Inter Provincial Championships

Started by Rossfan, December 01, 2016, 04:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hopper

Run it off the weekend before the All-Ireland final in each code...obviously the All-Ireland finalists will not participate. 

Thurles for the hurling and Dingle for the football with 5 Sams in charge (although he will have to change his name to 37 Sams).

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Last Ulster v Connacht meeting.

23rd February 2014 in the final.

Connacht 2-19 Ulster 1-7

Scorers for Connacht: David Kelly (1-1), Michael Conroy (1-1), Sean Armstrong (0-3), C Cregg (0-3), Kevin McLoughlin (0-3, 1f), Robert Hennelly (0-3, 145, 2fs), Kevin Higgins (0-2), Niall Daly, Aidan O’Shea, Emlyn Mulligan, Paul Conroy (0-1 each).
Scorers for Ulster: Colm Cavanagh (1-0), Conor McManus (0-3, 3fs), Mark Poland (0-1), Niall Morgan, S Cavanagh, Michael Murphy (0-1, 1f each).

CONNACHT: R Hennelly (Mayo); S McDermott (Roscommon), J Moore (Galway), K Higgins (Mayo); G Bradshaw (Galway), N Daly (Roscommon), K McLoughlin (Mayo); A O’Shea (Mayo), J Gibbons (Mayo); S Armstrong (Galway), E Mulligan (Leitrim), C Cregg (Roscommon); M Conroy (Mayo), P Conroy (Galway), D Kelly (Sligo).

Subs: M Brehony (Sligo) for Kelly (65); E Concannon (Galway) for M Conroy (65); G Reynolds (Leitrim) for Bradshaw (65); N Ewing (Sligo) for McDermott (67).

ULSTER: N Morgan (Tyrone); E McGee (Donegal), N McGee (Donegal), C Clarke (Tyrone); S L McGoldrick (Derry), R McCluskey (Fermanagh), P Harte (Tyrone); S Cavanagh (Tyrone), E Donnelly (Fermanagh); C Mackey (Cavan), M Poland (Down), C Cavanagh (Tyrone); E Keating (Cavan), M Murphy (Donegal), C McManus (Monaghan).

Subs: K Hughes (Monaghan) for Keating (12); M McHugh (Donegal) for MacKey (30); C McKaigue (Derry) for McCluskey (Black) (44); D Givney (Cavan) for Donnelly (46); K McKernan (Down) for Cavanagh (52)

Ulster will be mad for revenge in Carrick after that beating.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on December 12, 2016, 06:29:22 PM
Play it every 29th February.

Could we just give them a PlayStation and let them play it on that?

BennyCake

Quote from: Rossfan on December 12, 2016, 05:44:22 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on December 12, 2016, 04:49:03 PM

Run it off as festival down the country somewhere
You ever get outside the M50? ::)
We'll see how many turn up in Carrick Saturday.

But thats exactly it. Play it in the arsehole of nowhere, 6 fans show up, then complain about it again. Ulster fans clearly want it to go to it, so play it here. But that doesn't suit the GAA agenda.

Throw ball

Quote from: BennyCake on December 12, 2016, 09:32:20 PM

But thats exactly it. Play it in the arsehole of nowhere, 6 fans show up, then complain about it again. Ulster fans clearly want it to go to it, so play it here. But that doesn't suit the GAA agenda.

There was 2 or 3 thousand at the last one played in Armagh.

BennyCake

Quote from: Throw ball on December 12, 2016, 09:41:31 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 12, 2016, 09:32:20 PM

There was 2 or 3 thousand at the last one played in Armagh.

And that was a semi final. The final the year before had 4 or 5 thousand.

MayoBuck

Will there be any changes to the Connacht panel for this weekend or is it the same 23?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 12, 2016, 05:37:57 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 12, 2016, 10:02:33 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 12, 2016, 12:03:35 AM
Very true moysider and other Leitrim options could be Kevin Conlan,Gary Reynolds,Paddy Maguire and Sligo Charlie Harrison,Cian Breheny,Pat Hughes,Neil Ewing,Adrian Marren.

Hughes and Ewing maybe. Some of the others aren't starters for Sligo. Disappointed to see Kevin McD listed in the FB line. One of my main hopes for 2017 is that he gets released from the FB line to play farther out the field. class player though, can do a job anywhere.
Breheny,Harrison had injuries problems this year and Marren is one of top scoring forwards in Connacht.

Thanks for the information.  ::)

magpie seanie

Quote from: BennyCake on December 12, 2016, 03:00:41 PM
Ulster v Connacht final, Sat 2pm in Carrick on Shannon.

The GAA obviously driving another nail into the Railway Cup coffin. Might attract a few hen parties at least though.

There might be a decent attendance. Leitrim is a small county but to a man and woman are staunch GAA folk. I'm hoping to go myself so I'm delighted with the venue.

The GAA's attitude is inexplicable. I've spoken to some top brass and they're attitude is that they want rid of it. I was actually surprised at how open they were about it. The players obviously want to represent their provinces and I'll be honest that it's a source of great pride for me that our club is represented. I think the All-Ireland weekend (hurling on the hurling final weekend and likewise with football) is the time to do it. The compromise is that the AI finalists obviously can't participate but some town(s) with a floodlit ground within 60-90 minutes of Dublin could make it their own.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on December 12, 2016, 10:04:14 AM
No doubt the Kildare lads went missing again.

They weren't missing they were in the gym honing their skills.
#newbridgeornowhere

BennyCake

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 13, 2016, 10:19:54 AM

The GAA obviously driving another nail into the Railway Cup coffin. Might attract a few hen parties at least though.

There might be a decent attendance. Leitrim is a small county but to a man and woman are staunch GAA folk. I'm hoping to go myself so I'm delighted with the venue.

The GAA's attitude is inexplicable. I've spoken to some top brass and they're attitude is that they want rid of it. I was actually surprised at how open they were about it. The players obviously want to represent their provinces and I'll be honest that it's a source of great pride for me that our club is represented. I think the All-Ireland weekend (hurling on the hurling final weekend and likewise with football) is the time to do it. The compromise is that the AI finalists obviously can't participate but some town(s) with a floodlit ground within 60-90 minutes of Dublin could make it their own.

I hope there is a good crowd. But they stuck it in Tuam a couple years ago and not many attended. Obviously the good crowds in Armagh the 2 years previously weren't part of the agenda. So I expect more Railway Cup bashing next week if few attend. So the only answer is to play it in Ulster as no other province has the interest.

Rossfan

Maybe the bigger turn out in Armagh was because the Ulster's wanted to see real football instead of the usual pukery :D
Won't be going to Carrick as I've to work and shop.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 13, 2016, 10:19:54 AM

There will be f**k all at it.

trileacman

Why does It matter there's f**k all at it? I played u14 games for Trillick and there was f**k all at them either.

If the players want to play, play it. Who gives a f**k who turns up.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014