Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Good luck to the Longford ladies; hoping the Ulster team make their usual ham-fisted attempt to cope with Ballymahon.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

LaurelEye

Quote from: Longfordian on September 01, 2010, 02:18:58 PM
one or two injury concerns coming into the game at the weekend , but everyone should make it , Slashers are rightly favourites and I would expect them to advance to the finals , however its a semi final and anything could happen ! ...so all we can do is our best and see what happens !
Its been 18 years since we've appeared in Pearse Pk in late September , (16yr long years I have played for) , so we are long overdue an appearance ! , might be a step too far for our current team at the moment

Best of luck on Sunday in any case.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Shamrock Shore

Slashers 0-13
Mostrim 0-05

The scoreline does not do justice to the awful performance by Mostrim. Last I heard on Shiteside it was 0-12 to 0-02 to Slashers with 10 or so mins to go.

The Forfeit Point

i was expecting much more from mostrim, they were woeful. we cruised through the game without being tested at all, which i fear will not help us against dromard - with or without francis mcgee. the performance will have to be upped 1000% to deal with the likes of martin, conefery and masterson

Billys Boots

The whole county will be cheering for the Townies, and hopefully that might do the trick.

The Forfeit Point

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 06, 2010, 01:29:15 PM
The whole county will be cheering for the Townies, and hopefully that might do the trick.

well i suppose north longford will be behind us anyway  :D it's going to need a mammoth effort from the lads to do it. basically they will have to play like they never have before. i actually think dromard could be more dangerous without mcgee, it could end up being a serious motivator for them

Billys Boots

Beating Dromard will be (as it always has) about playing together as a unit, moreso than they do (which is their main strength).  Slashers need to learn how to keep the ball - if they can improve at that aspect of the game, then they've a decent chance.  If they try to football Dromard off the field, they might as well stay at home.

Shamrock Shore

QuoteThe whole county will be cheering for the Townies

Eh - no they won't......I will be the ultimate passive neutral.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 07, 2010, 03:18:07 PM
QuoteThe whole county will be cheering for the Townies

Eh - no they won't......I will be the ultimate passive neutral.

I'll remember that ...

Shamrock Shore

Billy

The Mostrim pain from defeats in county finals to Slashers outweigh any Colmcille ranquor over Dromard.

I could never cheer for Slashers. No siree Bob. Even if Slashers played Westmeath I'd still be on the fence!

I'll take your best

Billys Boots

QuoteThe Mostrim pain from defeats in county finals to Slashers outweigh any Colmcille ranquor over Dromard.

What colour is the sky in your world?

The Forfeit Point

It's a Northern Gaels v. Drumlish minor final. i had a feeling our young lads left it behind them last week, and as happens with strong teams, they rarely give a 2nd chance.

Shamrock Shore

Shamrock Shore

Good stuff Forfeit Point. Congrats on a handy win today.

Billys Boots