Cross dressing school kids on Isle of Wight

Started by bennydorano, September 11, 2017, 01:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

Quote from: sid waddell on September 13, 2017, 02:19:05 PM
Quote from: stew on September 13, 2017, 12:45:42 PM

Why didn't you mention the fact girls/women wearing trousers was considered crossdressing before Sidley??? I get it, its like the confederate statues that so offended you after the first one was torn down by liberal knackers isn't it?
Ah, you're now going in for outright racism, I see (assuming you're not a member of the Travelling Community, who can use that word - another little  double standard as regards the ability to use a certain word that is rightly allowed when a people gets systematically discriminated against).

Of course no doubt you won't consider that word to be racist...

Interesting that you associated the word with the travelling community.

Is a kn**ker not someone who disposes of dead animals? 

stew

Quote from: Hectic on September 13, 2017, 03:30:15 PM

Why didn't you mention the fact girls/women wearing trousers was considered crossdressing before Sidley??? I get it, its like the confederate statues that so offended you after the first one was torn down by liberal knackers isn't it?
Ah, you're now going in for outright racism, I see (assuming you're not a member of the Travelling Community, who can use that word - another little  double standard as regards the ability to use a certain word that is rightly allowed when a people gets systematically discriminated against).

Did I mention the travelling community? Gipsys?

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: punt kick on September 13, 2017, 02:20:32 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 13, 2017, 01:28:08 PM
Quote from: punt kick on September 13, 2017, 01:12:24 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 13, 2017, 12:58:20 PM
Quote from: Hectic on September 13, 2017, 10:35:12 AM
Quote from: Hectic on September 13, 2017, 10:31:47 AM
Quote from: hardstation on September 12, 2017, 06:47:29 PM
Quote from: Hectic on September 12, 2017, 08:47:04 AM
Let him wear the dress if he wants but don't be getting all upset if he comes home saying he is getting called names.
Yes, a 6 year old child is a legitimate target for bullying if he/she wishes to wear different clothes to most of his/her peers.

It is a young child in a dress. Relax yourselves.

Yeah if you had read on down you would have seen my next comment was to explain that I did not realise it was a 6yr old.

But by the same token it is inevitable that a kid will get attention for the like or should extra effort be made to teach all primary school kids that a boy wanting to wear skirts and be a girl is normal and expect that this gets through?

For the sake of argument, why NOT teach primary school kids that it's ok? Who is the cross dressing kid hurting?

For the sake of argument why NOT let the kid wear a dress at home to appease his chic liberal parents and conform to normal attire during school. Oh wait that would mean they couldn't get the attention they crave.

You may (or may not) be right about the parents using their kid for a crusade. Separate argument/discussion.

Now, how about answering my question?

It can only be answered with my question, if you can't see that, that's your issue.

Only one person with vision problems here.

Whether or not these parents are trying to stir the pot using their child as a guinea pig is irrelevant to my question about whether kids should be taught that differences such as this are ok.

The former is about the method of challenging the status quo, the tactic. We can argue away about whether that tactic is appropriate, even if we agree that the status quo is deserving of challenge.

The latter is about the question of whether the status quo SHOULD be challenged. Completely separate arguments.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Hectic on September 13, 2017, 01:20:12 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 13, 2017, 11:27:55 AM
But by the same token it is inevitable that a kid will get attention for the like or should extra effort be made to teach all primary school kids that a boy wanting to wear skirts and be a girl is normal and expect that this gets through?
I don't think there's any need to expressly tech kids at six about transgender issues. What there is a need for is to teach kids of all ages not to giving bully anyone because of how they look/dress/sounds/act etc.

Actually never mind kids, people of all ages need to be taught that, including some complete f**king muppets who fancy themselves as hilarious comedians on this board.

There is already an anti-bully charter for schools but while it might reduce bullying it will never eradicate it - kids, particularly primary school kids can be cruel.

Agree Hectic.
Does the child's welfare not include protection against bullying and getting beaten up? Surely any mental or physical damage done through mental or physical attack would be worse than curtailing their dress sense at such a young age? Especially when the child hasn't the wherewithal to defend themselves.
Live and let live is the way I see life, but in this case, the parent's have a duty of care to protect their child, which, for me, includes avoiding unnecessary provocation.

Just a thought -  my son wears GAA jerseys all the time. When he is going to visit his cousins who live near Stormont, and he is at the age where him and his cousins head off on the bikes for a few hours, do I let him wear his GAA jersey? Not a chance. Purely because I don't want him to be in situation where that Jersey may cause him trouble. It might be a small chance, but it's still a chance. And I think it is my responsibility to tell him the crack, rather than him dictate to me.
I know it is not a direct comparison, but the sentiment of avoiding unnecessary trouble is the point I am trying to make.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

punt kick

Quote from: J70 on September 13, 2017, 07:03:07 PM
Let him wear the dress if he wants but don't be getting all upset if he comes home saying he is getting called names.
Yes, a 6 year old child is a legitimate target for bullying if he/she wishes to wear different clothes to most of his/her peers.

Yeah if you had read on down you would have seen my next comment was to explain that I did not realise it was a 6yr old.

For the sake of argument, why NOT teach primary school kids that it's ok? Who is the cross dressing kid hurting?

