020, 02:14:16 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on January 05, 2020, 02:08:55 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 05, 2020, 12:51:47 AM
Nice of the Leinster council to give Dublin a Bye to the Semi-finals of this competition.

You just could not make this Sh1t up!

They need to have as much time as possible to get the holidays and functions out of the way , celebrity life is demanding .

True, You can't be asking a county with a long season ahead of them to be travelling with their 'C' team to obscure venues around Leinster? Semi final and final will probably be in Parnell Park.  ;D

The C team are on the way to the home of the Slashers this weekend.

Jazes Croí. 2001 rang - it wants its joke back.

IronMike247

Westmeath - Offaly tomorrow should be interesting, usually has been close & fiery in the last few years.

How are Offaly looking under Maughan? Will ye be pushing for promotion or happy with staying up?

Blowitupref

Dublin have named a C or D team

1 Michael Shiel (St Sylvester's)

2 CJ Smith (Lucan Sarsfields)

3 Eoin O'Brien (Castleknock)

4 Darren Byrne (Raheny)

5 Niall McGovern (Na Fianna)

6 Graham Hannigan (Castleknock)

7 Cian Murphy (Thomas Davis)

8 Emmett ó Conghaile (Lucan Sarsfields)

9 Andy Foley (Clontarf)

10 Niall Walsh (St Oliver Plunkett/Eoghan Ruadh)

11 Dan O'Brien (Kilmacud Crokes)

12 Glenn O'Reilly (Na Fianna)

13 Killian O'Gara (Templeogue Synge St)

14 Niall O'Callaghan (Cuala)

15 Chris Sallier (Thomas Davis)

Subs

16 Craig Reilly (Trinity Gaels)

17 Ross McGowan (Kilmacud Crokes)

18 Seán Cleary (Lucan Sarsfields)

19 Eoin O'Dea (Na Fianna)

20 Tom Lahiff (St Jude's)

21 Ryan Deegan (Thomas Davis)

22 Nathan Doran (Clontarf)

23 Diarmaid McLoughlin (St Jude's)

24 Gerry Seaver (Ballyboughal)

25 David Quinn (Na Fianna)

26 Scott Fulham (St Anne's)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hound

With the circa 30 man panel in Bali and a number of the best youngsters on Sigerson duty, I'd say you could call it a mix between the C and D team. I'd need to see the list of who's playing Sigerson before getting too annoyed, but I'm not overjoyed with that list.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Hound on January 10, 2020, 08:48:19 PM
With the circa 30 man panel in Bali and a number of the best youngsters on Sigerson duty, I'd say you could call it a mix between the C and D team. I'd need to see the list of who's playing Sigerson before getting too annoyed, but I'm not overjoyed with that list.

The list of dubs involved in the sigerson Cup.

UCD: Liam Flatman (Kilmacud Crokes), Peadar ó Cofaigh Byrne (Cuala), Niall O'Leary (Kilmacud Crokes), Evan Caulfield (Clanna Gael Fontenoy), Seán Egan (St Brigid's), Con O'Callaghan (Cuala), Kieran Kennedy (Ballyboden St Enda's) and Cillian O'Shea (Kilmacud Crokes); Maynooth University: Daire Newcombe (Lucan Sarsfields) and Darragh Warnock (Castleknock); DCU Dochas Eireann: Declan Monaghan (Clontarf), Evan Comerford (Ballymun Kickhams), Paul Tolan (Nh Barróg), Seán Bugler (St Oliver Plunkett/Eoghan Ruadh), Stephen Smith (Skerries Harps), Tom Fox (Kilmacud Crokes), Shane Carthy (Nh Mearnóg), Seán McMahon (Raheny), Paddy Small (Ballymun Kickhams), Neil Matthews (Erin's Isle), Karl Lynch Bissett (Nh Mearnóg) and Conor Hickey (St Margaret's); TU Dublin (DIT): Brian Howard (Raheny), Oisín Lynch (Fingallians), Callum Pearson (Kilmacud Crokes), Andy McGowan (Kilmacud Crokes), Tom Keane (Nh Olaf) and Seán Walsh (St Pat's, Donabate); Garda College: Kieran Doherty (St Jude's)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hound

Blowitupref

Will be Offaly v Longford final.

Results

Longford 1-13 Dublin 3-6
Offaly 0-16 Westmeath 0-11

Rossfan

Pity they dont play the Leinater SFC in January!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

G'wan the lads. Looking forward to the final v Offaly next week.

Thought Dubs were a disgrace today. Not cos they played their C- team. No. They are fully entitled to pick whoever they want (take note Donegal) but there is an unlimited subs rule in the O'Byrne Cup. Guess how many subs Dbs used?

24!

Twenty-f**king-four.

It was like Lanigan's Ball.

Dub crowd very irate at the end with the ref. I think he did give every 50:50 to Longford. Must have been cos the Dubs kept annoying him with subs on and off.

dublin7

Ref was a joke today. At one stage a Dublin player got hit late by a Longford player, then carried off and ref gave the free to Longford as they had the ball when he got taken out.

LooseCannon

It's coming home. 💚🤍💛

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: dublin7 on January 11, 2020, 07:39:59 PM
Ref was a joke today. At one stage a Dublin player got hit late by a Longford player, then carried off and ref gave the free to Longford as they had the ball when he got taken out.
About fcking time