?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Quote from: straightred on January 30, 2021, 04:13:36 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 30, 2021, 04:06:38 PM
I'd imagine the board is trying to string this out and get the right man even if it means waiting to the Summer, but defeat today would surely be terminal for Lennon.

Off the top of my head i can think of 5 times lennon should have been fired but he is still there. He wont be there next season but I'm beginning to fear that they'll give him the rest of this one. He's the luckiest man alive that there are no fans on the ground
Only 5 times?

SHEEDY

That has to be that for lennon, surely this can't continue.
nil satis nisi optimum

bennydorano

As an Armagh man I sincerely apologise for my part in today's debacle. I hereby resign from my position of influence.

JimStynes

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 30, 2021, 04:56:32 PM
That has to be that for lennon, surely this can't continue.

Sure what odds is it

Angelo

Any chance the arrogant p***k might have a small shred of shame and resign?

Celtic man my hole.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on January 30, 2021, 04:57:16 PM
As an Armagh man I sincerely apologise for my part in today's debacle. I hereby resign from my position of influence.

I don't know where I stand in all this. We have 3 counties in one parish so do I apologise on behalf of all 3 or just the Armagh bit?

From the Bunker

Lennon said they'd keep going until it was impossible for them to win the league. Looks like they are not far away from not going any more. Or have they stopped already!  :-\

JPGJOHNNYG

Ffs
Ronny Delia almost looks like a good manager the longer this fiasco goes on for.

Targetman

Can we just give the league to the huns now and forget about the rest of this shite!!

Angelo

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on January 30, 2021, 05:14:04 PM
Ffs
Ronny Delia almost looks like a good manager the longer this fiasco goes on for.

Deila is a far superior manager to Lennon.

Even he could see what sort of an amateur setup he was taking over from when he got the Celtic job.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on January 30, 2021, 05:40:16 PM
Ffs

Even he could see what sort of an amateur setup he was taking over from when he got the Celtic job.

He at least tried to play good football. Lennon had lost the dressing room before the season even started.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on January 30, 2021, 05:43:45 PM
Ffs

He at least tried to play good football. Lennon had lost the dressing room before the season even started.

Lennon is a Lawwell puppet and Lawwell has been cancer and a parasite for Celtic football club for far too long. It's impossible to see Lennon being here past this season but he has tarnished any sort of goodwill he had with fans over the sheer arrogance and contempt he has shown this season.

I'm not too enamoured about the appointment of some Scottish rugby guy but we'll see. I'd like to see us appoint a director of football, someone on the continent with a track record of unearthing talented young players. The issue with Lawwell was he had total control over Celtic, he handled transfer dealings personally, he identified transfer targets himself. It was one of the reasons there was such a big power battle between him and Rodgers, Lawwell exerted far, far too much control for Rodgers liking and Lawwell felt threatened by Rodgers clout. It was a relationship that was never going to last.

I'd like to see Desmond selling out his stake in the club, bar putting a few quid in when O'Neill took over and contributing to Rodgers wages, he hasn't done a tap for Celtic since buying his shareholding. You can question how well or badly the huns are run across the city but they have sought investment, they have pumped money into the club, they have shown ambition. Celtic did the opposite.

We all know the financial issues Rangers have but a couple of sales and CL football next year has all those problems vanished now. Celtic have been utterly shambolically run. Results like today just don't matter anymore.

Lennon is finished in management after this and he's desperately hanging on for a payout which tells you a lot about him as a man.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on January 30, 2021, 05:56:42 PM
Ffs

Lennon is a Lawwell puppet and Lawwell has been cancer and a parasite for Celtic football club for far too long. It's impossible to see Lennon being here past this season but he has tarnished any sort of goodwill he had with fans over the sheer arrogance and contempt he has shown this season.

I'm not too enamoured about the appointment of some Scottish rugby guy but we'll see. I'd like to see us appoint a director of football, someone on the continent with a track record of unearthing talented young players. The issue with Lawwell was he had total control over Celtic, he handled transfer dealings personally, he identified transfer targets himself. It was one of the reasons there was such a big power battle between him and Rodgers, Lawwell exerted far, far too much control for Rodgers liking and Lawwell felt threatened by Rodgers clout. It was a relationship that was never going to last.

I'd like to see Desmond selling out his stake in the club, bar putting a few quid in when O'Neill took over and contributing to Rodgers wages, he hasn't done a tap for Celtic since buying his shareholding. You can question how well or badly the huns are run across the city but they have sought investment, they have pumped money into the club, they have shown ambition. Celtic did the opposite.

We all know the financial issues Rangers have but a couple of sales and CL football next year has all those problems vanished now. Celtic have been utterly shambolically run. Results like today just don't matter anymore.

Lennon is finished in management after this and he's desperately hanging on for a payout which tells you a lot about him as a man.

The only point I disagree with is the Dermot Desmond one. As I said yesterday, it's a be careful what you wish for type thing. You could get someone who could come in and bleed the club dry. DD doesn't seem to do that but he doesn't seem to provide a whole lot of money either. I'll wait and see what impact his son has.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on January 30, 2021, 06:05:23 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 30, 2021, 05:56:42 PM
Ffs

The only point I disagree with is the Dermot Desmond one. As I said yesterday, it's a be careful what you wish for type thing. You could get someone who could come in and bleed the club dry. DD doesn't seem to do that but he doesn't seem to provide a whole lot of money either. I'll wait and see what impact his son has.

But the bigger problem is Desmond is a billionaire who doesn't put his hand in his pocket.

You look at all the top clubs around Europe in private ownership. 90% of their owners invest heavily in the club - they are not there to make money from it. They are there to have their name associated with success. Very few billionaires invest money in football to make money, they put money in it for the success.

Desmond seems to be the type of guy who sees football as purely an investment and that is the exact type of person you'd worry about taking over your club and he has held Celtic back massively.

Celtic have always had a biscuit tin mentality.

JimStynes

The other issue is, who the hell would want to buy the club and invest money into it. Wonder would Rod have enough dough lying about.