Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Has Brendan Gilmore any hope of ousting Pat Cahill?

I see the motions are the usual auld load of shite. I see Swampies want matches available on line or for download via Crayonsite.

Walk first - then run.

LaurelEye

Quote3: That bye law 4, subsection vii, f delete the following exception, "that a player may declare for a club within a parish in which he went to National School and first played schools football with". Baile Uí Mhatháin

This is Abbey's usual bugbear (although they have no-one to blame for the O'Hara fiasco but themselves). Why are the shams doing stooge for them?

Quote8: That Longford County Board make adjustments or renovations to the existing dugouts to improve the quality of the view towards the top right hand side of Pearse Park (Mc Donald's End). Droim Árd

Just put them in the other dugout.

Quote9: That Longford County Board invest in its existing sound system to improve the sound quality for its attendee's at big matches. Droim Árd

10: That Longford County Board make available a DVD recording to all participating Clubs in championship matches for free as a gesture towards the player's for providing this entertainment to all attending these matches. Droim Árd

Grrrr....

Quote11: That Longford County Board make available to all clubs through the Longford GAA Website previous recorded County Finals or any other such material associated with County Final Day for downloading or pay per view as part of a online historical archrival system for the clubs. Droim Árd

Surely Dromard already have a historical archrival?
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Shamrock Shore

Copehagen should be informed about these motions. The amount of useless hot air that will be generated will surely melt Greenland.

The brother was saying the proposed 'Centre of Excellence' passed its first test recently.

i.e. the hooring site wasn't under 10 foot of water.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 06, 2009, 10:06:45 AM
Copehagen should be informed about these motions. The amount of useless hot air that will be generated will surely melt Greenland.

The brother was saying the proposed 'Centre of Excellence' passed its first test recently.

i.e. the hooring site wasn't under 10 foot of water.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sink-Longford-to-make-a-lake-to-prevent-future-flooding-in-Ireland/351203105327
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

QuoteQuote
3: That bye law 4, subsection vii, f delete the following exception, "that a player may declare for a club within a parish in which he went to National School and first played schools football with". Baile Uí Mhatháin

This is Abbey's usual bugbear (although they have no-one to blame for the O'Hara fiasco but themselves). Why are the shams doing stooge for them?

Wah Hay, Padraig Berry can come back to Colmcille.  Thanks Scabbies.  ;D
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on December 07, 2009, 12:51:53 PM
QuoteQuote
3: That bye law 4, subsection vii, f delete the following exception, "that a player may declare for a club within a parish in which he went to National School and first played schools football with". Baile Uí Mhatháin

Wah Hay, Padraig Berry can come back to Colmcille.  Thanks Scabbies.  ;D

You can always take that point up with Mrs Berry, who may have a differing opinion :P

I assume that the prohibition is in relation to minors - seniors can declare for whoever they want as several Colmcille players resident in Edenmore and Fostra can testify. ;)

Billys Boots

Ah there's not several - is there?  Anyhow, Edenmore and Fostra are only parts of Swampland geographically - it would be a human rights abuse to expect them to play for anyone but Colmcille.   :P

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on December 07, 2009, 04:32:32 PM
Ah there's not several - is there?

Three on the championship-winning team. I forgot Glenmore.

QuoteAnyhow, Edenmore and Fostra are only parts of Swampland geographically - it would be a human rights abuse to expect them to play for anyone but Colmcille.   :P

Indeed. Their chances of winning medals would definitely be affected :D

Billys Boots

Quote from: LaurelEye on December 07, 2009, 05:57:48 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on December 07, 2009, 04:32:32 PM
Ah there's not several - is there?

Three on the championship-winning team. I forgot Glenmore.

QuoteAnyhow, Edenmore and Fostra are only parts of Swampland geographically - it would be a human rights abuse to expect them to play for anyone but Colmcille.   :P

Indeed. Their chances of winning medals would definitely be affected :D

It's not about medals - it's about self-esteem.  ;)

panc56

Would ye lot in Colmcille ever get a grip. Berry is one of us! Always will be as long as those doggy knees of his last! What a player though pity we didnt hvae a few more like him. Anyway convention was the usual load of crap.

Billys Boots

QuoteWould ye lot in Colmcille ever get a grip.

We're doing our best.  :P

North Longford

Jeepers Panc ya neeedin be worrying about Colmcille if the rumours up this way and a little further north west are anything to go by. Couple of trophies must not have been enough this year!!!

Shamrock Shore

To all ye hoors from Colmcille, Mullinyachta, Slashers, Connollys etc all the best from myself

I hate the lot of ye.......but not in a bad way........unlike dem Ardagh ****s

Happy Christmas!

Billys Boots

Happy new year one and all - hope it's an improvement on 2009 for everyone.*

* except Dromard.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 04, 2010, 09:52:05 AM
Happy new year one and all - hope it's an improvement on 2009 for everyone.*

* except Dromard.

Hopefully we won't have to rely on paperwork f**k-ups to stay in Senior this year. Anything above that will be a bonus.