UK General Election 2017

Started by Eamonnca1, April 18, 2017, 07:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

I don't think Corbyn is that bad. The people want their Brexit.
As Mr Mencken said , democracy is the art of giving the people what they want, good and hard.
Labour can't get any traction with voters if they still believe in the system.

I think this election will be for the Tories what  the 2013 Fergie Time Premiership win was for Man Utd. The last glory day for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1nDYrCxeig

Now the Reds are marching on on on to 4th, perhaps . Things fall apart.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ashman

Quote from: seafoid on May 05, 2017, 09:20:01 AM
Quote from: ashman on May 05, 2017, 09:12:19 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 05, 2017, 08:50:14 AM
The Tories and the Republicans sell dreams to working class voters and then shaft them

So no real difference with Dems and Labour then.
there wasn't a huge difference between New Labour and the Tories once the money ran out.
But at times like now there is a difference,  The Tories work for capital. Labour will win élections (probably not this one) by standing up for workers.

The "City" had no better friends than Blair and Brown.

Minder

I think Corbyn gets an easy enough ride from the media, considering where he is taking the Labour Party - oblivion.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

sid waddell

Quote from: Minder on May 05, 2017, 12:55:16 PM
I think Corbyn gets an easy enough ride from the media, considering where he is taking the Labour Party - oblivion.
I never knew calling for somebody to be "knifed to death" was "giving them an easy enough ride".

Given such, one would hate to see what getting a rough ride from the media would look like.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: sid waddell on May 05, 2017, 01:41:22 PM
I never knew calling for somebody to be "knifed to death" was "giving them an easy enough ride".

Given such, one would hate to see what getting a rough ride from the media would look like.
I don't think you can include KMcK as representative of the media or any grouping for that matter. 

sid waddell

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 05, 2017, 01:43:16 PM

I don't think you can include KMcK as representative of the media or any grouping for that matter.
I think he's entirely representative of much of the mindset that permeates the right-wing UK press.

Others may not be stupid enough to explicitly call for Jeremy Corbyn to be knifed to death, but their poisonous rhetoric raises the possibility of something like that occurring. One only has to go back to the murder of Jo Cox to see that.

The Daily Mail, The Sun and the Daily Express are nothing less than agents of fascism. The Telegraph isn't much better.

NAG1

Corbyn doesnt even need the Right wing papers or press giving him a rough ride, he does that plenty well all by himself.

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on May 05, 2017, 02:00:38 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 05, 2017, 01:43:16 PM

I think he's entirely representative of much of the mindset that permeates the right-wing UK press.

Others may not be stupid enough to explicitly call for Jeremy Corbyn to be knifed to death, but their poisonous rhetoric raises the possibility of something like that occurring. One only has to go back to the murder of Jo Cox to see that.

The Daily Mail, The Sun and the Daily Express are nothing less than agents of fascism. The Telegraph isn't much better.
The Telegraph is barely a newspaper. It has decent sport and features but opinion and politics are atrocious.
It's owned by 2 members of the 1% and columnists write for them. But it has hundreds of thousands of readers who are not ultra rich and it is not standing up for their interests.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AQMP on May 05, 2017, 04:32:32 PM
UKIP have currently one Councillor elected in England, Mebyon Kernow have 3.
I'm surprised they even have one. Now that Brexit delivery is underway what is the point of their existence?

T Fearon

So are SF going to hand the North over to a Tory government with a huge majority?

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on May 05, 2017, 05:39:37 PM
So are SF going to hand the North over to a Tory government with a huge majority?
No. They will privatise NI and flog it to a Hedge Fund.

Minder

More relentless criticism of Corbyn by the right wing media

No more excuses: Jeremy Corbyn is to blame for this meltdown

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/05/jeremy-corbyn-blame-meltdown-labour-leader?CMP=share_btn_tw
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Denn Forever

I think Corbyn's biggest anchor is Labour party itself. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

whitey

I think Labour is fvcked......if they had booted Crobyn after Brexit, they may have had some chance.

Very much like the Democratic party in the US, they have forgotten about the issues that matter to their working class base, and instead have focused on the issues that matter to the Oxbridge educated urban elite of the party

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on May 06, 2017, 03:53:00 PM
I think Labour is fvcked......if they had booted Crobyn after Brexit, they may have had some chance.

Very much like the Democratic party in the US, they have forgotten about the issues that matter to their working class base, and instead have focused on the issues that matter to the Oxbridge educated urban elite of the party
http://press.labour.org.uk/post/159785074074/jeremy-corbyn-first-speech-of-the-2017-general
"[The] rules have created a cosy cartel, which rigs the system in favour of a few powerful and wealthy individuals and corporations. It's a rigged system set up by the wealth extractors for the wealth extractors.
But things can, and they will, change. And Labour in this election will be part of a movement of the British people to make that change.
How dare they crash the economy with their recklessness and greed, and then punish those who had nothing to do with it?
We will overturn this rigged system. The Conservatives will never do that"

It's the same as the States. Not enough people have joined the dots