GAA Jerseys for Palestine

Started by theticklemister, October 11, 2016, 06:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

https://www.facebook.com/gaajerseysforpalestine/

We welcome any GAA clothing to aid the refugees in Palestine and Gaza. This is not just to cloth the refugees, but also to again highlight the mistreatment of Palestinian people under occupation and shows solidarity from the Irish people.

theticklemister

Here is the list of the clubs who have endorsed us over the last two months. If your club would like to get involved, send me a PM.

Your club is local, give it an International Voice!

Derry
Steelstown Brian Og's GAC (Derry City)
Slaughtneil GAC
C.L.G Watty Graham, An Gleann (Maghera)
NaPiarsaigh Doire Trasna DerryCity
Kevin Lynch's Hurling Club (Dungiven)
St.Canices Dungiven
St.Patricks, Dungiven (Camogie)
St Columb's Sport and PE (St.Columb's College, Derry City)
Foreglen GAC

Soccer
@Tamnaherin Celtic https://www.facebook.com/tams.co.uk/?fref=ts

Antrim
St.Endas GAA (Belfast)
St.Endas Glengormley - Naomh Éanna
Michael Davitt GAC Belfast
Patrick Sarsfield's GAA Club (Belfast)

Armagh
Carrickcruppen Gac

Down
Clann na Banna CLG (Banbridge)

Scotland
Glasgow Gaels
Dunedin Connollys Gfc (Edinburgh)

England
John MitchelsGaa (Liverpool)
Sean McDermotts Gaa Birmingham

Spain
Barcelona Gaels

Your club is local, give it an International Voice

seafoid

Nára lag Dia sibh. Israel is out of control. I am reading a book by an Israeli lady called Palestine in Israeli schoolbooks, about how Israeli kids are indoctrinated to think about Palestinians from an early age. It is such a mess and also a tragedy for Jewish people who don't get a proper education.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Horse Box

Quote from: theticklemister on October 11, 2016, 06:54:37 PM
https://www.facebook.com/gaajerseysforpalestine/

We welcome any GAA clothing to aid the refugees in Palestine and Gaza. This is not just to cloth the refugees, but also to again highlight the mistreatment of Palestinian people under occupation and shows solidarity from the Irish people.

Well done Lads , fair play . Will try to get something going in North Tipp and get some Clubs involved !

theticklemister

Two more clubs donated today from Derry............. St. Canices Dungiven and Foreglen GAC

Avondhu star

Haven't the Palestinians suffered enough without going around in Derry jerseys?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Wildweasel74

Glen be the closest club to me doing this, what way do you donate Jersies, found a few Wexford, Clare and 1 or 2 others that are in very good condition but dont fit anymore, so can pass them on

theticklemister

alright wild weasel. Check the glen facebook/twitter and see what day they are collecting. I think they may be stopped at present as they have been doing it for last number of weeks; but double check. If not you can post them. DM if you provide the latter.

If you can, can you provide a picture of yourself holding the jerseys too. If you don't want to identify 'wildweasel74' hen stick a balaclava over your head for the picture whilst holding the GAA jerseys................ on second thoughts scrap that!lol 

theticklemister

Second time which I sent articles with pictures into hoganstand.com for this campaign.

Yet again no posting on site or reply. I even posted on their forum but they have failed to let it register.

I have sent numerous other articles into site over years and they have posted them, without a reply or thanks.

I am a freelance journalist myself and they are not well-liked as they poach a lot of stories amongst news reporters

Jinxy

Remember what happened when someone sent a few Tyrone jerseys over to Africa?
The place is in bits now.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Jinxy on January 04, 2017, 10:41:18 AM
Remember what happened when someone sent a few Tyrone jerseys over to Africa?
The place is in bits now.

Apparently Ryan McMenamin jerseys have been proscribed due to their effect on other people in the vicinity of the wearer
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

five points

Quote from: theticklemister on January 03, 2017, 08:49:29 PM
Second time which I sent articles with pictures into hoganstand.com for this campaign.

Yet again no posting on site or reply. I even posted on their forum but they have failed to let it register.

I have sent numerous other articles into site over years and they have posted them, without a reply or thanks.

I am a freelance journalist myself and they are not well-liked as they poach a lot of stories amongst news reporters

Good on Hoganstand if they refuse to align with or promote a campaign which seeks to highlight a non-existent "occupation" while ignoring the Islamist Hamas regime's gross mistreatment of its own people in Gaza.

seafoid

Quote from: five points on January 04, 2017, 01:02:57 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on January 03, 2017, 08:49:29 PM

Good on Hoganstand if they refuse to align with or promote a campaign which seeks to highlight a non-existent "occupation" while ignoring the Islamist Hamas regime's gross mistreatment of its own people in Gaza.
What do you call the Israeli military presence in the West Bank ?

five points

Quote from: seafoid on January 04, 2017, 01:39:41 PM

The West Bank has been disputed territory for centuries. Prior to the 1967 Six-Day War, it was part of Jordan. Today the West Bank (and also Gaza) has higher life expectancy than Jordan, Syria, Egypt or Iraq so the theory that Israel's presence there is a somehow unique oppression of its inhabitants doesn't hold water.

seafoid

Quote from: five points on January 04, 2017, 03:05:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 04, 2017, 01:39:41 PM

The West Bank has been disputed territory for centuries. Prior to the 1967 Six-Day War, it was part of Jordan. Today the West Bank (and also Gaza) has higher life expectancy than Jordan, Syria, Egypt or Iraq so the theory that Israel's presence there is a somehow unique oppression of its inhabitants doesn't hold water.
Every single settlement is illegal under international law. The West Bank is no more disputed than Co Offaly is.