For the sake of argument why NOT let the kid wear a dress at home to appease his chic liberal parents and conform to normal attire during school. Oh wait that would mean they couldn't get the attention they crave.

You may (or may not) be right about the parents using their kid for a crusade. Separate argument/discussion.

It can only be answered with my question, if you can't see that, that's your issue.

Whether or not these parents are trying to stir the pot using their child as a guinea pig is irrelevant to my question about whether kids should be taught that differences such as this are ok.

The former is about the method of challenging the status quo, the tactic. We can argue away about whether that tactic is appropriate, even if we agree that the status quo is deserving of challenge.

The latter is about the question of whether the status quo SHOULD be challenged. Completely separate arguments.

The question is whether a 6 year old boy should wear a dress to school. The answer is no he should not and his parents are pricks for making him.

J70

Quote from: punt kick on September 13, 2017, 09:42:42 PM

The question is whether a 6 year old boy should wear a dress to school. The answer is no he should not and his parents are pricks for making him.

THIS is the question I posted:

Its a simple question. If you don't want to answer it, then why the f**k don't you leave it alone? Those who are interested can all see your feelings on the issue from your other posts.

punt kick

Quote from: J70 on September 13, 2017, 09:48:10 PM

Its a simple question. If you don't want to answer it, then why the f**k don't you leave it alone? Those who are interested can all see your feelings on the issue from your other posts.

Start another topic, this one concerns attention seeking parents point scoring with a 6 year old boy. If you can't fathom that why don't you f**k off.

J70

Quote from: punt kick on September 13, 2017, 10:31:12 PM

Start another topic, this one concerns attention seeking parents point scoring with a 6 year old boy. If you can't fathom that why don't you f**k off.

The question I posed related directly to the topic i.e. the other kids in the scenario.

Anything else?

sid waddell

Don't play dumb. It's more than obvious what context he was using it in.

Although, to be fair, a dead horse would be a fair description of stewpid's political beliefs.

stew

Quote from: sid waddell on September 13, 2017, 10:50:58 PM

Although, to be fair, a dead horse would be a fair description of stewpid's political beliefs.

Bring that dead horse to a kn**ker Sidley, hey kid, I just despise your politics, you make my skin crawl you are so far to the left, that said I believe in your right to believe in anything and everything as long as it suits your agenda, I even believe in your right to get outraged when your media masters pull your strings and invent controversy to get gimps like you going.

I am outraged that a pack of gypsys enslaved homeless people of all ages and beat the shit out of them and made over a million of their backs before getting caught! Are you outraged Sidley??? Are ya kid????

sid waddell

Quote from: stew on September 13, 2017, 11:01:56 PM

Bring that dead horse to a kn**ker Sidley, hey kid, I just despise your politics, you make my skin crawl you are so far to the left, that said I believe in your right to believe in anything and everything as long as it suits your agenda, I even believe in your right to get outraged when your media masters pull your strings and invent controversy to get gimps like you going.

I am outraged that a pack of gypsys enslaved homeless people of all ages and beat the shit out of them and made over a million of their backs before getting caught! Are you outraged Sidley??? Are ya kid????
I'd advise you to go and sober up somewhere, stew.

punt kick

Quote from: J70 on September 13, 2017, 10:43:30 PM
Quote from: punt kick on September 13, 2017, 10:31:12 PM

The question I posed related directly to the topic i.e. the other kids in the scenario.

Anything else?

So start another thread the question here is about a boy un school in a dress due to his attention seeking chic liberal fuckwit parents.

stew

Quote from: sid waddell on September 13, 2017, 11:05:38 PM
Quote from: stew on September 13, 2017, 11:01:56 PM

I'd advise you to go and sober up somewhere, stew.

I hardly drink anymore sidley, and certainly not on a Wednesday night............................. Also I was just out of work, nice deflection by the way, answer the question big man!

Hectic

No I am being deadly serious here.

He uses the word kn**ker, which means someone who disposes of dead animals, to seemingly describe people with a certain collective way of thinking.

I do not doubt it was meant in a derogatory way but nonetheless I do not think the travelling community need to be referenced.

Or what are these laws that allow members of the travelling community to use a word when others are not allowed to use it? That is a genuine question as well as I am not up to speed with the specifics of Irish law.

sid waddell

Quote from: Hectic on September 14, 2017, 12:30:42 AM

No I am being deadly serious here.

He uses the word kn**ker, which means someone who disposes of dead animals, to seemingly describe people with a certain collective way of thinking.

I do not doubt it was meant in a derogatory way but nonetheless I do not think the travelling community need to be referenced.

Or what are these laws that allow members of the travelling community to use a word when others are not allowed to use it? That is a genuine question as well as I am not up to speed with the specifics of Irish law.
So you do not doubt it was meant in a derogatory way.

These days the word is mainly used in a derogatory, racist way against the Travelling Community and when it's used in a derogatory way against anybody, even if they're not Travellers, it becomes a racist term. Whoever the slur is made against are equated to Travellers, with the automatic implication that the Travelling Community are the lowest of the low in society.

It's a custom that members of communities that are currently or have historically been oppressed can appropriate words that have commonly been used against them and use them as they wish, while if people who are not members of that community use these words as a slur it is most certainly considered both derogatory and racist, or in the case of the gay or transgender communities, homophobic or transphobic respectively.