Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smort

RTE couldn't even dream about making programmes of that quality

bannside

Superb documentary and so much more that could have been said, it ended with the first All Ireland senior victory and yet so much more happened in the years that followed.

I'm sure all Antrim posters here will share my sentiments when I say we hope you bring Sam back north in a weeks time.

Jayop

Tg4 just know.

Brilliant show that was a bit emotional to watch. Wished they'd left the Spillane bitterness out, just seemed so ill fitting with the rest of the show.

TwoUpTwoDown

A fantastic show. It really grasped the emotion around that team. The conveyor belt was in full flow there. It's unbelievable the number of young lads that made the step up to senior level from those squads. It really makes you appreciate the connection Mickey and Fr Gerard had with them. It's very easy at times to forget just how lucky we are in modern times. It's a credit to those lads of 17 and 18 years of age to go on achieve the things they did and completely change the culture of Tyrone GAA for generations to come.

An Watcher

Wonder if the minor role would ever be something Mickey would consider in the future?

sam03/05

That programme shows you how great a manager Harte is.
Tyrone were nothing before he came along, (don't say he inherited great players) as Tyrone won two u21s with Canavan etc before that and no All Ireland's. we were bottle merchants on the big stage and no one feared us, as the Kerryman said.
he moulded a team of winners. As well as that he has kept Tyrone at the top table ever since 2003 - take a look at other counties such as Armagh and Derry. The worst Tyrone ever got during his time was Div 2 with straight promotion the following year. The number of trophies he won is incredible.
Anyone who calls for him to go is an idiot, and should be careful for what they wish for.

Jim Bob

RedHand88

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 27, 2018, 09:04:09 AM
That programme shows you how great a manager Harte is.
Tyrone were nothing before he came along, (don't say he inherited great players) as Tyrone won two u21s with Canavan etc before that and no All Ireland's. we were bottle merchants on the big stage and no one feared us, as the Kerryman said.
he moulded a team of winners. As well as that he has kept Tyrone at the top table ever since 2003 - take a look at other counties such as Armagh and Derry. The worst Tyrone ever got during his time was Div 2 with straight promotion the following year. The number of trophies he won is incredible.
Anyone who calls for him to go is an idiot, and should be careful for what they wish for.

Also look at Cork, Galway, Meath, Down. All counties that were at Tyrones level at some stage during Hartes reign and look what has happened them. It is a testament to the man that he has kept Tyrone in the top 5 teams in the county consistently for a generation.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Thebigdog on August 26, 2018, 06:24:42 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on August 26, 2018, 11:15:25 AM
Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on August 25, 2018, 09:12:25 PM
I see our own STG is taking an absolute pasting on another form of Social Media. And it's good to see. True gaels, all over the county, are sick of the putrid that he posts over and over again. To even have Tyrone Gael in his name is laughable. That man is no Tyrone Gael. Roll on next Sunday where all good Tyrone men, women and children can unite together in a great day for our communities and County as a whole.
wise up you clown. I take responsibility for everything I say on here, but do not try to link me with someone else's comment elsewhere, especially when you haven't a shred of proof it was me. Shame on you fella.
LOL. I see that Facebook post has now got 135 likes and a lot of Tyrone support liking it. Not exactly a pasting! Of course we ve got the usual bunch of losers on going around in circles about  'mickeys three All Ireland s' lol

Excellent, what fb page is it on??

bigtogs

I think until Sunday on this thread talk should be football chat only... let's keep the childish side shows to a later date... don't know about anybody else's opinion but that is mine anyway..

Thebigdog

History is history. After beating little Monaghan for the third time at croke park in five years Harte is in the mood for gloating in the back of today's Irish News. Let's save the gloating for next Monday morning Michael.I for one will be the happiest man in Tyrone if you pull it off.

omagh_gael

What an absolutely fantastic doc that was. I was totally engrossed from the minute it started. Those lads went through so much and brought untold joy to the county. Stephen O'Neill was an emotional wreck at the end of the 97 final, who could blame him? Well done to all involved.

Dire Ear

Missed it, will it be on again? Cheers