Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Anyone go to the Bihatimber fixture in Wexford?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

I doubt it. I tuned into Flake on Shiteside.

Wexford got the winner 6 mins into added time in 2nd half. Sounded a bit tooo added.

Not to worry tho. Concentrate on game agin the Fruit Pastilles in opening game of the League.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 25, 2010, 09:26:31 AM
Concentrate on game agin the Fruit Pastilles in opening game of the League.

The record down in Dr Cullen Park has hardly been confidence-inspiring. Not sure I fancy another jaunt through the sideroads of Queen's County.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Dougal

anyone give me directions to the slashers club grounds?il be comming into longford from drumlish.thanks
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Billys Boots

Straight through the town, out past the railway station (on the left), past the greyhound track (on the right) and up Farnagh Hill on the right. 

Dougal

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 29, 2010, 09:05:33 AM
Straight through the town, out past the railway station (on the left), past the greyhound track (on the right) and up Farnagh Hill on the right. 

Thanks
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Shamrock Shore

To be on the safe side you should wait until Slashers have a game in Farneyhoogan and then follow the crowd from.....

oh wait  :-\

Billys Boots

The Forfeit Point

the man makes a valid point  :-[

anyone know when the draws for the league and championship is being made?

LaurelEye

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on February 01, 2010, 01:35:03 PM
the man makes a valid point  :-[

I've still to see a match in Farneyhoogan where the Mullinalaghta support (pop. <500) didn't outnumber the Slashers one by about 2-1.

Quoteanyone know when the draws for the league and championship is being made?

My guess would be this month's CB meeting (though "Moydow" getting the County Convention reheld may complicate matters).

No doubt the double act of Cllr Flake and Pat Cahill will be on hand to give a running commentary on Roscommonside.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Shamrock Shore

Anyone heading to Carlow?

Auld Shore is in a car with the usual gangsters from Mostim, Cashel and Connollys (Laureleye will know them) so, win, lose or draw the craic should be good.

I'll tune in on Shiteside but I'm in Cavan this weekend in an area with no O2 access and Shiteside fades in and out. But, as Roscommon are playing, I expect fading in and out will probably be a good thing!

Billys Boots

Won't decide until Sunday morning, though will probably stay in bed.  Which is probably apt.

Shamrock Shore

FFS - where is the spirit? Cmon........at the grimmest of grim times we need heros....soldiers.....to carry the battle...

Ah, fcuk it, I'll stay in bed as well.... :-\

Billys Boots

Billys Boots

The Draws for the 2010 Peter Hanley Motors Senior Football Championship was made on Wednesday night at the County Board Meeting in Pearse Park.

In Group 1 last years winners Clonguish will play St. Patrick's, Ardagh while St. Columba's will play Emmet Óg Killoe in round one.

In Group 2 Abbeylara will face Colmcille in round one while Sean Connolly's will play Cashel.

In Groupd 3 Ballymahon play Mostrim and Longford Slashers play St. Mary's, Granard in round one.

In Group 4 Dromard play Rathcline while Fr. Manning Gaels will have a bye in the opening round.

There will be an open draw for the Quarter-Finals.

Peter Hanley Motors Senior Football Championship 2010
www.peterhanleymotors.ie 

Group 1
Clonguish
St. Patrick's, Ardagh
St. Columba's, Mullinalaght
Emmet Óg, Killoe

Round 1: Clonguish v St. Patrick's / St. Columba's v Emmet Óg

Group 2
Abbeylara
Colmcille
Sean Connolly's
Cashel   

Round 1: Abbeylara v Colmcille / Sean Connolly's v Cashel 

Group 3
Ballymahon
Mostrim 
Longford Slashers
St. Mary's, Granard

Round 1: Ballymahon v Mostrim / Longford Slashers v St. Mary's

Group 4
Dromard
Rathcline 
Fr. Manning Gaels

Round 1: Dromard v Rathcline / Fr. Manning Gaels a bye